• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Petition to imprison execute all gunowners!?!

Freedom1Man

http://bearingarms.com/college-students-sign-petition-to-imprison-execute-all-gun-owners/

FUQ
In the video above (which we showed at the end of “Why do you need an assault rifle?” Why, to kill tyrants, of course), Dice pretends to be collecting signatures for the repeal of the Second Amendment.

But Dice goes far beyond simply asking for repeal, and frankly tells people that the petition calls for gun owners to be shoved into concentration camps, or even executed in genocides. He’s intentionally attempting to be as absurd as possible… and still, all in the name of “pubic safety,” these people are willing to put their names on a petition calling for genocide. Dice himself is stunned.

Gil223

College students are in college because they don't know sh*t, and have to learn how to think (or, in the case of liberal/most colleges, what to think). You could circulate a petition to have all their mother's fed to the bears at Yellowstone, and college kids would sign it. This is just one example of how stupid some/many "Americans" are - the "World's Dumbest _____" videos are another. Pax...

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
It's not really "chilling".

Numerous people have demonstrated that you can easily collect signatures on a petition to do just about anything (even contradictory things), and you don't even have to go to a college campus.

Off the top of my head, I can recall Penn & Teller collecting signatures to ban water, and another guy collecting signatures to increase the totalitarian police state.

Petitions are about as telling (and valuable) as the tracks on toilet paper.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Numerous people have demonstrated that you can easily collect signatures on a petition to do just about anything (even contradictory things), and you don't even have to go to a college campus.

Off the top of my head, I can recall Penn & Teller collecting signatures to ban water, and another guy collecting signatures to increase the totalitarian police state.

All petitions? :rolleyes:

stealthyeliminator

Ban water? So was the point that people just don't read/care what the petition says before signing it, or maybe that they sign it just to make you go away and stop asking them questions?

PistolPackingMomma

Ban water? So was the point that people just don't read/care what the petition says before signing it, or maybe that they sign it just to make you go away and stop asking them questions?

IIRC, they didn't use the word "water", but "Dihydrogen monoxide". They listed the side effects it can cause, like sweating, and people signed without pause.

OC for ME

IIRC, they didn't use the word "water", but "Dihydrogen monoxide". They listed the side effects it can cause, like sweating, and people signed without pause.
Especially considering that dihydrogen monoxide killed ~20,000 citizens from 2005 to 2009.

Of those who died from dihydrogen monoxide 80% were male.

One in five deaths from dihydrogen monoxide were kids 14 and under.

More than 50% of dihydrogen monoxide victims treated in emergency departments (EDs) require hospitalization or transfer for further care (compared with a hospitalization rate of about 6% for all unintentional injuries). These nonfatal dihydrogen monoxide injuries can cause severe brain damage that may result in long-term disabilities such as memory problems, learning disabilities, and permanent loss of basic functioning (e.g., permanent vegetative state).

http://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/water-safety/waterinjuries-factsheet.html

If this is what I'd heard about dihydrogen monoxide I'd want to ban it too. ;)

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

It wouldn't make a lick of difference if your intention was to use the results to fear-monger regarding the supposed willingness of college students to eliminate water-drinkers.

PistolPackingMomma

It wouldn't make a lick of difference if your intention was to use the results to fear-monger regarding the supposed willingness of college students to eliminate water-drinkers.

I agree. Simply noting a tactic used to exploit the gullible while playing lip service to their sense of intelligence and duty.

arentol

You know those emails you get from scammers that have horrible titles, horrible grammar, and horrible spelling all while purporting to be from a Nigerian Prince who should presumably know how to spell? The reason they are so badly written is to weed out smart people, leaving only the stupid to respond, thus ensuring a higher percentage of responders will actually be gullible enough to be tricked and lose lots of money.

Petitions work the same way. The vast majority of people willing to talk to a petition gatherer are gullible. If they weren't chances are they wouldn't stop to talk to one. So all that getting a petition like this signed proves is that stupid people are stupid.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

OC for ME

OK

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression. Ratified 12/15/1791.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran

A "petition" (noun) is not the only means of "petitioning (verb) government".

Although I might opine that the right to petition government is, in practice although not in theory, also worth so much toilet paper.

Edit: I love how skimlinks seems to have a real obsession with posts mentioning toilet paper. Go figure.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Petitions work the same way. The vast majority of people willing to talk to a petition gatherer are gullible. If they weren't chances are they wouldn't stop to talk to one. So all that getting a petition like this signed proves is that stupid people are stupid.

Exactly. We could be more charitable and say that those who actually answer petitions are just trying to get the guy to go away, but are too polite (or weak-willed?) to simply walk away.

But your point remains.

Freedom1Man

Exactly. We could be more charitable and say that those who actually answer petitions are just trying to get the guy to go away, but are too polite (or weak-willed?) to simply walk away.

But your point remains.

So, I should have titled this thread, "College Students Have no Backbone" or "College Students are too Week Willed to Think"?

PistolPackingMomma

There was a video I saw a few weeks back (can't remember who it was by) where a guy interviewed people on the street, asking if we should attack the Al Qaeda base on the moon.

IIRC, most said we should, some said they didn't know, others said they'd prefer not to answer. If the interviewer got a response that pressed for facts, it wasn't shown.

People tend not to scrutinize information if it is presented in an authoritative manner; the few who do, don't make good entertainment or assist the end goal, usually.

OC for ME

A "petition" (noun) is not the only means of "petitioning (verb) government".

Although I might opine that the right to petition government is, in practice although not in theory, also worth so much toilet paper.

Edit: I love how skimlinks seems to have a real obsession with posts mentioning toilet paper. Go figure.
Well, I would petition my government with a petition, like getting constitutional carry. But, you are correct.....the toilet paper thing anyway.