Thread: Openly visible holsters bring out the anti gun loons

Openly visible holsters bring out the anti gun loons

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...sual-suspects/

Anti Gun madness hits the Olympics over visible holsters as part of costumes of skaters doing a James Bond figure skating theme.

"Apparently some folks are in a snit because Shnapir was wearing a gun holster for the couple’s performance at the Sochi Games on Saturday.

Their theme music was from the the James Bond flick “Skyfall,” which likely had something to do with his choice of attire"

See link at top of post.

Will the madness never end??

Why does he need a gun holster? Nothing is going to happen. All he's doing is promoting violence on a world level. Think of the children!!!!
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Hmm.. Didn't hear the Antis screaming about the Anti-Ballistic Missles in the Opening Ceremony, did you? But then, that was the Russians doing that! But wait... that skater is Russian born (Moscow) even though he is now an American! How can they complain about that!

Did you see the pictures of his dad and his Uncle Sam hat!

What about all the screaming and running people when they see those guys skiing and shooting rifles! Hey, that must mean Open Carry (LGOC) is allowed in Russia, right?!

MI_XD

While watching him perform with my wife, I had to point out that at the end of his routine he pretended to draw from his waist instead of his shoulder rig.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

Some random person, "I will not give up safety because of a few misplaced concerns of the uneducated." end quote...

Well good for him...maybe he is a imaginary OCer at heart.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by freeinaz View Post
    well good for him...maybe he is a imaginary ocer at heart.
    lol.......
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
    - Richard Henry Lee
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    - Samuel Adams

Some random person, "I will not give up safety because of a few misplaced concerns of the uneducated." end quote...

Quote Originally Posted by OneForAll View Post
    While watching him perform with my wife, I had to point out that at the end of his routine...snip.
    i shall behave grape, it is hard not to comment, but i shall behave, honestly...i promise...

sorry oneforall, but....

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 02-09-2014 at 04:15 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    i shall behave grape, it is hard not to comment, but i shall behave, honestly...i promise...

sorry oneforall, but....

ipse
    I'll bite, what's your issue with me and my wife watching the Olympics and me noticing something of relevance to this thread? Better yet, what is your issue with men watching figure skating? Are you afraid of your own insecurity? Or are you that immature on an adult forum? There was no need for your post, just trying to ruffle ones feathers. Take the childish behavior somewhere else......
    - Richard Henry Lee
    - Samuel Adams

I'll bite, what's your issue with me and my wife watching the Olympics and me noticing something of relevance to this thread? Better yet, what is your issue with men watching figure skating? Are you afraid of your own insecurity? Or are you that immature on an adult forum? There was no need for your post, just trying to ruffle ones feathers. Take the childish behavior somewhere else......
    he was gonna make a sex pun.
    Last edited by DrakeZ07; 02-09-2014 at 04:42 PM.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

While watching him perform with my wife, I had to point out that at the end of his routine he pretended to draw from his waist instead of his shoulder rig.
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Well good for him...maybe he is a imaginary OCer at heart.
    Lol. Maybe he was just giving US (OCers) a shout out? Might be wishful thinking, but it would be nice.

@OneForAll: I agree with DrakeZ07 about where solus was going with his remark.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

If that were true, why apologize? This is an adult forum, there is no need to take a post to the gutter.
    - Richard Henry Lee
    - Samuel Adams

If that were true, why apologize? This is an adult forum, there is no need to take a post to the gutter.
    It is?
    My reasons to OC
    1. to raise awareness of the legality of open carry in Michigan
    2. To raise awareness that good people carry guns
    3. A deterrent to people so that I won't be targeted
    4. Because it's more comfortable than CC in most situations
    5. Because I can and want to
    6. Because it's perfectly legal
    7. Self defense

This forum -may- have mostly adults in it, but there are rules. Trust me. I made a sexual innuendo and got punished xD,
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

I think it was your original post as quoted here.

"While watching him perform with my wife,"

the wording could be taken a few ways.... I thinks that is what all the chuckling is about.

Quote Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
    I think it was your original post as quoted here.

"While watching him perform with my wife,"

the wording could be taken a few ways.... I thinks that is what all the chuckling is about.
    Chuckled when I saw it, too, but I never claimed to an adult, just old....
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MI_XD View Post
    Hmm.. Didn't hear the Antis screaming about the Anti-Ballistic Missles in the Opening Ceremony, did you? But then, that was the Russians doing that! But wait... that skater is Russian born (Moscow) even though he is now an American! How can they complain about that!

Did you see the pictures of his dad and his Uncle Sam hat!

What about all the screaming and running people when they see those guys skiing and shooting rifles! Hey, that must mean Open Carry (LGOC) is allowed in Russia, right?!

MI_XD
    Instead of a drive-by it is a ski-by shooting...

It is funny how we make simple error and people see it as funny, and I admit it can be sometimes just like the menu at the Olympics. See attached picture provided to me by someone.

Last word is a funny way to abbreviate assortment.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    Chuckled when I saw it, too, but I never claimed to an adult, just old....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lemon in the ass.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	11260  
    Last edited by alphamale; 02-11-2014 at 07:17 PM.

"While my wife and I watched him perform...."

I got what you meant the first go around.

And no, "real men" don't watch men figure skating, watch hokey, men on skates.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    "While my wife and I watched him perform...."

I got what you meant the first go around.

And no, "real men" don't watch men figure skating, watch hokey, men on skates.
    I played hockey in my youth and our captain was a figure skater. Just like football players will sometimes take up ballet. Skating is just that, skating. Learning to figure skate, or watching it will only help you improve your own skating. Like ballet helps running backs and receivers move lightly on their feet. Real men watch what they want, not what others view as acceptable programming. Just saying......
    - Richard Henry Lee
    - Samuel Adams

Broadcast television offerings are limited to entertaining the lowest common denominator (a principle of marketeering).
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.