Thread: Cased pistol with loaded mags in case?

Cased pistol with loaded mags in case?

My friend has a TN HCP and often carries a pelican case with a pistol or two and half a dozen loaded mags in it. Does anyone know if this is legal in AR and can support with the state statute?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    My friend has a TN HCP and often carries a pelican case with a pistol or two and half a dozen loaded mags in it. Does anyone know if this is legal in AR and can support with the state statute?
    Effective August 16, 2013, the State of Arkansas acknowledges all concealed handgun carry licenses lawfully issued by another state.
    http://asp.arkansas.gov/services-and...dgun-licensing

Laws/statutes generally tell you what is not legal, not what is legal. I know of no law that restricts carrying extra magazines or carrying iloaded n a "briefcase" other than that requiring a concealed permit/license.
    https://static.ark.org/eeuploads/asp...e_08012011.pdf
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

We are going through some growing pains here in Arkansas so you may run into an officer that doesn't know law.
    Don't confuse me with the facts, I have my emotions!

I guess that's the difference between no crime and "stopping" a crime in progress. I prefer no crime.

Yeah, it's an AR pistol too. His girlfriend's dad is a cop and flipped when he saw pics of her shooting it. He thought it was a scary illegal machine gun or something because it just looks so scary so it must be illegal right? Anyway, he wants to build one now! go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopis View Post
    Yeah, it's an AR pistol too. His girlfriend's dad is a cop and flipped when he saw pics of her shooting it. He thought it was a scary illegal machine gun or something because it just looks so scary so it must be illegal right? Anyway, he wants to build one now! go figure.
    Not hard to figure that one out. Cops are the only ones whom are trusted with the 'scary looking' guns . . . .