• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hey COKE....

ATM

Campaign Veteran
While that was indeed moving and beautiful...

You do realize that the song played in the Coke ad was 'America the Beautiful', which is NOT our National Anthem.

The video you linked is, however, our National Anthem.

^This. ;)

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I see no problem with America the Beautiful in multiple languages. The song is about how beautiful America is, both as a land and an ideal, and harkens to that beauty as seen by those immigrating here, even mentioning pilgrims in the second verse.

But I knew instantly when I saw the commercial that Coke would be lambasted for it, mostly out of ignorance.

Oh yeah, and, uh, it is NOT the National Anthem.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I see no problem with America the Beautiful in multiple languages. The song is about how beautiful America is, both as a land and an ideal, and harkens to that beauty as seen by those immigrating here, even mentioning pilgrims in the second verse.

But I knew instantly when I saw the commercial that Coke would be lambasted for it, mostly out of ignorance.

Oh yeah, and, uh, it is NOT the National Anthem.

+1

Personally I don't do jingoism.

I enjoyed the commercial thought it was lovely.

Logan 5

America was built by many people of many races. Those that have a problem recognizing that can always feel free to go back to their original country.
I think the young ladies have beautiful voices.