Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Another search warrant....what would you do?

  1. #1
    Regular Member Logan 5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    690

    Another search warrant....what would you do?

    Ok, for the primal illiterate morons that can't shut up about how much of this unearned hatred they have for cops...ANOTHER search warrant. What would you do?

    It's Monday morning. It's mid June. 07:30 hrs. You're finishing up breakfast, all dressed for work. Your kids (same as before) are ready for school, finishing up their breakfast as well. Your wife, nearly naked except for her robe, is cleaning up the kitchen. There is a knock at the door. Your daughter answers it as you read the paper. It's A cop.

    And behind him is a dozen cops with automatic weapons, serious body armor and a dog.

    He is polite- "Hello young lady. Is your father home? If he is may I please speak to him?" Your daughter, scared, summons you.

    You come to the door and see what's there. Cop says "Sir, I'm Officer Quagmire. We have a no knock search warrant to enter your home, for suspicion of narcotics and unregistered automatic weapons. We did our intel before hand, and while the warrant is a no-knock, something leads me to believe that you would be willing to cooperate in this search. So please step aside so we may search."

    To be continued (after you guys get done spouting off your nonsense)....

    Feed back from LEOs is welcome ion how they would address this situation from both sides.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

    Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

    I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

  2. #2
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,268
    Fantasy.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,147
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Fantasy.
    Like Logan's Run and its Sandman.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    I'd call the OP to take of the issue.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Logan 5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    690
    Instead of your insulting quips, answer the scenario or not. It's not asking you IF you think it's real. It's asking that under those circumstances what would you do.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

    Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

    I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    Instead of your insulting quips, answer the scenario or not. It's not asking you IF you think it's real. It's asking that under those circumstances what would you do.
    This topic is done, toast, already fully vetted ... move onto another subject.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Depends. If I knew I had things I wasn't supposed to id let them in call a lawyer sit where they told me to and not say another word other then to tell my wife and kid JTS going to be ok.

    If I didn't have anything and k we it was a mistake, I'd still call my lawyer and would adamantly tell them its a mistake and help them to see that.

    On the flip side if I was executing said warrant it would be secure the male with cuffs, them escort wife and child away if possible. The next step would be to grab a toy and have someone entertain said child with hopes of keeping kid calm.

    Last month was on a warrant and there was an extremely young child in a back room. The very same room that a large bag of crack was found. Once it was secured I sat in the room and let him watch TV until a female relative arrived to secure him. We also happen to have a female animal control officer with us because there was a large dog present. After the dog was secured ( in a cage not a body bag.... omg) she assisted with keeping children calm.

    Not all guys operate that way. I personally care about perception from children a lot. I also find that if you treat a kid good sometimes the parent calms down. Other times the adults are just stupid and act it anyways. Most importantly your actions have a huge impact on peoples lives. So if you s*** on that kid your potentially turning him into someone who hates police forever. We have enough if those don't need anymore.

    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,147
    The Road to Hell is paved with what-ifs, hypotheticals.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  9. #9
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    The choice is cooperate or die, right?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    Cop says he has a warrant. I get a copy no matter what, so he has a warrant and since I opened the door, he gets to search. Technically since it's a no-knock, he's being extremely courteous, as he doesn't have to knock, he can come in. I can't argue, effectively, the warrant until it goes to court later. So he comes in, cuffs everyone, searches, for me he finds nothing, he leaves, life goes on.

    For McBeth, cop finds his animal porn mags, finds a strange resemblance between a few of the stars in the animal porn, has CPS take his wife & kids in for DNA testing. DNA tests show that McBeth's wife is really his oldest daughter, and their children are their children, kinda, they resemble the stars of the animal porn for a reason.

    Oh, I forgot. Mc.Beth and his missus ARE stars in the porn mags. can't account for his wife and him, is she his wife or daughter? And the kids, are they her children or her brothers and sisters?

    The real fun part comes in when they find his great great grandma 12 times removed that was recently deported from Camaroon in their attic shooting the pics for the animal porn with a BO inflatible doll.

    We certainly have interesting times ahead....


    The smack about McBeth is said, of course, in sarcastic humor.
    Unless it really is true, then I have nothing to say as I refuse to identify my source (eye95 & Grapeshot) to McBeth)....

    Now with humor aside, seriously- in such an event as the scenario presents, what would you do? Do not try to formulate if it's real or not. That is not the question.
    I cannot respond due to pending litigation and the advice of consul.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Primus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,216
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    The choice is cooperate or die, right?
    No.

    You can choose not to cooperate. You can physical resist. You can lie you can yell and swear and do anything you can to not cooperate and you will not be killed.

    If you choose to attack, injure, or threaten to injure in a potentially lethal way then you may be killed.

    So no noncompliance does not equal death. I'm certain you can find an example of something that seems that way. I'm certain there's plenty if news articles and videos on police watch or police state that show an unarmed guy getting killed for "non compliance" but that is not remotely the rule. No more then the rule is if you have a gun on your person you will kill people.



    Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

  12. #12
    Regular Member Maverick9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mid-atlantic
    Posts
    1,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    --Edited/deleted by Mod--
    Hey better than what you do for fun. Yes, your perversion makes this pale by comparison. But we won't out you on the forum.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 02-09-2014 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Quote beneath the standards of OCDO

  13. #13
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    The choice is cooperate or die, right?
    According to Primus, no.

    But by actions demonstrated, yes or go to jail and/or get cuffed in your own home.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  14. #14
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    According to Primus, no.

    But by actions demonstrated, yes or go to jail and/or get cuffed in your own home.
    Yes, complying by letting them search your house or die seems to be the scenario presented.

    I highly recommend not physically resisting and not complying yet I understand all to well that in the scenario presented if I blocked access or resisted I would end up dead.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran ATM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    365
    I was anticipating some tricky or tough decisions in the scenario but none seem to exist.

    If the search warrant is properly executed, they conduct the search without my consent then I speak with a lawyer before making any decisions or responding to any questions.

    What is the point of soliciting such a mundane response to such straightforward circumstances?

  16. #16
    Regular Member Logan 5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    690
    Well, where are all these brave people that talk about they'll do this and they'll do that. Blah blah blah. All flap. Presented with a scenario, they wussy up.
    Logically speaking, if an unidentified person is trespassing, do what you must to protect yourself and your family. If they ID themselves as cops, you can fight them and find out what happens, or cooperate. Sadly, you're in a fix if they find what they;'re looking for. Cops invade your home looking for drugs. You have none! You're gonna die fighting! Yee haw! >Bang bang!< You drop a cop! You're a hero now! Yeeeee HAW! Opps. Bad news hero-boi. Your ever so intelligent 15 year old daughter that thinks she knows everything in God's universe has a couple joints in her purse. Why, bless her little heart. Cops find it, NOW you're busted hard. You get nail for murdering a cop. You might get lucky and get death row. Or you might get 20-life.

    OTOH, if all of this goes down, you drop a cop, and it turns out there are no drugs...is it still worth it? Yeah, you're gonna walk. But is it worth the gamble? Because while you may walk if you're right, you ain't gonna walk & you'll loose everything if you're wrong.

    If the trespasser is not a cop, different story. Your home is your castle.
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

    Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

    I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran ATM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    365
    ^What is all that nonsense?

    In your described scenario, they are uniformed police and they have a search warrant.

    Nobody is going to walk after they shoot a uniformed officer with a search warrant regardless of whether they later find what they came to search for or not.

    Are you trying to switch the scenario now to defending against an unlawful entry by unknown persons? Start a different thread for that and you might get different answers.

    This one was a simple no-brainer.

  18. #18
    Regular Member Logan 5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by ATM View Post
    ^What is all that nonsense?

    In your described scenario, they are uniformed police and they have a search warrant.

