• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wendy Davis - Candidate for TX Governor - Supports OC!!-

HPmatt

Yeah - now we've got someone we can all rally around!:banana:

Love the comments of the other Texas Dhims saying they're not in favor of this.

Could be a good oppty to pressure current Republican candidates to update their positions on PASSING OC in the Texas Legislature next year as part of a campaign promise.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

To be honest I've heard "I support OC" enough that it's basically become meaningless coming from a politician. Hmm. Surprise surprise, right? Well, for me it's probably going to be one of those I'll believe it when I see it sort of deals. However, I guess you could say that she's somewhat going out on a limb even to just say that she supports it. Then again, maybe not, like the article (below) suggests. I would not vote for her regardless.

WARNING - before reading this article (regarding Wendy's support of OC), please place padding on your forehead to help prevent injury as you repeatedly facepalm and/or smash your head into your keyboard.
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/02/wendy-davis-guns-open-carry-law-texas-103198.html

Last edited:

rushcreek2

Don't believe anything that proceeds from this woman's mouth.

She's just like Obama.....will say anything to get elected...and once elected look out !