• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thug agent harassed Blogger for taking pictures, FIRED!

Fuller Malarkey

"Deputy Patrick Saulet, a 27-year veteran with a troubled disciplinary history, was terminated at the end of the business day Monday, according to Urquhart."

“Your ill-advised actions also play to some of the most basic fears among some citizens, which is that a police officer may indiscriminately exercise his or her power in violation of their rights, because in the event of a complaint, the officer will just deny the allegation and ‘circle the wagons’ with his or her fellow officers on the expectation they will take care of their own,”~ King County Sheriff John Urquhart

This cop was demoted from sergeant last year after Urquhart found he had harassed a family in a vehicle that had made a wrong turn into an area reserved for King County Metro Transit vehicles.

Overall, Urquhart wrote, Saulet had been the subject of about 120 allegations, with 21 sustained. Saulet had racked up more complaints on the force than any other King County deputy, according to a demotion letter previously obtained by The Stranger.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2022830519_deputyfiredxml.html

“You have been repeatedly told you need to improve your interaction with people, coached and counseled on methods for doing so, and warned of the potential consequences of further problems,” Urquhart wrote in the Jan. 30 letter.

Guess what? Officer Wonderful could be back behind a badge. He might be able to get his union to appeal through an arbitrator.

Looks like it aaaaall started here:

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/hostile-policing/Content?oid=17445843

Thugs:

seattlepolice1.jpg

Thug on left was fired, thug on right was the jokster that wanted to go harass the picture taker at work. By this photo, I think thug 2 watched too many spaghetti westerns. "Let's get it on".

Sheriff Fires Cop Who Threatened to Arrest Me for Taking His Photo

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/...-me-for-taking-his-photo/Content?oid=18824772

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

“Your ill-advised actions also play to some of the most basic fears among some citizens, which is that a police officer may indiscriminately exercise his or her power in violation of their rights, because in the event of a complaint, the officer will just deny the allegation and ‘circle the wagons’ with his or her fellow officers on the expectation they will take care of their own,”~ King County Sheriff John Urquhart

Above is the proper way for misconduct to be handled by supervisors.

Fuller Malarkey

nice post. did you happen to read my earlier post ?

No. Is this a repost you already covered? Sorry if that is the case. There's no shortage of incidents, and they don't look like they're slowing down on supplying material.

Gotta be hard working in a pro-fession that requires you to apologize every time the news gets reported.

onus

I think this dufus was baiting the police. now he is going to sue and be a parasite on the tax payers.

Fuller Malarkey

It really does sound like this Sheriff is doing what he can to straighten out his department. After this incident, I can only imagine the sabotage he'll be facing from those he's stuck working with. Blue flu, slow downs, excuses for not responding, I really don't know how one man or even a team can take on that much misconduct and clean out the culture of corruption. Like "Walking Tall", only the bad guys in badges are more dangerous than the bad guys on the street. I guess it'll be a sign things have got real bad when the citizens turn to MS13 for protection from the police.

onus

I am shocked that the officer was actually fired.

Every officer here in the LA area that illegal arrests photographers gets off with no punishment.

In Seattle all the cops did was be rude and throw some verbal threats out there.

WalkingWolf

I think this dufus was baiting the police. now he is going to sue and be a parasite on the tax payers.

Nothing was mentioned about him suing, or that he continual follows police to their homes, intimidate their family, or live off of settlement suits. He actually has a job as a reporter. It is possible he could be a leech, but that is not what is reported. The person that does do all of the above is not only a leech but a dangerous nutcase.

Fallschirjmäger

attachment.php

Officer Come-at-me-bro on the right. A thigh rig? Seriously?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
A thigh rig? Seriously?

Yeah, because, as a probationary intern reserve SWAT alternate, he might one day be called on for some really dangerous duty like making a Girl Scout cookie table observe the required six feet distance from the edge of the sidewalk. That's dangerous stuff, man! He has to be ready at all times! And, when he's not on such a call, he wants to look tacticool because, you know, being a tactical cop is a big part of his self-importance. <snicker>

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Nothing was mentioned about him suing, or that he continual follows police to their homes, intimidate their family, or live off of settlement suits. He actually has a job as a reporter. It is possible he could be a leech, but that is not what is reported. The person that does do all of the above is not only a leech but a dangerous nutcase.

No offense, WW. But, if No Such Agency can intercept every single one of my electronic communications, and local cops can watch my every move with drones and cameras, then people can follow government agents home.

Government agents are quick to counter-argue "no reasonable expectation of privacy in public". Tough luck if they don't like being hoisted on their own petard.

Last edited:

onus

I know this must be a difficult time for you to see one of Americas finest get schooled by a dufus with a video camera but you'll get over it...........never.

I am going to let you in on a secret piece of information about someone you have continuously called a "leech". That person made an offer to a city and police department that if a certain offending officer was fired for his illegal arrest that he wouldn't sue. The city turned down the offer.

So, who is the REAL leech ?

sudden valley gunner

Don't be to glad about King county firing one deputy.....

This is the county that beat up a 15 year old girl, put a guy in a coma etc....for every example they try to show to the public there are several more who did worse. I am willing to bet this deputy had political/social problems in the department and that may be the real reason behind his firing.