• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Youtube video posters

txtim49

i recently replied to a video post of an OC encounter in bellvue ,ky, i could not believe the rude, vulgar ,remarks i got for my reply, are these people really carrying a gun, with such an inmuture attitude, i informed them that it was easier to get along with LEO then to challenge them, i do not feel this remark , desires rude, or vulgar replies, i really do not see where it does or cause any good.

notalawyer

i recently replied to a video post of an OC encounter in bellvue ,ky, i could not believe the rude, vulgar ,remarks i got for my reply, are these people really carrying a gun, with such an inmuture attitude, i informed them that it was easier to get along with LEO then to challenge them, i do not feel this remark , desires rude, or vulgar replies, i really do not see where it does or cause any good.

We will need a link to determine if you deserved the replies or not.

09jisaac

Are you Timothy Sloat?

If so, then your views won't be welcomed here either.

If somebody is not breaking any laws, he or she should not be required to ID themselves.

There is a James Isaac who lives in Kentucky who is only three years younger than I. He may or may not have a felony, I do not. I do not want a mix up like that.

If I was to show my ID, I would have to spend enough time in jail to get this straightened up, then I may have to wait to retrieve my firearm.

^ This is exactly why you don't want to show ID unless you are required to, especially if you are doing something that could be illegal if you were a different person.

Primus

Are you Timothy Sloat?

If so, then your views won't be welcomed here either.

If somebody is not breaking any laws, he or she should not be required to ID themselves.

There is a James Isaac who lives in Kentucky who is only three years younger than I. He may or may not have a felony, I do not. I do not want a mix up like that.

If I was to show my ID, I would have to spend enough time in jail to get this straightened up, then I may have to wait to retrieve my firearm.

^ This is exactly why you don't want to show ID unless you are required to, especially if you are doing something that could be illegal if you were a different person.

James I have to ask how showing your ID would get you mixed up with him? And how would that land you in jail for anything?

Does he have the same DOB as you? Same address, height weight, race? If not then producing an ID with YOUR info on it would make it clear you aren't him.

Also IDs usually have a number on them, whether they are a LTC CCW CHL DL etc. Depending on what ID all they have to do is enter that number and ta da either your active and good or your not.

Not saying you SHOULD HAVE to show id. I'm merely addressing your assertion that showing ID puts you at risk of misidentification.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

WalkingWolf

Maybe this one? Bellevue Ky. open carry stop ps1mhd ps1mhd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AicKHgI1Ga0

Wasn't the oppressed in that video a member here? Does anybody know the outcome? Was there legal action filed against the officer?

BTW Officer Sloat, your trolling on OCDO will not fare well here. Over a year later and now you are popping up here? Did you get disciplined for your illegal act?

Last edited:

Fuller Malarkey

Heads up folks.

The OP has done this before....

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?119277-Must-show-id-when-ask&p=2017896#post2017896

Claims to be a former cop. Probably brought over from CochinoUno.com by someone here to agitate....probably a spin off of a yuk-yuk thread.

Note who swept in to present that being violated is reasonable and normal, objections unreasonable, implying that if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear and you should cooperate in helping build a case against yourself, and afterwards you can spend your own money undoing what you've been intimidated into supplying.

Last edited:

ATM

Campaign Veteran
If this was you, I disagree with your opinion as well:

attitude is PC,the cop was right you where wrong, show id ,be nice and it will be done in five minutes, by getting loud I would think your a mental and therefore csnt have a firearm, be nice be respectful

I would not be rude or vulgar, I'd just tell you that your opinions are not factual and that there are many people who will not subjugate themselves to unlawful detention tactics no matter how much easier it makes things.

WalkingWolf

Heads up folks.

The OP has done this before....

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?119277-Must-show-id-when-ask&p=2017896#post2017896

Claims to be a former cop. Probably brought over from CochinoUno.com by someone here to agitate....probably a spin off of a yuk-yuk thread.

Note who swept in to present that being violated is reasonable and normal, objections unreasonable, implying that if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear and you should cooperate in helping build a case against yourself, and afterwards you can spend your own money undoing what you've been intimidated into supplying.

If he was a officer, he probably got fired, this is not the first time a officer came here after violating rights to spew venom. Remember the whole foods incident in NOLA? That piece of garbage came here to justify his actions, it didn't take long for him to leave.

OC for ME

James I have to ask how showing your ID would get you mixed up with him? And how would that land you in jail for anything?

Does he have the same DOB as you? Same address, height weight, race? If not then producing an ID with YOUR info on it would make it clear you aren't him.

Also IDs usually have a number on them, whether they are a LTC CCW CHL DL etc. Depending on what ID all they have to do is enter that number and ta da either your active and good or your not.

Not saying you SHOULD HAVE to show id. I'm merely addressing your assertion that showing ID puts you at risk of misidentification.

Maybe MA has a photo along with identifiable info readily available to a officer on foot. Missouri does not. If I am not engaged in a licensed activity a request for a ID check by a cop will be respectfully denied. Any further attempts by the cop to encourage my acquiescence will be viewed in a very negative light.

Cop: Excuse me Sir, we are looking for a person who resembles you, can I see some ID?
Me: Why would you be looking for a person who looks like me?
Cop: We think he did 'X'.
Me: Where did this person who looks like me do 'X'?
Cop: Over at such-and-such.
Me: When?
Cop: Then.
Me: Nope, not me. Sorry I could not be of any assistance, have a good day officer and be safe.
Cop: I need to see your ID to confirm that you are not him.
Me: Uh, do you have this persons name?
Cop: No.
Me: Then my ID will not provide any further illumination.
Cop: But we need to rule you out as a person of interest.
Me: Well, go and get that fellas name then I'll be more than happy to provide you my name.
Cop: Sir, I need for you to show me your ID.
Me: Respectfully, I must decline.
Cop: (this is where his Spidey Sense should be going off big time.
Me: Well, here comes the ride.

09jisaac

OK, apparently you aren't clear about all of this.

James Isaac of Kentucky roughly 20 years old cannot legally own a firearm because of he hit an officer with a baseball bat when we was 18. Assault in the third degree, a class D felony. (This part is made up, the rest is not)

He is Caucasian, he can freely move around Kentucky, and is average height/weight.

Now, James Isaac of Kentucky who is 23 years old is carrying a firearm in Louisville when he is stopped by two police officers.

I am caucasian, can legally move anywhere I want and am average height/weight.

James Isaac is a felon that has a similar decryption as I. Do you honestly think that they'll just let me continue on my way because ALL I have is a different DOB? They'll have to take the mugshot and compare us to have any definitive evidence that we are not the same person. They'll sort it out at the department.

Last edited:

Fuller Malarkey

James Isaac of Kentucky roughly 20 years old cannot legally own a firearm because of he hit an officer with a baseball bat when we was 18. Assault in the third degree, a class D felony. (This part is made up, the rest is not)

He is Caucasian, he can freely move around Kentucky, and is average height/weight.

Now, James Isaac of Kentucky who is 23 years old is carrying a firearm in Louisville when he is stopped by two police officers.

James Isaac is a felon that has a similar decryption as I. Do you honestly think that they'll just let me continue on my way because ALL I have is a different DOB? They'll have to take the mugshot and compare us to have any definitive evidence that we are not the same person. They'll sort it out at the department.

While what you posted is understood by most here, I'm sure Primus will explain to you why it is reasonable [AND noble] to allow yourself to be sacked by poachers.

The video was so true to the norm......"forfeit your rights or I'm locking you up". Cooperation under threat....really isn't "cooperation", is it? The cop that will force you to surrender your papers under threat of putting you in a dungeon isn't above forcing another citizen to perform sex in exchange for their freedom, are they? The entire filmed episode is a study in fallacy, extortion and more.

Primus

Really? Your basing this belief on what?

And IF they did arrest you after you provided ID that clearly shows your not the guy then its a false arrest and you sue.

Its quite common to have guys with same name and description but different DOBs.

Its not on YOU to prove your not the guy its on THEM to prove you are. So if you provide photo ID that says your NOT the dude then it isn't " ahh lock him up sort it out later". They then need to build a case your ID is fake or something.

ps1mhd

I am the one in the vid.
I have not posted on youtube in a long time.
So I have not been rude to you and will not be.
What others say I have nothing to do with.
You have every right to disagree with the way I handle this stop.
That's one reason I posted this was to hear what others have to say.
All I ask is to keep it clean and maybe state cites that would back up what
you and others post so I may learn.
I thank you for taking the time to watch and post your thoughts.

Mike

WalkingWolf

I am the one in the vid.
I have not posted on youtube in a long time.
So I have not been rude to you and will not be.
What others say I have nothing to do with.
You have every right to disagree with the way I handle this stop.
That's one reason I posted this was to hear what others have to say.
All I ask is to keep it clean and maybe state cites that would back up what
you and others post so I may learn.
I thank you for taking the time to watch and post your thoughts.

Mike

Did you do any follow up on this instance, such as contacting supervisors or contacting a lawyer? Is it still ongoing, and you can't comment?

carolina guy

And IF they did arrest you after you provided ID that clearly shows your not the guy then its a false arrest and you sue.

In almost all circumstances, it is far "easier" to not be arrested, than it is to be arrested. If there is no "duty" to act upon a LEOs "request" than the LEO needs to respect the LAC declining to acquiesce to their "request" no matter how much easier it makes their JOB. Period, end of story.

Primus

In almost all circumstances, it is far "easier" to not be arrested, than it is to be arrested. If there is no "duty" to act upon a LEOs "request" than the LEO needs to respect the LAC declining to acquiesce to their "request" no matter how much easier it makes their JOB. Period, end of story.

I understand and agree.

We were talking about somehow showing ID increasing your chances of getting arrested due to misidentification. He was asserting thats likely. I was saying no.

OC for ME

Really? Your basing this belief on what?

Its quite common to have guys with same name and description but different DOBs.

Its not on YOU to prove your not the guy its on THEM to prove you are. So if you provide photo ID that says your NOT the dude then it isn't " ahh lock him up sort it out later". They then need to build a case your ID is fake or something.

The singular issue is that the cop(s) will demand that he prove, on the side of the road, that he is not the known felon, or else. Most folks will gladly provide their papers to mitigate the hassle brought about by the cop(s). Another data point that liberty is not respected by LE.

Absent a side by side pictorial comparison, on the side of the road, 09jisaac must prove he is not the known felon. It may be possible that the cop(s) could use their computer terminal to bring up a photo but that will likely be after 09jisaac is detained. 09jisaac's word that he is not the known felon may not suffice. 09jisaac must contend with a likely felony stop because a "known felon" is viewed wearing a firearm. Until the cops determine that 09jisaac is not the known felon 09jisaac may be assaulted, battered, unlawfully restrained, and his 2A, 4A, and 5A rights violated.

The cops will not be held to account for their lack of investigative skills because they have/had a good faith understanding (QI) that 09jisaac good have been the known felon. In fact it is very likely that their acts will be praised by their boss for displaying great restraint and resolving the issue on the side of the road.

The definition of what constitutes a arrest in each state must be considered. In Missouri, me submitting to the cop(s) authority (detention to most folks it seems) is a arrest in Missouri and physical restraint (typically handcuffs) are not a component of the definition of arrest.

Your MA LE experience appears to be quite different and thus your arguments can only be applicable to MA. I request that you more clearly apply your comments to MA and MA law. this may mitigate confusion.

OC for ME

<snip>

The definition of what constitutes a arrest in each state must be considered. In Missouri, me submitting to the cop(s) authority (detention to most folks it seems) is a arrest in Missouri and physical restraint (typically handcuffs) are not a component of the definition of arrest.

<snip>
The RSMo

Arrest. 544.180. An arrest is made by an actual restraint of the person of the defendant, or by his submission to the custody of the officer, under authority of a warrant or otherwise. The officer must inform the defendant by what authority he acts, and must also show the warrant if required.

I stand corrected, physical restraint is a component, but my salient point stands, mere submission is a arrest physically restrained or not.