• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving Rifles From NH to CT?

INiiCIK

I was wondering the legality of buying a few rifles in NH, where my grandfather lives, and bringing them back to CT. The CCW that we are using to pick them up from the shop is from CT.

I'm getting 3 Mosin Nagants.

Skinnedknuckles

This brings up an interesting question. I know of no law or regulation preventing an out-of-stater from buying a long gun in CT today, as long as they purchase from an FFL with all that entails.

After the Long Gun Permit becomes law, would an out-of-stater be able to purchase a long gun, with or without a CT long gun or carry permit like a CT resident?

Same question for ammo, where the law is already in effect.

brk913

This brings up an interesting question. I know of no law or regulation preventing an out-of-stater from buying a long gun in CT today, as long as they purchase from an FFL with all that entails.

After the Long Gun Permit becomes law, would an out-of-stater be able to purchase a long gun, with or without a CT long gun or carry permit like a CT resident?

Same question for ammo, where the law is already in effect.

The answer is an out of state resident cannot purchase in CT without a CT license, they will need a CT Ammo Permit or better to purchase ammo and a CT Long Gun Certificate or better to buy a rifle or shotgun in CT.