Thread: Magazine and weapons ceretificate

Magazine and weapons ceretificate

Has anyone recieved their certificate for large capacity magazines or for their assault type rifles yet. I sent mine in the early part of Dec 13 because I would be out of state and I have not received anything as of yet.

Banned
    I only registered what I can be legally required to register; nothing.

Why did you register anything?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Why did you register anything?

Because he doesn't know history...........

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyB View Post
    Because he doesn't know history...........
    Most people don't understand the purpose behind our RKBA ... that's my guess.

Uhm...i would guess the folks that registered are the ones that saw what happened to William Dong...if I recall correctly, he's still in jail on a $500K bond even though his violations are relatively minor (loaded rifle in car after/before a range trip, over the 10rd limit in one handgun, illegal AR purchase/import into the state)...none of them are crimes of violence.

Mr. Dong's arrest (for apparently lawful behavior) happened miles away from home, yet his home was searched. Mr. Dong did not invite the attention of police, a 911 caller reported him engaged in apparently lawful behavior (he was moving guns around his car after/before a range trip). are you comfortable taking the risk that some "hoplophobe" can pick up the phone and ruin your life?

You should EXPECT any "in the field" gun violation to result in the search/seizure of your home and ALL of your weapons...and the discovery of your illegal AWs in the process. Your best bet is to have your ducks in a row if/when that happens.

Again, Mr. Dong was engaged in apparently lawful behavior, a 911 caller who did not understand the gravity of what would happen to Mr. Dong called and reported "MWAG + School" and things went downhill from there. Legally, no officer observing Mr. Dong's conduct at the time would have been able to arrest him or even stop him for brief questioning...yet because a 911 caller reported it...his life was RUINED.

Fingers crossed that Mr. Dong's lawyers untangle this mess and get him out of it...he never should have been stopped in the first place and anything arising from the stop should be suppressed. My guess is that he opened his mouth and hung himself.
    Last edited by CT Barfly; 02-11-2014 at 11:55 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CT Barfly View Post
    Uhm...i would guess the folks that registered are the ones that saw what happened to William Dong..
    No, I don't think so ... ones who registered don't understand their RKBA .. otherwise they would not have registered/declared anything.

I registered/declared everything I could be required to ... nothing. How about you CT Barfly?

No, I don't think so ... ones who registered don't understand their RKBA .. otherwise they would not have registered/declared anything.

I registered/declared everything I could be required to ... nothing. How about you CT Barfly?
    You can be absolutely right.

And still be in jail.

People have choices to make based on their individual circumstances.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    You can be absolutely right.

And still be in jail.

People have choices to make based on their individual circumstances.
    One cannot let fear run their life. And "individual circumstances"? Cop out IMO

Yours is an empty statement. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and tell us what state you live in and what currently banned LCMs/weapons you own, if any. If you're going to parade around here as the only man standing up for his rights...man up and declare your noncompliance publicly and openly.

Otherwise, I am personally tired of your bold statements, exhortations, and worst of all ADVICE given to perfect strangers which could put them in jeopardy. Telling people to not comply with the law is something I would never advise anyone to do.
    Last edited by CT Barfly; 02-11-2014 at 01:39 PM.

individual circumstances are far from a cop out...maybe you're an unemployed homeless person with a stash of AR15s and LCMs...a felony conviction could be a real step up in circumstances. it has been a cold winter with more snow on the way. some jailtime might be just what the doctor ordered.

You absolutely have the option to sit in jail wondering who's feeding your kids, knowing you didn't "cop out."
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

The OP asked a simple question of members, and this is what he or she gets?

I contribute here infrequently if at all, and occasionally I'm reminded why.

In answer to the OP, I have not received anything from the state yet, and not worried one bit about it.

If one lives in a state that requires registration or if it ever comes to the place where one lives now.

Every body well have to make their mind up if they are going to follow the law.

I know what I am going to do.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

I sent my stuff in around the same time and haven't gotten anything back yet either.

Banned
    what currently banned LCMs/weapons you own, if any.

You did not know that the state said that those that disclose such information put themselves at risk of injury or death?

Banned
    Yours is an empty statement. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and tell us what state you live in and what currently banned LCMs/weapons you own, if any. If you're going to parade around here as the only man standing up for his rights...man up and declare your noncompliance publicly and openly.

Otherwise, I am personally tired of your bold statements, exhortations, and worst of all ADVICE given to perfect strangers which could put them in jeopardy. Telling people to not comply with the law is something I would never advise anyone to do.
    I don't give advice ... I give opinion, that's different. If someone asks about how to do something, I give them information to aid them in their goal. Like those that posted their AW application on 31st of DEC ... and it got postmarked the 2nd ~ its still filed on the 31st per CT Practice Book and they should appeal the refusal to register. Even Malloy knows that now -- no new legislation is required. People who got the notarization done on the 31st but did not mail it until the 2nd? They are SOL and they just told the state they are felons...per state law (I think they are fine).

As for my declarations/reg. -- I did all that I can be required to do. Nothing.

You need to post your position in respect to if the state can require a citizen to declare anything with the state and how this is not a violation of the 2nd amendment and why not.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    You absolutely have the option to sit in jail wondering who's feeding your kids, knowing you didn't "cop out."
    Wouldn't be in jail forever .. and I don't recall any children in the US that have starved to death (aside maybe from criminal acts) and there are lots of people in jail, presumably some have kids.

to answer the question.
    No I have not received anything certificate....
    I wanted to ask the same question.

I did receive a rejection letter because I didn't fill the form out correctly that was received around Dec13 also.
    I fixed the form and had it notarized before the deadline I don't know if they received it before the deadline though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by customcreationllc View Post
    to answer the question.
    No I have not received anything certificate....
    I wanted to ask the same question.

I did receive a rejection letter because I didn't fill the form out correctly that was received around Dec13 also.
    I fixed the form and had it notarized before the deadline I don't know if they received it before the deadline though.
    You filed an AMENDED form? Then the date filed goes back to the date of the original form filed.

You filed an AMENDED form? Then the date filed goes back to the date of the original form filed.
    ???
    They sent me my form back stamped with a date and a check list of the mistakes,
    I filled out a new form seeing that I already signed the original not in front of the notary.
    I made copies and I sent them both back.
    I didn't see any Amendment forms?

Crossing my fingers.
    I only have one threaded barrel pistol and a couple standard capacity magazines.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by customcreationllc View Post
    ???
    They sent me my form back stamped with a date and a check list of the mistakes,
    I filled out a new form seeing that I already signed the original not in front of the notary.
    I made copies and I sent them both back.
    I didn't see any Amendment forms?

Crossing my fingers.
    I only have one threaded barrel pistol and a couple standard capacity magazines.
    Your re-filing is the amended form. You did good saving all.