• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Heads up for you folks on Eastern Shore and 100th District area…,

sidestreet

I wish I was able to nominate this Saturday (Feb. 8th) and vote in the special election later this month (Feb. 25th), because I'd be voting for Melody Scalley, not just because I have a personal connection, but because I happen to believe and agree with what she says about many of the issues that concern me greatly. Most of you who know me, know that I vote my conscience and my values, which sometimes lead me not to vote for certain individuals even though they are Republicans, I don't vote for the other guys either, please understand. Sometimes, you can just smell a skunk a long time before you see it.

The reason I'm posting this here is because she is very Pro 2A, and if you're on this site, it's a fair bet that you're probably very Pro 2A also. She said she's sent in her VCDL questionnaire, so lets see how she stacks up.

Anyway, it's up to you to vote, and we've seen what happens when we don't get the vote out. I think you have an excellent opportunity right now to elect a person who is trying very hard to represent traditional values and respect the constitution.

I invite you to visit her website, learn more about her, decide for yourself, contribute, help, and contribute if you like, that's "Pro-Choice" to me!

I've posted one of her e-mails below, check it, choose your future. The clock is running.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

p.s. Please forgive my "non" computer skills.

Dear Friend,

I am writing to request your support in my bid to win the Republican nomination for the Virginia 100th District House of Delegates this Saturday!

Will you please take just one moment to ‘Like’ our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/MelodyHimelScalley AND SHARE our post about our MONEY BOMB!

If you are on Twitter, please Tweet this: “ Please RETWEET help @melodyscalley WIN Special Election #VA 100th House of Delegates! She needs YOUR HELP donate NOW http://t.co/g9Cf9Obvyy

Your comments of support on my Facebook page would also be very much appreciated! The Speaker just called the Special Election this week. The nomination is this Saturday, February 8 and the Special Election will be held on February 25. This is the seat vacated by Delegate Lynwood Lewis who won his race by 11 votes and flipped the Virginia Senate to Democrat.

The website is http://www.scalleyfordelegate.com/

We currently need help making calls and can set you up in no time to make calls from home! If you are able to give even 30 minutes to make calls, please let us know ASAP!

Your prayers are also very much appreciated. We can win this race with your support! PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO YOUR LISTS!

God Bless you and thank you,

Melody

757 678 7200
http://www.scalleyfordelegate.com

sidestreet

Ah, Yes!!!

The VCDL's VA-ALERT on this election said that she contacted VCDL and requested a survey, and then immediately returned it!

TFred

The Alert just hit my e-mailbox at 1303 hours today. I've been a little busy with my grandson at the hospital this morning and hadn't checked the 'puter. Yes, she did return it very quickly, and I dare say that's because she knows her mind and her values, and is very quick to take care of business. Not surprised at all to see that she is indicated as "Very Pro- Gun", as we discuss gun laws and related situations frequently, but she is so much more than that. I listened to her radio talk show a couple of months back, and was very impressed at her knowledge and views on a number of things.

She's been trying to make some of our breakfasts and dinners here in Richmond, and when it looked as though her schedule was finally going to allow her to make one, she came down with a terrible case of food poisoning (that usually doesn't happen until after the meal, lol, :p). She did make it to one of the last VCDL meetings here in the West End (Henrico) Martin's. I know how hard she works and how she has covered so much ground trying to get things turned back around and heading in the right direction. I certainly couldn't keep up with her, but I do intend to help her however I can. I hope you will take the time to learn more about her, and that you will want to help her too.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

sidestreet

I'm not sure she was what you'd call…,

I missed the Martins meeting. I didn't know she was supposed to show.

a "Featured Guest", but I believe she was there to say a few words, I was going to go to that but I had to be at a pastor search committee meeting for my church at the same time that went on until after 9:30 pm, so I wasn't able to make it. There was so much going on from November to just a couple of weeks ago that it all seems like a blur now, one thing running into and over another.

Well, for now it doesn't appear that she secured the nomination, but thanks to all for any support and for reading this thread. I just hope that the person that did get the nomination will work at least as hard and care as much as Melody does. :)

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13