Thread: Posted no tresspassing signs - legal size and distance requirement

Posted no tresspassing signs - legal size and distance requirement

Hi.

I've searched and looked over many links to the TN code, but I can't find/missed the sigh and distance requirments for posted no trespassing signs on land.

Anyone know the link where it states this information on the TN code website ?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by marrandy View Post
    Hi. I've searched and looked over many links to the TN code, but I can't find/missed the sigh and distance requirments for posted no trespassing signs on land. Anyone know the link where it states this information on the TN code website ?

Thanks.
    Why do you think such requirements exist?

TENNESSEE STATUTES AND CODES
    39-14-405 - Criminal trespass. [ ... ] (c) The defenses to prosecution set out in subsection (b) shall not be applicable to a person violating this section if the property owner posts the property with signs that are visible at all major points of ingress to the property being posted and the signs are reasonably likely to come to the attention of a person entering the property.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

marrandy,

You may be thinking of the "Hunting By written Permission Only" signs, which is part of the TN Code 70-4-106b, which applies to all hunters. Try this link and see if that's what you're talking about. www.tn.gov/twra/pdfs/permission.pdf See the 2nd page, upper left for size and distance requirements.

Having said that, I get my "No Trespassing" signs from the local (Fayetteville) TSC; I believe they fit the 70-4-106b code requirements since I see them all over the place. Something like this, except the ones I got are bright yellow: http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/stor...n?cm_vc=-10005

Good luck!
    Last edited by FTG-05; 02-06-2014 at 12:43 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marrandy View Post
    Hi.

I've searched and looked over many links to the TN code, but I can't find/missed the sigh and distance requirments for posted no trespassing signs on land.

Anyone know the link where it states this information on the TN code website ?

Thanks.
    Who exactly are you trying to keep out and where do you want them to keep off?

Your signs may not meet your goals...hence the questions

The only "no carry" signage that has actual size requirements is for parks. Not specified for general public structures.

- OS