• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock 22 police trade ins found cheap!

WalkingWolf

I was calling looking for a revolver, Charter arms 38 6 round. When I had a discussion with the salesperson and she mentioned that they had a good supply Glock 22s for 300 dollars, 15 dollars shipping. Now I am not interested in a Glock but I know many of you are. The company is Centerfire Systems, http://centerfiresystems.com/.

WalkingWolf

Couldn't resist, so I broke down and bought one, Glock 22. Just could not pass up that price, hopefully being used Glocks hold up as good as claimed.

solus

WW my experience, especially with glocks used by LE departments is the dept. exchanges their olde firearms for new ones. Glock then runs them through a refurbish process, kinda like the 100 point certification process with high end vehicles, and turns them at significant wholesale discount to dealers throughout the country for resale.

but that is a good price and my understanding is glock's warranty is for life of the firearm...

good catch and thanks for sharing as i would partake but am waiting to see if i can get the new rem p51.

ipse

Firearms Iinstuctor

WW coming over to the Glock side are we.

You well find that your used Glock 22 well go many more thousands of rounds. Most police side arms are carried a lot and shot a little.

Enjoy it.

WalkingWolf

The only problem I have with the gun is I have no dies and molds for 40 S&W. But then Glock says not to use cast with their guns. Wally World has 40 for 19 bucks but it is FMJ which will be fine to test the gun out. I will just have to watch their shelves for some JHP.

Primus

The only problem I have with the gun is I have no dies and molds for 40 S&W. But then Glock says not to use cast with their guns. Wally World has 40 for 19 bucks but it is FMJ which will be fine to test the gun out. I will just have to watch their shelves for some JHP.

I've seen guys run the blue bullets at comps. From my understanding its a cast bullets but some kind of blue coating that allows it to run through the hexagonal rifling without issues.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

JoeSparky

Centurion
I understand the problem with cast in factory Glock barrels is the type of rifling that glock uses. With an aftermarket barrel not using polygonal rifling this will not be an issue.

FreeInAZ

Just a quick note. these are GEN 2 guns. That makes them 20 + years old. In 40 cal those are the ones that had the issue with the barrel/breach block not supporting the head of the case enough. Could be a issue down the road (unless glock replaced the barrels [doubtful]) running hot defense rounds...maybe? If these were Gen 3 I'd buy one for sure. :D

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Just a quick note. these are GEN 2 guns. That makes them 20 + years old. In 40 cal those are the ones that had the issue with the barrel/breach block not supporting the head of the case enough. Could be a issue down the road (unless glock replaced the barrels [doubtful]) running hot defense rounds...maybe? If these were Gen 3 I'd buy one for sure. :D

I am not positive but these trade ins are after the Glock recall, they should have the supported barrel. The older ones do not, and 22's have been around for a long time as trade ins. If it is unsupported I will eventually get a lone wolf barrel. Plus if it does kaboom I understand that Glock after the bad publicity has been making it good with a new frame and barrel, or other parts needed to return the gun to service.

Glock also was doing a frame upgrade for some time, not sure if they still are. But I imagine they would replace a barrel that had not been replaced in the recall.