• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nevada Gun Violence Prevention Strategy Roundtable

At Ease

This is new to me so forgive me if this is "so last week" but we have an anti-gun group here in Reno Nevada, they coordinate meetings through Facebook and aim to promote stricter gun laws this coming Legislative session. Thier next meeting is tommorow, Feb 7th at 5:30 however they have yet to release the location unless you RSVP for the event. This confirms my belief that we need a more organized body of gun owners in Nevada to combat this. Like many other gun owners, I don't like drawing attention to myself, much less painting a target on my back but in order to keep our rights, we're gonna have to get out there and speak up. If any Nevadan, no matter where you live wants to be a part of protecting our rights , let me know.

Last edited:

jfrey123

Sign me up. I've tried similar things in the past, and I find a lot of Northern Nevadans are either too busy or don't care enough to meet and talk about it. I fall in the busy crowd working 7-5ish M-F, so I never get a chance to attend half the council or legislative meetings. I do my part to write the reps though.

jfrey123

At least this year is semi-worry free. Nevada Legislature doesn't meet again until 2015, meaning we don't have to actively fight and campaign through this year, just gotta keep an eye on what the enemies are doing.

That whole RSVP issue from ProgressNOW's ******** group makes me laugh. They want an "open discussion" in a "round table" setting, but they want to control who's there. No chance they'd ever let a law abiding gun owner attend and share in the discussion. I agree mental health is a problem, and I'll work with you to fix it. Just don't try and fix it in a way that makes every law abiding gun owner a criminal.

At Ease

Meeting

Thanks. I sent you a messege with my contact info. If anyone else would like to meet, please messege me directly. Thanks!

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
I was busy this Friday, but I'd like to be kept in the loop and if I have time I will meet for similar things in the future. (Although between two part time jobs, taking classes at the university, and a home business I don't always have a lot of time!)

Bulleteater

At least this year is semi-worry free. Nevada Legislature doesn't meet again until 2015, meaning we don't have to actively fight and campaign through this year...

There is no legislative session this year, but that does not stop the antis from laying the ground work for next year. Keep in mind that these liberal "roundtable/summit" events have an entire process, with an ultimate endgame, and it goes kinda like this:

1. the antis sit at their "roundtable" (like the one in Reno) and they brainstorm ideas

2. those ideas gestate and eventually morph into legislative *proposals*

3. those proposals are taken to Carson City, placed on the desk of sympathetic (read liberal) state politicians

4. a team of lawyers revise and refine the proposals which are presented as senate or assembly bills

5. these bills go to the floor for vote, with the hope of becoming *laws*

I strongly believe that any so-called "open discussion" about gun violence requires the presence of lawful gun-owners. Unfortunately, those who run the "progressive think tanks" disagree, which is why they hold their cards so close to their chest. They keep these events limited to a small incestuous inner circle of liberal thinkers; dissenting opinion is not welcomed. This is where they get together and *strategize* for policy changes, and there is no room for us - their enemies.

Last edited: