Thread: 2 Classes of people

2 Classes of people

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...032301117.html

From the start, Fairfax police declared that the killing of Salvatore J. Culosi Jr., 37, was an accident and that the SWAT officer who fired had done so unintentionally. Fairfax Commonwealth's Attorney Robert F. Horan Jr. said that when a person fires a gun without malice and unintentionally kills someone, "they do not commit a crime."
    That quote is unbelievable. I doubt that you or I would get that kind of special treatment if an 'accident' occurred and we killed someone. Sounds like manslaughter me.

Last edited by Defrock; 02-07-2014 at 03:28 PM.

Banned
    At least manslaughter ....

Quote Originally Posted by Defrock View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/23/AR2006032301117.html

That quote is unbelievable. I doubt that you or I would get that kind of special treatment if an 'accident' occurred and we killed someone. Sounds like manslaughter me.

Link doesn't work. says
    We are unable to locate the page you requested.
    The page may have moved or may no longer be available
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Unhappy That is the second Fairfax swat member to have accidently kill someone recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Defrock View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/23/AR2006032301117.html

The last was the dentist shot on his front porch, he had no weapon and was want for making book. The county payed out to settle that one. He was not charged either.

Fixed my original link. It referenced a 2006 shooting. This seems to be an ongoing problem in Fairfax. This is the most recent shooting of an unarmed man.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-case/?hpid=z3

No fatal shooting by a Fairfax officer has ever been found unjustifiable by a Fairfax prosecutor in the departmentís 74-year history.
    I, for one, am not surprised . . . .
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Look a HB810

Here's HB810, as amended:
    A1. Any person who handles any firearm in a manner so gross, wanton, and culpable as to show a reckless disregard for human life and causes the serious bodily injury of another person resulting in permanent and significant physical impairment is guilty of a Class 6 felony.
    "Any person" has to include LEO's, on and off duty.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    The only situation that I can think of in Virginia where if you're firing a gun and an innocent bystander gets hit and you won't be held criminally liable is when in defense of yourself or another innocent party. The assailant(s) will be charged with the injury or death of the innocent bystander.
    Last edited by SouthernBoy; 02-09-2014 at 11:31 PM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    The only situation that I can think of in Virginia where if you're firing a gun and an innocent bystander gets hit and you won't be held criminally liable is when in defense of yourself or another innocent party. The assailant(s) will be charged with the injury or death of the innocent bystander.
    Cite?

Roscoe
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by roscoe13 View Post
    Cite?

Roscoe
    English Common Law. We have no law on the books that cover this... and we don't want one. Laws are subject to the whims of the legislature du jour and if a law has an exception [like an exception for self defense] then it can be changed by a vote... not good.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by roscoe13 View Post
    Cite?

Roscoe
    Dan Hawes in his seminars on Virginia law and the Use of Deadly Force.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!