• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry

px4trane

I am new to the gun scene, i was taken shooting by a friend and have been hooked ever since. I live in greensboro nc open carry is legal. Not to pull the race card, But i am a little apprehensive about OCing because i am a black male. And unforunately because of my race i feel like i will be harassed and bothered for no reason. Does anyone have any experiences OCing in greensboro

American Patriot

I am new to the gun scene, i was taken shooting by a friend and have been hooked ever since. I live in greensboro nc open carry is legal. Not to pull the race card, But i am a little apprehensive about OCing because i am a black male. And unforunately because of my race i feel like i will be harassed and bothered for no reason. Does anyone have any experiences OCing in greensboro

As long as you feel like a victim you will be a victim, at least in your own mind. Conquering that should be the greater concern. OC knows no color.

px4trane

That is a very valid point patroit i didnt think about it like that. Thank you. Victus i would most definately like to speak with you about OCing. Send me a message

nobama

That is a very valid point patroit i didnt think about it like that. Thank you. Victus i would most definately like to speak with you about OCing. Send me a message

Welcome, I live in Kernersville and I believe we are having an OC dinner at Prissy Pollies in K ville Fri Feb 8 at 6PM. Your welcome to come and meet and eat.

nobama

Welcome, I live in Kernersville and I believe we are having an OC dinner at Prissy Pollies in K ville Fri Feb 8 at 6PM. Your welcome to come and meet and eat.

Correction, Feb 7th at 6PM. See the events topic at the top of the NC section.

WalkingWolf

Welcome to OCDO! :lol:

Race??? You drive NASCAR? Just kidding, most of us look past ones color, liberty is open to all. Even NASCAR fans.

Last edited:

solus

px4trane, welcome to the forum...

i liken your question to Fredrick Frankenstein asking Igor about his hump... and Igor's response...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxxSIX3fmmo

I am sure there are some who might react to a person's skin color instead of their exhibited behaviour, but that is their problem, not yours. trust me I have been harassed and left ppl jumping up and down at me. but i was calm to their reactionary posturing, which irritated this gentleman even further to the point they were no longer speaking calmly but shuddering and spiting as he spoke. trust me it was quite a feat to maintain my composure and not look at the man and laugh.

if, as you state, you are new to firearms, i would recommend participating in a formal class (not CHP class) but rather something from perhaps the NRA, say their basic pistol course which could build your confidence on proper handling as well as show you how to provide proper love and care to any firearms you might own.

http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx shows basic pistol courses are being held. if you experience difficulty locating one that meets your needs pm.

bottom line, it is a problem in your mind, get over it and do not others dissuade you from OC'g and welcome again.

ipse

Last edited:

px4trane

Unforunately i wont be able to come to this meet but the next one for sure. I just have somethings going on this week.