Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49

Thread: Youtube video posters

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    somerset
    Posts
    6

    Youtube video posters

    i recently replied to a video post of an OC encounter in bellvue ,ky, i could not believe the rude, vulgar ,remarks i got for my reply, are these people really carrying a gun, with such an inmuture attitude, i informed them that it was easier to get along with LEO then to challenge them, i do not feel this remark , desires rude, or vulgar replies, i really do not see where it does or cause any good.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,095
    Quote Originally Posted by txtim49 View Post
    i recently replied to a video post of an OC encounter in bellvue ,ky, i could not believe the rude, vulgar ,remarks i got for my reply, are these people really carrying a gun, with such an inmuture attitude, i informed them that it was easier to get along with LEO then to challenge them, i do not feel this remark , desires rude, or vulgar replies, i really do not see where it does or cause any good.
    We will need a link to determine if you deserved the replies or not.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Chief Ten Beers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    129
    Yes, a link please.
    If you're not ashamed to own it, don't be ashamed to open carry it.

    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

    Concealed carry, where you HIDE the exercise of your right to carry arms.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,161

    Maybe this one, with 309 comments ATM

    Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post
    We will need a link to determine if you deserved the replies or not.
    Maybe this one? Bellevue Ky. open carry stop ps1mhd ps1mhd

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AicKHgI1Ga0

    Timothy Sloat 1 day ago Comment on a video and get rude vulgar replies wow and to think with that maturity level they or OC'ers guess thats the mature gun owner wow
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-05-2014 at 01:36 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  5. #5
    Regular Member 09jisaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Louisa, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by txtim49 View Post
    i recently replied to a video post of an OC encounter in bellvue ,ky, i could not believe the rude, vulgar ,remarks i got for my reply, are these people really carrying a gun, with such an inmuture attitude, i informed them that it was easier to get along with LEO then to challenge them, i do not feel this remark , desires rude, or vulgar replies, i really do not see where it does or cause any good.
    Are you Timothy Sloat?

    If so, then your views won't be welcomed here either.

    If somebody is not breaking any laws, he or she should not be required to ID themselves.


    There is a James Isaac who lives in Kentucky who is only three years younger than I. He may or may not have a felony, I do not. I do not want a mix up like that.

    If I was to show my ID, I would have to spend enough time in jail to get this straightened up, then I may have to wait to retrieve my firearm.

    ^ This is exactly why you don't want to show ID unless you are required to, especially if you are doing something that could be illegal if you were a different person.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    Are you Timothy Sloat?

    If so, then your views won't be welcomed here either.

    If somebody is not breaking any laws, he or she should not be required to ID themselves.


    There is a James Isaac who lives in Kentucky who is only three years younger than I. He may or may not have a felony, I do not. I do not want a mix up like that.

    If I was to show my ID, I would have to spend enough time in jail to get this straightened up, then I may have to wait to retrieve my firearm.

    ^ This is exactly why you don't want to show ID unless you are required to, especially if you are doing something that could be illegal if you were a different person.
    James I have to ask how showing your ID would get you mixed up with him? And how would that land you in jail for anything?

    Does he have the same DOB as you? Same address, height weight, race? If not then producing an ID with YOUR info on it would make it clear you aren't him.

    Also IDs usually have a number on them, whether they are a LTC CCW CHL DL etc. Depending on what ID all they have to do is enter that number and ta da either your active and good or your not.

    Not saying you SHOULD HAVE to show id. I'm merely addressing your assertion that showing ID puts you at risk of misidentification.



    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  7. #7
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Maybe this one? Bellevue Ky. open carry stop ps1mhd ps1mhd

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AicKHgI1Ga0
    Wasn't the oppressed in that video a member here? Does anybody know the outcome? Was there legal action filed against the officer?

    BTW Officer Sloat, your trolling on OCDO will not fare well here. Over a year later and now you are popping up here? Did you get disciplined for your illegal act?
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 02-05-2014 at 02:46 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  8. #8
    Regular Member Fuller Malarkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Cadre
    Posts
    1,077
    Heads up folks.

    The OP has done this before....

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...96#post2017896

    Claims to be a former cop. Probably brought over from CochinoUno.com by someone here to agitate....probably a spin off of a yuk-yuk thread.

    Note who swept in to present that being violated is reasonable and normal, objections unreasonable, implying that if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear and you should cooperate in helping build a case against yourself, and afterwards you can spend your own money undoing what you've been intimidated into supplying.
    Last edited by Fuller Malarkey; 02-05-2014 at 02:52 PM.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

    From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

    "People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran ATM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    365
    If this was you, I disagree with your opinion as well:

    attitude is PC,the cop was right you where wrong, show id ,be nice and it will be done in five minutes, by getting loud I would think your a mental and therefore csnt have a firearm, be nice be respectful

    I would not be rude or vulgar, I'd just tell you that your opinions are not factual and that there are many people who will not subjugate themselves to unlawful detention tactics no matter how much easier it makes things.

  10. #10
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Primus will be here soon to tell us what a "good" cop he is...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  11. #11
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuller Malarkey View Post
    Heads up folks.

    The OP has done this before....

    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...96#post2017896

    Claims to be a former cop. Probably brought over from CochinoUno.com by someone here to agitate....probably a spin off of a yuk-yuk thread.

    Note who swept in to present that being violated is reasonable and normal, objections unreasonable, implying that if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear and you should cooperate in helping build a case against yourself, and afterwards you can spend your own money undoing what you've been intimidated into supplying.
    If he was a officer, he probably got fired, this is not the first time a officer came here after violating rights to spew venom. Remember the whole foods incident in NOLA? That piece of garbage came here to justify his actions, it didn't take long for him to leave.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  12. #12
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    James I have to ask how showing your ID would get you mixed up with him? And how would that land you in jail for anything?

    Does he have the same DOB as you? Same address, height weight, race? If not then producing an ID with YOUR info on it would make it clear you aren't him.

    Also IDs usually have a number on them, whether they are a LTC CCW CHL DL etc. Depending on what ID all they have to do is enter that number and ta da either your active and good or your not.

    Not saying you SHOULD HAVE to show id. I'm merely addressing your assertion that showing ID puts you at risk of misidentification.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Maybe MA has a photo along with identifiable info readily available to a officer on foot. Missouri does not. If I am not engaged in a licensed activity a request for a ID check by a cop will be respectfully denied. Any further attempts by the cop to encourage my acquiescence will be viewed in a very negative light.

    Cop: Excuse me Sir, we are looking for a person who resembles you, can I see some ID?
    Me: Why would you be looking for a person who looks like me?
    Cop: We think he did 'X'.
    Me: Where did this person who looks like me do 'X'?
    Cop: Over at such-and-such.
    Me: When?
    Cop: Then.
    Me: Nope, not me. Sorry I could not be of any assistance, have a good day officer and be safe.
    Cop: I need to see your ID to confirm that you are not him.
    Me: Uh, do you have this persons name?
    Cop: No.
    Me: Then my ID will not provide any further illumination.
    Cop: But we need to rule you out as a person of interest.
    Me: Well, go and get that fellas name then I'll be more than happy to provide you my name.
    Cop: Sir, I need for you to show me your ID.
    Me: Respectfully, I must decline.
    Cop: (this is where his Spidey Sense should be going off big time.
    Me: Well, here comes the ride.

  13. #13
    Regular Member 09jisaac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Louisa, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    James I have to ask how showing your ID would get you mixed up with him? And how would that land you in jail for anything?

    Does he have the same DOB as you? Same address, height weight, race? If not then producing an ID with YOUR info on it would make it clear you aren't him.

    Also IDs usually have a number on them, whether they are a LTC CCW CHL DL etc. Depending on what ID all they have to do is enter that number and ta da either your active and good or your not.

    Not saying you SHOULD HAVE to show id. I'm merely addressing your assertion that showing ID puts you at risk of misidentification.

    OK, apparently you aren't clear about all of this.



    James Isaac of Kentucky roughly 20 years old cannot legally own a firearm because of he hit an officer with a baseball bat when we was 18. Assault in the third degree, a class D felony. (This part is made up, the rest is not)

    He is Caucasian, he can freely move around Kentucky, and is average height/weight.


    Now, James Isaac of Kentucky who is 23 years old is carrying a firearm in Louisville when he is stopped by two police officers.

    I am caucasian, can legally move anywhere I want and am average height/weight.

    James Isaac is a felon that has a similar decryption as I. Do you honestly think that they'll just let me continue on my way because ALL I have is a different DOB? They'll have to take the mugshot and compare us to have any definitive evidence that we are not the same person. They'll sort it out at the department.
    Last edited by 09jisaac; 02-05-2014 at 04:57 PM.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Fuller Malarkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Cadre
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    OK, apparently you aren't clear about all of this.



    James Isaac of Kentucky roughly 20 years old cannot legally own a firearm because of he hit an officer with a baseball bat when we was 18. Assault in the third degree, a class D felony. (This part is made up, the rest is not)

    He is Caucasian, he can freely move around Kentucky, and is average height/weight.


    Now, James Isaac of Kentucky who is 23 years old is carrying a firearm in Louisville when he is stopped by two police officers.

    I am caucasian, can legally move anywhere I want and am average height/weight.

    James Isaac is a felon that has a similar decryption as I. Do you honestly think that they'll just let me continue on my way because ALL I have is a different DOB? They'll have to take the mugshot and compare us to have any definitive evidence that we are not the same person. They'll sort it out at the department.
    While what you posted is understood by most here, I'm sure Primus will explain to you why it is reasonable [AND noble] to allow yourself to be sacked by poachers.

    The video was so true to the norm......"forfeit your rights or I'm locking you up". Cooperation under threat....really isn't "cooperation", is it? The cop that will force you to surrender your papers under threat of putting you in a dungeon isn't above forcing another citizen to perform sex in exchange for their freedom, are they? The entire filmed episode is a study in fallacy, extortion and more.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

    From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

    "People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

  15. #15
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    OK, apparently you aren't clear about all of this.



    James Isaac of Kentucky roughly 20 years old cannot legally own a firearm because of he hit an officer with a baseball bat when we was 18. Assault in the third degree, a class D felony. (This part is made up, the rest is not)

    He is Caucasian, he can freely move around Kentucky, and is average height/weight.


    Now, James Isaac of Kentucky who is 23 years old is carrying a firearm in Louisville when he is stopped by two police officers.

    I am caucasian, can legally move anywhere I want and am average height/weight.

    James Isaac is a felon that has a similar decryption as I. Do you honestly think that they'll just let me continue on my way because ALL I have is a different DOB? They'll have to take the mugshot and compare us to have any definitive evidence that we are not the same person. They'll sort it out at the department.
    Really? Your basing this belief on what?

    And IF they did arrest you after you provided ID that clearly shows your not the guy then its a false arrest and you sue.

    Its quite common to have guys with same name and description but different DOBs.

    Its not on YOU to prove your not the guy its on THEM to prove you are. So if you provide photo ID that says your NOT the dude then it isn't " ahh lock him up sort it out later". They then need to build a case your ID is fake or something.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    sparta ky
    Posts
    251
    I am the one in the vid.
    I have not posted on youtube in a long time.
    So I have not been rude to you and will not be.
    What others say I have nothing to do with.
    You have every right to disagree with the way I handle this stop.
    That's one reason I posted this was to hear what others have to say.
    All I ask is to keep it clean and maybe state cites that would back up what
    you and others post so I may learn.
    I thank you for taking the time to watch and post your thoughts.

    Mike

  17. #17
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by ps1mhd View Post
    I am the one in the vid.
    I have not posted on youtube in a long time.
    So I have not been rude to you and will not be.
    What others say I have nothing to do with.
    You have every right to disagree with the way I handle this stop.
    That's one reason I posted this was to hear what others have to say.
    All I ask is to keep it clean and maybe state cites that would back up what
    you and others post so I may learn.
    I thank you for taking the time to watch and post your thoughts.

    Mike
    Did you do any follow up on this instance, such as contacting supervisors or contacting a lawyer? Is it still ongoing, and you can't comment?
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  18. #18
    Regular Member carolina guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Posts
    1,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    And IF they did arrest you after you provided ID that clearly shows your not the guy then its a false arrest and you sue.
    In almost all circumstances, it is far "easier" to not be arrested, than it is to be arrested. If there is no "duty" to act upon a LEOs "request" than the LEO needs to respect the LAC declining to acquiesce to their "request" no matter how much easier it makes their JOB. Period, end of story.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina guy View Post
    In almost all circumstances, it is far "easier" to not be arrested, than it is to be arrested. If there is no "duty" to act upon a LEOs "request" than the LEO needs to respect the LAC declining to acquiesce to their "request" no matter how much easier it makes their JOB. Period, end of story.
    I understand and agree.

    We were talking about somehow showing ID increasing your chances of getting arrested due to misidentification. He was asserting thats likely. I was saying no.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  20. #20
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Really? Your basing this belief on what?

    And IF they did arrest you after you provided ID that clearly shows your not the guy then its a false arrest and you sue.

    Its quite common to have guys with same name and description but different DOBs.

    Its not on YOU to prove your not the guy its on THEM to prove you are. So if you provide photo ID that says your NOT the dude then it isn't " ahh lock him up sort it out later". They then need to build a case your ID is fake or something.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    The singular issue is that the cop(s) will demand that he prove, on the side of the road, that he is not the known felon, or else. Most folks will gladly provide their papers to mitigate the hassle brought about by the cop(s). Another data point that liberty is not respected by LE.

    Absent a side by side pictorial comparison, on the side of the road, 09jisaac must prove he is not the known felon. It may be possible that the cop(s) could use their computer terminal to bring up a photo but that will likely be after 09jisaac is detained. 09jisaac's word that he is not the known felon may not suffice. 09jisaac must contend with a likely felony stop because a "known felon" is viewed wearing a firearm. Until the cops determine that 09jisaac is not the known felon 09jisaac may be assaulted, battered, unlawfully restrained, and his 2A, 4A, and 5A rights violated.

    The cops will not be held to account for their lack of investigative skills because they have/had a good faith understanding (QI) that 09jisaac good have been the known felon. In fact it is very likely that their acts will be praised by their boss for displaying great restraint and resolving the issue on the side of the road.

    The definition of what constitutes a arrest in each state must be considered. In Missouri, me submitting to the cop(s) authority (detention to most folks it seems) is a arrest in Missouri and physical restraint (typically handcuffs) are not a component of the definition of arrest.

    Your MA LE experience appears to be quite different and thus your arguments can only be applicable to MA. I request that you more clearly apply your comments to MA and MA law. this may mitigate confusion.

  21. #21
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    <snip>

    The definition of what constitutes a arrest in each state must be considered. In Missouri, me submitting to the cop(s) authority (detention to most folks it seems) is a arrest in Missouri and physical restraint (typically handcuffs) are not a component of the definition of arrest.

    <snip>
    The RSMo

    Arrest. 544.180. An arrest is made by an actual restraint of the person of the defendant, or by his submission to the custody of the officer, under authority of a warrant or otherwise. The officer must inform the defendant by what authority he acts, and must also show the warrant if required.

    I stand corrected, physical restraint is a component, but my salient point stands, mere submission is a arrest physically restrained or not.

  22. #22
    Regular Member Fuller Malarkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Cadre
    Posts
    1,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    SNIPPED

    We were talking about somehow showing ID increasing your chances of getting arrested due to misidentification. He was asserting thats likely. I was saying no.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Actually, "we" weren't. You cherry picked another post, seized upon a reason given by one poster as to why HE didn't want to submit to arbitrary demands for ID to derail yet another thread.

    I think most of "us" see the video as a typical violation of a citizen's rights on a number of fronts.

    The cop was acting the thug, threatening to ruin this guy by imprisoning him, creating a possible financial and legal nightmare IF he didn't roll over and forfeit his rights. Let's not overlook the obvious, while you distract with non sequiturs, m'k? Few of "us" see any reason to volunteer information to the building of a prosecution against ourselves.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

    From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

    "People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

  23. #23
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by 09jisaac View Post
    Are you Timothy Sloat?

    If so, then your views won't be welcomed here either.

    If somebody is not breaking any laws, he or she should not be required to ID themselves.


    There is a James Isaac who lives in Kentucky who is only three years younger than I. He may or may not have a felony, I do not. I do not want a mix up like that.

    If I was to show my ID, I would have to spend enough time in jail to get this straightened up, then I may have to wait to retrieve my firearm.

    ^ This is exactly why you don't want to show ID unless you are required to, especially if you are doing something that could be illegal if you were a different person.
    How this can be any clearer?

    "IF I WAS TO SHOW MY ID I WOUKD HAVE TO SPEND ENOUGH TIME IN JAIL......."

    "This is exactly why you don't want to show your ID unless you have to...."



    You guys are kidding right? He clearly states that SHOWING an ID will get him locked up for mistaken identity?

    That makes sense to anyone else?

    He never said a word about not showing because you sot have to or who the burden of prove is on or anything else. He was clear..... show ID equals arrest. That's absurd.

    I even agreed that he shouldnt HAVE to show ID. I clearly said the burden is on THEM to prove he's bad not him to PROVE he's innocent.

    How is that a MA only thing?

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  24. #24
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Personally, I'll risk the ride if the cop is not on very firm legal ground. He must articulate exactly his reason for approaching me because I believe that there is no detainment in Missouri. "The officer must inform the defendant by what authority he acts, and must also show the warrant if required." Submitting to his authority is a arrest. This "consensual contact" nonsense permits LE to get away with a great many little rights violations without being held to account. This, and folks tend to not want to pursue a redress of wrongs because they know that the deck is stacked against them.

    I will only provide ID if the cop can articulate his authority right there on the side of the road. He had better be dead on certain that he has it right or else there will be a accounting due. The arrest "definition" is not long, nor is it littered with political-legal-mumbo-jumbo. A citizen submits to the cops authority (you are not free to go) he is arrested under the statute. The 5A should be invoked immediately. Now, the question is, does the cop know this? Well, I don't care, because I tell him that I am arrested as a result of he detaining me and then I invoke my 5A right.

    I am not here to make their job easier. A good cop knows this, and knows the very few laws in Missouri that are easy to understand and have the greatest opportunity for misuse and abuse. OC in Missouri is not unlawful. Some towns can ban OC. Some towns ban OC w/o a "permit." Very easy to know, yet cops continue to "not know" or misunderstand the law. Arrest is clearly defined. Claiming ignorance because some ready reference guide is not quite up to snuff is nothing but a cover for thug cops.

  25. #25
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    <snip>

    How is that a MA only thing?

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    Look, I am trying to be reasonable with you yet my efforts appear to be in vain. If a cop has a description and no name, then a ID check is meaningless. If a cop has a name and the ID check shows the same name then a picture is required. No photo of the BG and again, the ID check is meaningless. Cops must have a name and a photo or else a ID check could, however unlikely it may be, result in a cop arresting the wrong guy.

    Cops are pretty good about knowing who they are after and technology has greatly reduced the occurrences of arresting the wrong guy, but it does happen and will happen. Until the citizen knows that the cop is on very firm legal ground, turning over your papers is a bad idea. Citizens must hold a cops feet to the fire right there on the side of the road. Force the cop to justify is acts, articulate his authority.

    Do cops state why they are arresting you, while slapping on the cuffs, like they do on TV anymore?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •