• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Magazine and weapons ceretificate

hciaffa

Has anyone recieved their certificate for large capacity magazines or for their assault type rifles yet. I sent mine in the early part of Dec 13 because I would be out of state and I have not received anything as of yet.

CT Barfly

Uhm...i would guess the folks that registered are the ones that saw what happened to William Dong...if I recall correctly, he's still in jail on a $500K bond even though his violations are relatively minor (loaded rifle in car after/before a range trip, over the 10rd limit in one handgun, illegal AR purchase/import into the state)...none of them are crimes of violence.

Mr. Dong's arrest (for apparently lawful behavior) happened miles away from home, yet his home was searched. Mr. Dong did not invite the attention of police, a 911 caller reported him engaged in apparently lawful behavior (he was moving guns around his car after/before a range trip). are you comfortable taking the risk that some "hoplophobe" can pick up the phone and ruin your life?

You should EXPECT any "in the field" gun violation to result in the search/seizure of your home and ALL of your weapons...and the discovery of your illegal AWs in the process. Your best bet is to have your ducks in a row if/when that happens.

Again, Mr. Dong was engaged in apparently lawful behavior, a 911 caller who did not understand the gravity of what would happen to Mr. Dong called and reported "MWAG + School" and things went downhill from there. Legally, no officer observing Mr. Dong's conduct at the time would have been able to arrest him or even stop him for brief questioning...yet because a 911 caller reported it...his life was RUINED.

Fingers crossed that Mr. Dong's lawyers untangle this mess and get him out of it...he never should have been stopped in the first place and anything arising from the stop should be suppressed. My guess is that he opened his mouth and hung himself.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Uhm...i would guess the folks that registered are the ones that saw what happened to William Dong..

No, I don't think so ... ones who registered don't understand their RKBA .. otherwise they would not have registered/declared anything.

I registered/declared everything I could be required to ... nothing. How about you CT Barfly?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
No, I don't think so ... ones who registered don't understand their RKBA .. otherwise they would not have registered/declared anything.

I registered/declared everything I could be required to ... nothing. How about you CT Barfly?

You can be absolutely right.

And still be in jail.

People have choices to make based on their individual circumstances.

CT Barfly

Yours is an empty statement. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and tell us what state you live in and what currently banned LCMs/weapons you own, if any. If you're going to parade around here as the only man standing up for his rights...man up and declare your noncompliance publicly and openly.

Otherwise, I am personally tired of your bold statements, exhortations, and worst of all ADVICE given to perfect strangers which could put them in jeopardy. Telling people to not comply with the law is something I would never advise anyone to do.

Last edited:

CT Barfly

One cannot let fear run their life. And "individual circumstances"? Cop out IMO

individual circumstances are far from a cop out...maybe you're an unemployed homeless person with a stash of AR15s and LCMs...a felony conviction could be a real step up in circumstances. it has been a cold winter with more snow on the way. some jailtime might be just what the doctor ordered.:lol:

steve495

The OP asked a simple question of members, and this is what he or she gets?

I contribute here infrequently if at all, and occasionally I'm reminded why.

In answer to the OP, I have not received anything from the state yet, and not worried one bit about it.

Firearms Iinstuctor

If one lives in a state that requires registration or if it ever comes to the place where one lives now.

Every body well have to make their mind up if they are going to follow the law.

I know what I am going to do.

forhumans

I sent my stuff in around the same time and haven't gotten anything back yet either.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Yours is an empty statement. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and tell us what state you live in and what currently banned LCMs/weapons you own, if any. If you're going to parade around here as the only man standing up for his rights...man up and declare your noncompliance publicly and openly.

Otherwise, I am personally tired of your bold statements, exhortations, and worst of all ADVICE given to perfect strangers which could put them in jeopardy. Telling people to not comply with the law is something I would never advise anyone to do.

I don't give advice ... I give opinion, that's different. If someone asks about how to do something, I give them information to aid them in their goal. Like those that posted their AW application on 31st of DEC ... and it got postmarked the 2nd ~ its still filed on the 31st per CT Practice Book and they should appeal the refusal to register. Even Malloy knows that now -- no new legislation is required. People who got the notarization done on the 31st but did not mail it until the 2nd? They are SOL and they just told the state they are felons...per state law (I think they are fine).

As for my declarations/reg. -- I did all that I can be required to do. Nothing.

You need to post your position in respect to if the state can require a citizen to declare anything with the state and how this is not a violation of the 2nd amendment and why not.

davidmcbeth

Banned
You absolutely have the option to sit in jail wondering who's feeding your kids, knowing you didn't "cop out."

Wouldn't be in jail forever .. and I don't recall any children in the US that have starved to death (aside maybe from criminal acts) and there are lots of people in jail, presumably some have kids.

customcreationllc

to answer the question.
No I have not received anything certificate....
I wanted to ask the same question.

I did receive a rejection letter because I didn't fill the form out correctly that was received around Dec13 also.
I fixed the form and had it notarized before the deadline I don't know if they received it before the deadline though.

davidmcbeth

Banned
to answer the question.
No I have not received anything certificate....
I wanted to ask the same question.

I did receive a rejection letter because I didn't fill the form out correctly that was received around Dec13 also.
I fixed the form and had it notarized before the deadline I don't know if they received it before the deadline though.

You filed an AMENDED form? Then the date filed goes back to the date of the original form filed.

customcreationllc

You filed an AMENDED form? Then the date filed goes back to the date of the original form filed.

???
They sent me my form back stamped with a date and a check list of the mistakes,
I filled out a new form seeing that I already signed the original not in front of the notary.
I made copies and I sent them both back.
I didn't see any Amendment forms?

Crossing my fingers.
I only have one threaded barrel pistol and a couple standard capacity magazines.