• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Petition to imprison execute all gunowners!?!

PavePusher

Looks like he was also targeting exchange students.

So there are a number of problems with that which have nothing to do with what American Citizens know and believe, and everything to do with being obnoxious and driving an opinion with false evidence.

Sorry, but this is evidence of little but jack-assery.

FreeInAZ

Well what I want to know is this: assuming these twits understand that they would have to do the executing, how do they think they well accomplish this? Stink eye gun owners to death? Surge through the streets in packs of iPod/Ralph Lauren designer clothes wearing mobs and taking on lead spewing gun owners?.... Oh ...please ....! I would call these people retarded, but that would be an insult to those who are actually trying to make their way through life with a mental impairment the best they can. Not those who waste every damn brain cell they were "gifted" since birth! :rolleyes:

I say bring it BIOTCHES!

/rant

mdak06

People tend not to scrutinize information if it is presented in an authoritative manner
This, more than anything else, is the lesson that needs to be learned. People are conditioned (brainwashed?) to accept and respect authority figures.

That's why you have people on juries who will convict persons who have committed the "crime" of possession of a plant, or other non-criminal acts that are prohibited by law. It's also why I'm starting to no longer refer to good gun owners as "law-abiding citizens" because sometimes abiding by the law is dangerous and/or unwarranted.

stealthyeliminator

This, more than anything else, is the lesson that needs to be learned. People are conditioned (brainwashed?) to accept and respect authority figures.

That's why you have people on juries who will convict persons who have committed the "crime" of possession of a plant, or other non-criminal acts that are prohibited by law. It's also why I'm starting to no longer refer to good gun owners as "law-abiding citizens" because sometimes abiding by the law is dangerous and/or unwarranted.

Specifically one of the reasons I was transferred out of public school :shocker:

Teachers can be wrong, too, and my parents were becoming very concerned with the... installment of the mentality that "the authority" was not ever wrong.

Interestingly, when I got back to college I ran into the same mindset. Student questions something in book. "It is right because it's in the book." (This is after the teacher made corrections to errors in the book for almost every lesson prior to this statement) Ironically this was in a logic class.

PistolPackingMomma

Exactly. Being law abiding means obedient, not necessarily "good". Though the authoritarians would have you believe they are the same.