    This one was a simple no-brainer.
    Precisely. But too many whiners are flapping their lips about the validity of the scenario. Answered as written, it's real simple.
    Truly it is a test. To see who really pays attention to what's said. If they had, they'd answer it with ease. Look at the posters. How many did that? A couple, maybe?
    Lifetime member, Gun Owners of America (http://gunowners.org/)
    Lifetime member, Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership (http://jpfo.org/)
    Member, Fraternal Order of Eagles since 8/02 (http://www.foe.com/)

    Registering gun owners to prevent crime, is like registering Jews to prevent a HOLOCAUST.

    I am not a lawyer in real life, or in play life. So anything I say is for debate and discussion only.

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran ATM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    365
    I must have missed some spillover from another thread. This one would need further framing of context for me to make sense of it.

  20. #20
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    --Edited/deleted by Mod--
    First of all - what the hell are you talking about? Whether or not you're charged with murdering the cop will very likely never depend on whether or not they find what they came to look for. In the other case that was recently discussed here, the decision to not charge the home-defender likely hinged entirely on the fact that the home-defender did not identify the intruders as police officers. The police, in fact, did find items on the search warrant (illegal drugs). I don't know of anyone on this forum that has advocated for or said that they'd perform any actions that you've described above. What you've described above is, probably, murder, plain and simple. Please quote any post which has advocated for identifying a police officer attempting to serve a warrant and killing them. YOU WILL NOT FIND IT. Not to mention the fact that if anyone actually was stupid enough to post such crap here it would likely be mass-reported by the very people who you are criticizing and swiftly deleted by the resident moderator (as it should be). Advocating violence against police officers is not tolerated here (as it shouldn't be). Stop bitching as if that's what people are doing, it is not.

    Secondly, I don't really get the point of this thread... To see if people will respond without fully reading the OP? I think you're just 'fed up' with people's position and instead of putting up a rational counter to their position you're trying to strategically craft threads to try and trip them up to try to make them look stupid.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 02-09-2014 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Quote beneath the standards of OCDO
    Advocate freedom please

  21. #21
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    Precisely. But too many whiners are flapping their lips about the validity of the scenario. Answered as written, it's real simple.
    Truly it is a test. To see who really pays attention to what's said. If they had, they'd answer it with ease. Look at the posters. How many did that? A couple, maybe?
    They didn't answer the question because they know you're trying to play games with them... It is precisely the reason I did not respond to the OP. I'll admit - you almost got me. When I read the OP more carefully, though, I quickly realized that you were playing games instead of trying to have an honest discussion.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 02-09-2014 at 02:05 AM.
    Advocate freedom please

  22. #22
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    They didn't answer the question because they know you're trying to play games with them...
    Ding, Ding, Ding.... we have a winner here.

    To stelthyeliminator

    To the OP
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  23. #23
    Regular Member Fuller Malarkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Cadre
    Posts
    1,077
    I suspect there is some PWI going on in this thread.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

    From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

    "People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

  24. #24
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan 5 View Post
    SNIP Ok, for the primal illiterate morons that can't shut up about how much of this unearned hatred they have for cops...ANOTHER search warrant. What would you do?
    Well, most likely I would fall down suffocating with laughter over the obvious contradiction that he showed up with a SWAT team because of tremendous danger, but is basically saying danger doesn't exist because of the family situation.

    Then, assuming I survived laughing that hard, I would quickly run to a gun forum and post a report of it for the primal illiterate morons that can't shut up about how much unearned fawning admiration they have for police.
    Last edited by Citizen; 02-09-2014 at 06:18 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  25. #25
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Well, most likely I would fall down suffocating with laughter over the obvious contradiction that he showed up with a SWAT team because of tremendous danger, but is basically saying danger doesn't exist because of the family situation.

    Then, assuming I survived laughing that hard, I would quickly run to a gun forum and post a report of it for the primal illiterate morons that can't shut up about how much unearned fawning admiration they have for police.
    Hahahaha!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •