Thread: Unlicensed Open Carry Bill filed!!!!

Johnson City, TN

Unlicensed Open Carry Bill filed!!!!

Here it is: HB 2409; SB 2424. Representative Micah Van Huss is the House sponsor; Senator Mae Beavers is the Senate sponsor.
    "Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

North Carolina
    Good Luck, I hope it passes, honestly I am surprised that TN a red state limits open carry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus
    "Well.... If you take my hat. Decide to wear my hat. Its in your possession ."

"I call popo say "he has my hat i left it at his house". They go talk to you. You say its yours. Sounds like a civil court matter."

"Now I instead say he robbed me... Well popo done go and cuff you up I keep hat or it goes to go to court I testify you done did rob me. You now have to prove you didn't...."

Marion County, Tennessee
    I'll do you one better:

Constitutional Carry (Kind of)
    I carry everywhere because crime doesn't make appointments.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Good Luck, I hope it passes, honestly I am surprised that TN a red state limits open carry.
    TN doesn't limit OC per se. You do have to have a license/permit to carry either open or concealed plus the cost of the license is $120 plus the cost of a moronic stupid "safety" class at $40 plus being fingerprinted like a criminal plus a 4 week wait the first time.

The biggest problem with TN carry law is the "guilty until proven innocent" aspect of it. It's against the law to carry a handgun in TN; the license/permit is a defense against the charge. Which means a LEO only has to see your firearm to have RAS of a crime being committed. So he can stop/detain/disarm to his heart's content without there being not one single thing you can do about it - except attempt to take it to the TN/US SC.

"Innocent until proven guilty" and "... shall not be infringed..." MY BUTT!!!!!

Thread hijack: How do I change my location from AL to TN (I just noticed it, duh!). Thanks,
    Last edited by FTG-05; 02-06-2014 at 11:59 AM.