Thread: LAPD violated policy by firing on women during hunt for Christopher Dorner.

LAPD violated policy by firing on women during hunt for Christopher Dorner.

A civilian oversight board has determined that eight Los Angeles police officers violated department policy when they mistakenly opened fire on two women during the manhunt for rogue ex-cop Christopher Dorner. [ ... ] Margie Carranza and her then 71-year-old mother, Emma Hernandez, were delivering newspapers around 5 a.m. when LAPD officers guarding the Torrance home of a target named in Dorner’s online manifesto blasted at least 100 rounds at their pickup.

He killed the daughter of a former police official and her fiance, and two law enforcement officers during a 10-day run from authorities.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...en-during-hun/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

On the other half of the scale, the officer who rammed and shot the windows out of a black Honda Ridgeline driven buy a white guy when he was hunting down a black guy driving a gray Nissan Titan was found to be fully justified.

Banned
    They found no dog in the vehicle? That explains it...

Why are not these guys arrested?
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 02-04-2014 at 07:31 PM.

It took an entire YEAR for these guys to be declared as "violated policy."

Wow.

I fail to understand how the survivors continue to live there.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

When do they announce "this can be remedied" with "more training"? "No reason to make a big deal of this."
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

Founder's Club Member
    They violated policy?

How about an honest press release? When can we get something like this:

"We have determined that public outrage and demands for charges are entirely justified. Accordingly, we are recommending the prosecutor seek indictments against the fired officers for attempted murder, reckless discharge, willful negligence, fraudulently collecting paychecks pretending to be heroes while actually being cowards, and so forth. As with un-badged criminals and innocents, we are recommending the prosecutor pile on additional charges to encourage a plea."
    Last edited by Citizen; 02-04-2014 at 11:26 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

The people of CA have to put the pressure on~~~but will they?

As long as it happens to "somebody else" progressives are all to willing to applaud this type of behavior in the illusion of safety.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    They violated policy?

How about an honest press release? When can we get something like this:

"We have determined that public outrage and demands for charges are entirely justified. Accordingly, we are recommending the prosecutor seek indictments against the fired officers for attempted murder, reckless discharge, willful negligence, fraudulently collecting paychecks pretending to be heroes while actually being cowards, and so forth. As with un-badged criminals and innocents, we are recommending the prosecutor pile on additional charges to encourage a plea."
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post

As long as it happens to "somebody else" progressives are all to willing to applaud this type of behavior in the illusion of safety.
    lol.

Any connection with open carry in California? Any at all?
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    A quiz? Sure, that's easy. Cops open carry, they were open carrying when they assaulted these citizens, and they prevent you from open carrying effectively.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

According to Lonnie Wilson Californians open carry is what lost them the right to open carry.

So you going to add anything of substance to the conversation or just whine?

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    According to Lonnie Wilson Californians open carry is what lost them the right to open carry...
    I don't know who LW is, but he is pretty naive, probably for his own agenda. It was a-hole cops' reactions to citizens carrying that caused them to no longer be able to carry.
    Last edited by MAC702; 02-08-2014 at 09:08 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I don't know who LW is, but he is pretty naive, probably for his own agenda. It was a-hole cops' reactions to citizens carrying that caused them to no longer be able to carry.
    This and stupid progressive/communist/democrat and republican/anti-gun/anti-freedom/anti-personal responsibility politicians and judges and those who elected or appointed them who are responsible for the loss of OC in California.

If I missed any responsible here please feel free to add to my list.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    He now goes by Gray Peterson.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    <snip>How about an honest press release? When can we get something like this:

I like this very much, but doubt it will ever happen in the CSSR, or especially when dealing with any actions taken by LEO's.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post

x2

Then have it moved to the Social Lounge section.
    Last edited by teddyearp; 02-09-2014 at 09:16 PM.

Open carry? In California?

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Open carry? In California?
    Some from Cal Guns are still but hurt that OC'ers continued to OC and didn't fall in line with big gun organizations demands. They then try to call in to question peoples morals, intelligence and lay the blame on them for trying to fight tyranny anyway they personally feel they are able.