Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: My First Open Carry Pistol

  1. #1
    Regular Member TCP1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15

    My First Open Carry Pistol

    Picked up this gorgeous P226 earlier this week. Can't wait to take it to the range for the first time tomorrow! Now I just need to find a good holster.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Regular Member mobiushky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Alaska (ex-Colorado)
    Posts
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by TCP1984 View Post
    Picked up this gorgeous P226 earlier this week. Can't wait to take it to the range for the first time tomorrow! Now I just need to find a good holster.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nicely done. Have fun with it and shoot the crap out of it so you become proficient! LOL!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,201
    Well do the job nicely.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran Cavalryman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    308
    Cool! It should serve you well.

  5. #5
    Regular Member tomrkba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    128
    Does it shoot? I see no range report. Did it fail and have to go back to SIG for repair?

  6. #6
    Regular Member TCP1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by tomrkba View Post
    Does it shoot? I see no range report. Did it fail and have to go back to SIG for repair?
    Shoots like a dream! I put 350 rounds of Blazer brass and a magazine of Hornady +P Critical Duty through it without a hiccup. Let's just say it shoots better than I do!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Regular Member TCP1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15
    And I posted the 1st range report on 02/07 😉


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Marion County, Tennessee
    Posts
    214
    Quote Originally Posted by TCP1984 View Post
    Picked up this gorgeous P226 earlier this week. Can't wait to take it to the range for the first time tomorrow! Now I just need to find a good holster.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As far as a holster goes, there is one universal rule of carrying a gun: You will collect a box of holsters that you no longer like.

    The common names (Blackhawk, Safariland, DeSantis, Galco, and Uncle Mike's) will all have offerings for that gun.

    If you don't like theirs, you can turn to the custom market.

    If you don't like the custom market, you can do it yourself. It's very easy to do with the appropriate materials.
    I carry everywhere because crime doesn't make appointments.

  9. #9
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvertongue View Post
    As far as a holster goes, there is one universal rule of carrying a gun: You will collect a box of holsters that you no longer like.

    The common names (Blackhawk, Safariland, DeSantis, Galco, and Uncle Mike's) will all have offerings for that gun.

    If you don't like theirs, you can turn to the custom market.

    If you don't like the custom market, you can do it yourself. It's very easy to do with the appropriate materials.
    I make almost all my holsters, just finished a mid drop holster for my Glock 22 today. Been wearing it around the house and yard and so far it is one of the most comfortable holsters for a full size gun.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  10. #10
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Not another evil black gun.

  11. #11
    Regular Member TCP1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    15
    Went with the Galco Fletch and some new rosewood grips


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran Cavalryman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvertongue View Post
    As far as a holster goes, there is one universal rule of carrying a gun: You will collect a box of holsters that you no longer like..
    You got that right! The problem is that you have to carry it for weeks or months before you really know whether it suits you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •