Thread: Moving Rifles From NH to CT?

Moving Rifles From NH to CT?

I was wondering the legality of buying a few rifles in NH, where my grandfather lives, and bringing them back to CT. The CCW that we are using to pick them up from the shop is from CT.

I'm getting 3 Mosin Nagants.

Banned
    I don't see a problem ... as long as they are not the dreaded AW

We do not have a 'CCW' in Connecticut. We have a pistol permit.
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

This brings up an interesting question. I know of no law or regulation preventing an out-of-stater from buying a long gun in CT today, as long as they purchase from an FFL with all that entails.

After the Long Gun Permit becomes law, would an out-of-stater be able to purchase a long gun, with or without a CT long gun or carry permit like a CT resident?

Same question for ammo, where the law is already in effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinnedknuckles View Post
    This brings up an interesting question. I know of no law or regulation preventing an out-of-stater from buying a long gun in CT today, as long as they purchase from an FFL with all that entails.

After the Long Gun Permit becomes law, would an out-of-stater be able to purchase a long gun, with or without a CT long gun or carry permit like a CT resident?

Same question for ammo, where the law is already in effect.
    The answer is an out of state resident cannot purchase in CT without a CT license, they will need a CT Ammo Permit or better to purchase ammo and a CT Long Gun Certificate or better to buy a rifle or shotgun in CT.
    Member:, NRA Patron Life, NSSF, CCDL, CT Carry, MRPC and Bell City
    NRA Certified Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer - Basic Pistol, Home Firearm Safety, Metallic Cartridge/Shotgun Shell Reloading - www.ctpistolpermit.com