• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What A Mess -- Thanks Maryland and Thanks MSP

Vanns40

After 43 years in VA and a divorce I moved back to the Eastern Shore where my family is to retire and spend the remainder of my life. I've been a firearms instructor for almost 50 years so I decided that I'd go ahead and get approved by MSP to teach the new Maryland course. First, MSP never notified me that I had been approved. I found out quite by accident, on Christmas eve when I was looking around the MSP website and saw my name on the approved list. Then I waited for them to tell me how this all worked and what I had to do after I taught students -- nada, zilch, zip, nothing. Yesterday I receive an email from MSP stating that some instructors have not been living up to THEIR end of the bargain! HAH!

Now to the really good part. The closest range is almost 80 miles, round-trip, from where I live! So even if I get everything else straightened out, which I can do, does it make sense to teach one or two students and go to a range that far away? No. As has been stated by many the entire purpose of the law is to make it as difficult as possible for people to purchase handguns and, in that, they have certainly succeeded.

Mr Birdman

Maryland

After 43 years in VA and a divorce I moved back to the Eastern Shore where my family is to retire and spend the remainder of my life. I've been a firearms instructor for almost 50 years so I decided that I'd go ahead and get approved by MSP to teach the new Maryland course. First, MSP never notified me that I had been approved. I found out quite by accident, on Christmas eve when I was looking around the MSP website and saw my name on the approved list. Then I waited for them to tell me how this all worked and what I had to do after I taught students -- nada, zilch, zip, nothing. Yesterday I receive an email from MSP stating that some instructors have not been living up to THEIR end of the bargain! HAH!

Now to the really good part. The closest range is almost 80 miles, round-trip, from where I live! So even if I get everything else straightened out, which I can do, does it make sense to teach one or two students and go to a range that far away? No. As has been stated by many the entire purpose of the law is to make it as difficult as possible for people to purchase handguns and, in that, they have certainly succeeded.

After living in freedom most of your life why would you move back to the land of the fee and home of the tax? Maryland the armpit of america

Vanns40

After living in freedom most of your life why would you move back to the land of the fee and home of the tax? Maryland the armpit of america

A very good question. The answer is simple, after a very nasty divorce the only family I have in the world is down here. At my age being near them means a lot. Before I left VA I bought every gun I ever wanted.

Mr Birdman

guns you bought

A very good question. The answer is simple, after a very nasty divorce the only family I have in the world is down here. At my age being near them means a lot. Before I left VA I bought every gun I ever wanted.

You should delete that last quote in case O'Malley see's it. He might think you are some kind of nut job. Only nut jobs have every gun they want.
What is that sound? Some one at your door?

Vanns40

You should delete that last quote in case O'Malley see's it. He might think you are some kind of nut job. Only nut jobs have every gun they want.
What is that sound? Some one at your door?

Please come in Gov., they're only plastic guns, oops, I meant 3-D, no no, I really meant.......

ron73440

Nobody has all the guns they have ever wanted.