• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Olympia Visit!

AlexMayhem

Gents!

I'm still carrying large and proud (Kimber TLE/RL II in and BlackHawk Dropleg with a mag pouch and rail for my SureFire X200), but I've been absent here for a while. Life. Family. Politics. Work. Excuses.
Next week I'm heading to Olympia to represent my union, and it's my first trip to our capitol. Super duper excited to stay in state because I know I can carry, but I've heard lots from folks about carrying both open and concealed in our capitol.
I remember the year before Obama's first election, unions were calling me left and right to make sure I was voting for him ('Sir, who is Ron Paul and why are you voting for him instead of Obama?'). Thing is, I wear many hats and carry a few titles in life - some trump others such as our Constitutional (Federal and State) Rights.) I have no regard for being PC, but I do represent a bunch of folks who are a part of a union which is predominantly democrat, so my trip will be a bother in that regard. I'll push when and where I can, but what I'm here for in this post is your experiences at the Capitol Building in Olympia. I want to carry my girl with me, and I want to have the legal justification for such pronounced in my mind and on my phone to quote before I go for it. I've been in cuffs while in ignorance in my home town - I don't want to go out for union business and get my butt handled by LEO away from home.
Would anyone with prior experience please show me where and how I am allowed to carry at the capitol, how to handle folks there that discourage it, or PM me if things go south and I need media and bail?

X-
The Cossack

Geerolla

I think you're good

http://www.columbian.com/news/2013/feb/10/capitol-friendly-to-gun-rights/

Gun_Rally.JPEG-0b1bd.jpg

Sent from my UAV using the Disposition Matrix

Last edited:

tombrewster421

be7e6adu.jpg

Yeah, I'd say you're good to go. Due to the nature of your business there though I'd probably CC. If I were there representing only myself it would definitely be OC but as a representative for others I would not want to detract from the true purpose of the visit.

Speaking of unions, the company I work for just went union so now I'm a part of the carpenters union, somewhere I certainly never thought I'd be. So far it's a good move because I got a raise out of it plus retirement and medical benefits for the family. I hope it will work well in the long run. At least I've heard that the carpenters union is bit quite so liberal as some others.

BTW guess how many guns I'm carrying in this picture.

Last edited:

deanf

where and how I am allowed to carry at the capitol,

You mean something written down?

There isn't anything.

That which is not specifically prohibited is allowed. That's the British Common Law system that we live under.

tombrewster421

3? Rifle, sidearm & BUG

Sent from my UAV using the Disposition Matrix

Rifle, Glock on right hip, vest pocket revolver in right vest pocket, and Taurus .380 on left ankle. That makes 4. The 2 30 round mags for the rifle are in the inside jacket pockets.