Thread: open carry

open carry

I am new to the gun scene, i was taken shooting by a friend and have been hooked ever since. I live in greensboro nc open carry is legal. Not to pull the race card, But i am a little apprehensive about OCing because i am a black male. And unforunately because of my race i feel like i will be harassed and bothered for no reason. Does anyone have any experiences OCing in greensboro

Px4 i am originally from Greensboro i oc often up there when i am home and i can talk to you any time about it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by px4trane View Post
    I am new to the gun scene, i was taken shooting by a friend and have been hooked ever since. I live in greensboro nc open carry is legal. Not to pull the race card, But i am a little apprehensive about OCing because i am a black male. And unforunately because of my race i feel like i will be harassed and bothered for no reason. Does anyone have any experiences OCing in greensboro
    As long as you feel like a victim you will be a victim, at least in your own mind. Conquering that should be the greater concern. OC knows no color.

That is a very valid point patroit i didnt think about it like that. Thank you. Victus i would most definately like to speak with you about OCing. Send me a message

Quote Originally Posted by px4trane View Post
    That is a very valid point patroit i didnt think about it like that. Thank you. Victus i would most definately like to speak with you about OCing. Send me a message
    Welcome, I live in Kernersville and I believe we are having an OC dinner at Prissy Pollies in K ville Fri Feb 8 at 6PM. Your welcome to come and meet and eat.

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    Welcome, I live in Kernersville and I believe we are having an OC dinner at Prissy Pollies in K ville Fri Feb 8 at 6PM. Your welcome to come and meet and eat.
    Correction, Feb 7th at 6PM. See the events topic at the top of the NC section.

Welcome to OCDO!

Race??? You drive NASCAR? Just kidding, most of us look past ones color, liberty is open to all. Even NASCAR fans.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 02-06-2014 at 02:23 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Welcome to OCDO! Hope you can make it to the meet tomorrow in Kville at 6PM.
    SIC VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

μολὼν λαβέ - molṑn labé - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND TAKE!!!!

px4trane, welcome to the forum...

i liken your question to Fredrick Frankenstein asking Igor about his hump... and Igor's response...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxxSIX3fmmo

I am sure there are some who might react to a person's skin color instead of their exhibited behaviour, but that is their problem, not yours. trust me I have been harassed and left ppl jumping up and down at me. but i was calm to their reactionary posturing, which irritated this gentleman even further to the point they were no longer speaking calmly but shuddering and spiting as he spoke. trust me it was quite a feat to maintain my composure and not look at the man and laugh.

if, as you state, you are new to firearms, i would recommend participating in a formal class (not CHP class) but rather something from perhaps the NRA, say their basic pistol course which could build your confidence on proper handling as well as show you how to provide proper love and care to any firearms you might own.

http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx shows basic pistol courses are being held. if you experience difficulty locating one that meets your needs pm.

bottom line, it is a problem in your mind, get over it and do not others dissuade you from OC'g and welcome again.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 02-06-2014 at 04:11 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    Unforunately i wont be able to come to this meet but the next one for sure. I just have somethings going on this week.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Welcome to OCDO!

Race??? You drive NASCAR? Just kidding, most of us look past ones color, liberty is open to all. Even NASCAR fans.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Welcome to OCDO!

Amen to that. Welcome to ocing friend!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    i liken your question to Fredrick Frankenstein asking Igor about his hump... and Igor's response...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxxSIX3fmmo
    That was hilarious. "What hump?"

Quote Originally Posted by dmatting View Post
    That was hilarious. "What hump?"
    later in the movie, Igor's hump switches sides of his body which perplexes FrankenSTEIN to no end

great timeless movie...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain