• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CA DOJ Gun Confiscation Team Gets It Wrong

bhdpal

CA DOJ Gun Confiscation Team Gets It Wrong
Calguns Foundation Press Release February 8, 2014

"The California Department of Justice has a police squad dedicated to confiscating firearms from prohibited persons through the Armed Prohibited Persons System (APPS). They work from a government database. See the problem? “[Michael] Merritt said that was the night of Nov. 5. Several agents arrived at his door and started asking questions about which guns he owned. ‘I thought, he’s here to get my guns for some reason,’ Merritt described. ‘He says, ‘You have a felony here from 1970.’ I said, ‘A felony? A pot possession charge from 1970.’” Let’s talk about “gun bullies” shall we? ”‘We told them to leave the house and go get a warrant, and they said that’s fine,’ wife Karla Merritt said. ‘But, when we get the warrant and we come back, you’re going to jail,’ agents reportedly told the couple."

Watch the "Merrits" tell their story in their own words see link:
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/02/robert-farago/ca-doj-gun-confiscation-team-get-wrong/

davidmcbeth

Banned
Well, its nice for them to give them a "heads up" so they can move their guns...

Why did they even talk to them.

Doors can be opened or closed and kept closed.