• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan 5

I am so fed up with all this CRAP people post about cops. I can't say that I like a lot of the stuff I see as well, and yeah I tend to get ticked off by the videos I watch. Like the black kid that was minding his own business in San Jose BART, sitting there, complying with the unreasonable demands of the cops, and one decides to bust a cop is the kid, killing him. Of the homeless guy in Fullerton. Yeah it makes me mad as hell. AND I SCREAM ABOUT IT, TOO!

But just as much as I scream about how decent cops are not appreciated for the work they do. Not all cops are good and not all are bad. Actually it's a mix. No one cop is perfect. He or she has their up days and down days, and sometimes like the rest of us humans, they slip. No it doesn't excuse some of the outright abuse I even SCREAM ABOUT. But I feel it helps explain some of what is out there.

I think it's about time we start a few threads talking about the good cops. Yeah, yeah. I know. That likely leaves out a few schmucks here in OC, but hey, that happens everywhere. (TIC)

So I say drop the name, department name and phone number of the cop you think deserves praise for doing good work. Just as much as giving that info helps in bust the trash with badges, I feel that praising the good guys only feeds more into bringing more of the good guys out.

So I'm gonna mention a few good cops that deserve praise.

Shawn Sackett, East Carbon Utah PD. (435)888-2081
Mitch Vetere, Emery County Sheriff's Dept. (435)381-2404
Aaron D'Mize, Fowler Colorado PD (719) 263-5161

There's a few others, but I'd have to say these three deserve a big pat on the back. Fine, outstanding gentlemen, very professional in their work, and none of them have busted a cap in me yet!

Liability statement: I do not have any outstanding warrants or investigations against me at this time nor am I aware or expecting any. (just in case some schmuck out there wants to say that I'm kissing some hind-end...which I'm not).

Now, I'd like to see a few of you bums out there start talking about the GOOD cops you know! MAN UP, HOMEY!

DrakeZ07

I am so fed up with all this CRAP people post about cops. I can't say that I like a lot of the stuff I see as well, and yeah I tend to get ticked off by the videos I watch. Like the black kid that was minding his own business in San Jose BART, sitting there, complying with the unreasonable demands of the cops, and one decides to bust a cop is the kid, killing him. Of the homeless guy in Fullerton. Yeah it makes me mad as hell. AND I SCREAM ABOUT IT, TOO!

But just as much as I scream about how decent cops are not appreciated for the work they do. Not all cops are good and not all are bad. Actually it's a mix. No one cop is perfect. He or she has their up days and down days, and sometimes like the rest of us humans, they slip. No it doesn't excuse some of the outright abuse I even SCREAM ABOUT. But I feel it helps explain some of what is out there.

I think it's about time we start a few threads talking about the good cops. Yeah, yeah. I know. That likely leaves out a few schmucks here in OC, but hey, that happens everywhere. (TIC)

So I say drop the name, department name and phone number of the cop you think deserves praise for doing good work. Just as much as giving that info helps in bust the trash with badges, I feel that praising the good guys only feeds more into bringing more of the good guys out.

There's a few others, but I'd have to say these three deserve a big pat on the back. Fine, outstanding gentlemen, very professional in their work, and none of them have busted a cap in me yet!

Liability statement: I do not have any outstanding warrants or investigations against me at this time nor am I aware or expecting any. (just in case some schmuck out there wants to say that I'm kissing some hind-end...which I'm not).

Now, I'd like to see a few of you bums out there start talking about the GOOD cops you know! MAN UP, HOMEY!

I don't know of a single 'good' cop, amongst all the LEOs I know.

There are no real 'good' cops, because to be 'good', they'd have to not break any single law, or ordnance, on or off duty. I've seen, and heard, and read, about supposedly 'good cops breaking traffic laws at-will, going 90mph down a highway in a cruiser with no lights/sirens on; weaving in and out of traffic at high speed in a personal vehicle while off duty, and yet call themselves good cops who look out for their fellow common man, or how about a OCDO cop who drove provocatively and aggressively while going to work, in their personal vehicle, dressed in uniform, tail gating a forward car, honking at them, and provoking them, yet claims innocence and still purports to be a law-abiding 'good' cop and pro-citizen to the max.'To be 'good', they'd have to treat people fairly, never use excessive force, and would arrest any 'bad' cop on the spot for being criminally negligent, or doing something illegal, which the 'good' cops never seem to do. I'm not bashing cops, I'm making a statement based on personal experience with and around LEOs, and making a sound judgement based on the hundreds of news articles/sites I read every single day (except saturday, and sunday).

How about the local 'good' cops who are pro-gun, gun friendly, and who will only harass OC'ers 'just a little', or will seize your weapon 'for officer safety' and then congratulate you for carrying or owning a gun and talk to the citizen about how proud the cop is of them and how he's their friend and they should go shooting together. Or the local constable who only got his position through a family member who is County Judge Exec, and hands in fake tickets to collect money from the county for his 'fee', but EVERYONE in town says he's a 'good' cop, and they trust him completely.

How about a 'good' state trooper that pulls over people with 'gay pride' stickers on their cars when leaving known gay clubs in one of our bigger cities, and gives them B.S. citations, but when you go in court to defend yourself, the CA and Judge laughs in the hall way about how the statie was a 'good man' and 'just doing his job like he should'.

Where do you draw the line between bad cop, and good cop? and what are you over-looking just so you can call a LEO 'good'? Are you over looking speeding, or intimidation? are you over-looking the corrupt practice of taking discounts on food and groceries and ammo because of their badge, that normal people have to pay full price for? are you over looking their willing use of immunity? are you over looking the unions that every LEO loves to support at the expense of tax dollars? are you over looking the fact that any LEO who doesn't work and try hard to enforce the laws on other cops, AND dismantle the blue wall of silence, is in fact, a 'bad' cop?

No sir, I do not subscribe to your insinuations that there are good, and bad people in that chosen profession. Just as how I refuse to acknowledge anyone in a U.S. Military uniform as doing anything more than their job, and getting just what they -volunteered- for. Neither the former, nor latter professions do us any good, so why should we treat them like they're some how immune to bad behavior?

All careers, and professions are corrupt, and 'bad' in one form or another. There is no single profession in this world that has a single person involved in it that isn't corrupt in any way, or breaks the law in one form or another.

I've broken the speed limit on more than one occasion, just as YOU have too, and everyone else here has as well. By definition, none of us are "Law-Abiding citizens", because none of us have perfectly and obediently obeyed all laws, ordnance's, or limitations 100% of the time.

/End my less-than-sober rant.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I tried a thread once on the same general subject - went about as far as running up hill on a hot lava flow.

The problem is that complimenting a LEO attracts the rants and notice me postings of those intent on raising their voices above others. Perhaps I need to edit more those more aggressively.

The idea is well received by myself, just don't think it will become the flavor of the month.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I tried a thread once on the same general subject - went about as far as running up hill on a hot lava flow.

The problem is that complimenting a LEO attracts the rants and notice me postings of those intent on raising their voices above others. Perhaps I need to edit more those more aggressively.

The idea is well received by myself, just don't think it will become the flavor of the month.

Nobody is perfect .. but I never shot a person in the street with his hands in the air either.

I don't know what makes a cop a "good" cop .. but its apparent when one is "bad" ...

Maverick9

You want names?

I'm not sure the good cops I know want their names posted here...

If Grape says it's OK, I will.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You want names?

I'm not sure the good cops I know want their names posted here...

If Grape says it's OK, I will.
IMO would be fine if restricted to name, LEA, and appropriate comments, but w/o personal/private information.

OC for ME

My definition of a good cop is singular to me. Other folks may hold a definition of what a good cop is that is similar to mine, but their definition will never be identical to mine. I have yet to meet a cop that fits my definition, some very few (limited exposure) are very close.

I'm don't give shout-outs to "good" cops, I extend my respect in person because my respect is hard won and well deserved.

The premise of my definition: A good cop is a cop who thinks individual liberty first and how his official acts affect individual liberty.

georg jetson

You want the name of a decent cop?

Regina Tasca. Look her up.

Yes Yes!!! What she did would be part of the definition of a "good" cop.

As far as bad vs good, perhaps they're being set up to fail. As is brought up many times, the reason cops may behave poorly is because of the courts. I believe bad cops are a symptom and not the problem. Considering this, to be a "good" cop, they must be extraordinary. These days, the rare good cop is worthy of notice.

Logan 5

Enough ******** from the pansy crowd. If you know a good cop, give their name, department and contact number. And call!
But say something nice.

Or could do it like Grapeshot suggests, and give their bank name, account number and credit card number as well.

Which, honestly, reminds me of years back when we used to prank people online. Get someone's name and the number to call them at and give them a line of ****. Like one time, back when it wasn't a crime to flame someone for being gay, we'd pick someone and call them en masse. Spread their name, number and reason around on line, and they'd get around 30-50 calls a day.
Phone rings....
"Hello?"
"Yeah is Officer John Doe there?"
"Yeah, that's me. How can I help you..."
"Yeah, this fella 'Steve' (always pick someone you know they know)said that you turned gay, dude? Has you consulted with your wives on this?"
The multitude of swearing was humorous, to say the least. And imagining the contact between them and the other guy...if phone lines could tell tales!

Now they have caller ID, the jerks. AND it's illegal. The jerks.

Kopis

I was stopped quite a few times last year (bad luck i guess) and was armed most of the time. I had extremely pleasant and professional interactions with all of them. There was one stop that i didnt like how it started but it ended very well. They're just people doing a job, Im far from perfect so who am i to judge? We have bad managers at my company just as every police force has bad cops.

Logan 5

NOT funny............well maybe a little humorous.
Yeah, we know you're giggling from deep in your blessed heart.

Seriously guys. If you have crap to say about cops, say it somewhere else. But say the good stuff here. And saying "Oh, well, I suppose I knew one umpteen years back..." and not dropping their name is pathetic. Something current.
Don't hold back guys!

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--

And Grapeshot sent us. :monkey

(said in juvenile humor, of course...ain't done a crank call in years)

I have been known to "send" a few people.

Some into orbit, some to a quiet and peaceful place.

Others to the storeroom for left handed paddles, cup of fresh dehydrated water (made from dry ice) and similar in my fraternity days. :p

Freedom1Man

I was stopped quite a few times last year (bad luck i guess) and was armed most of the time. I had extremely pleasant and professional interactions with all of them. There was one stop that i didnt like how it started but it ended very well. They're just people doing a job, Im far from perfect so who am i to judge? We have bad managers at my company just as every police force has bad cops.

So, their job is to stop and harass citizens who are simply traveling about? If so, then how is that a good police officer?

Fuller Malarkey

Your rationalization in red is a bit troubling to me.

Would you be OK with applying the same performance standards to airline pilots?

Please feel to elaborate on your position.

Fuller Malarkey

I missed the criteria you based your "good cop" accreditation on. What sets them aside from the bad cops. How they were "vetted". Most importantly, the litmus test that was applied indicating each and every one of the named "good cops" have never in their career been a party to, or have knowledge of, the formation of "The Thin Blue Line".

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Bwahaha! "Bad managers" says their very best employee that is not a manager, or is a manager tolerating incompetence in his peers, or is a company officer that tolerates, or the owner that tolerates?
If people rise to their level of incompetence, what does that say about those on top?

WalkingWolf

People rarely sue good doctors, people rarely tell frozen pizza vendor their pizza's are great. But let them screw up and then people speak up. It is human nature.

We do have a problem in this country with the ever increasing LEO incidents with gross violations of rights, and it seems most "good" cops do nothing about it. NC is starting to build a track record for prosecuting bad cops. Until the rest of the nation steps up to the plate, it will always be more moaning than compliments.

Just a thought, how many Mass Cops stepped up to the plate in the mass abuses of rights post Boston Bombing? I have not heard of even ONE!

OP the "good" cops you mentioned, have they ever stepped up to the plate to stop abuses? Or are they just friends of yours, that do not hassle you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.