Thread: Man shot to death during robbery attempt in Ladson

Man shot to death during robbery attempt in Ladson

LADSON, S.C. — Charleston County sheriff's deputies are investigating the shooting death of a man in Ladson. A man told deputies he shot and killed a man Sunday morning who tried to rob him with a stun gun.

http://www.thestate.com/2014/02/10/3...g-robbery.html
    The Charleston Compost is now a pay cite to read the story. No fear, the paper in the Land of Pine Trees and Pavement is free to read online.

The question: Do you agree that no charges should be filed?

Posted & Currying paywalled? Not yet.

"The resident of the home, 76-year-old Charles Petit, told deputies he was walking to his vehicle about 6 a.m. when the man attacked him and tried to rob him with a stun gun at his carport. Petit told deputies he shot at the man three times with a .38 revolver. He had several cuts on his hands and it appeared he had been punched in the face, according to an incident report. A deputy found the body of Robert Deziel, 25, of Summerville lying face down in front of the carport, according to the report. Deziel was pronounced dead at the scene."

http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...spokesman-says

Lincolnville is not Ladson, it is worse.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    The Charleston Compost is now a pay cite to read the story. No fear, the paper in the Land of Pine Trees and Pavement is free to read online.

The question: Do you agree that no charges should be filed?

No charges if the story is true. He had a firearm on him and was attacked with a weapon. Sure it was a stun gun but its still an incapacitating device and possibly deadly.

Thought we already had this case with the "knock out" game? Guy trues to stun guy guy shoots him?

Moral of the story.... don't bring a stun gun to a gun gun fight. :-)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

man approached him in the driveway and tried to shock him with a stun gun.

Watson said the two men struggled until the homeowner pulled a handgun and shot the attacker.
    If this part is true, I consider it justifiable.

A stun gun incapacitates, or at least it is designed to, effectiveness possibly debatable. Being incapacitated negates all ability to defend oneself against ANY kind of threat, including a defenseless beating of your person laying on concrete, not to mention the fall onto the concrete.

If your plan is to attack someone in this manner, you should expect deadly force to be employed against you to stop it.

Indeed, if the victim had been incapacitated, the perp would then obtain his firearm...
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

no charges should be filed..........

he could have legitimately feared for his life, particularly due to his age. A shock like that to an older person may well be fatal, aside from the fact that the perp was obviously trying to mug the homeowner. My only question was, if he had a revolver, why did he stop at only 3 shots? He should have emptied the cylinder, reloaded and emptied it again, just to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    If this part is true, I consider it justifiable.

A stun gun incapacitates, or at least it is designed to, effectiveness possibly debatable. Being incapacitated negates all ability to defend oneself against ANY kind of threat, including a defenseless beating of your person laying on concrete, not to mention the fall onto the concrete.

If your plan is to attack someone in this manner, you should expect deadly force to be employed against you to stop it.

Indeed, if the victim had been incapacitated, the perp would then obtain his firearm...
    +1 the incapacitation is exactly what I was thinking of. Especially since your armed. So if you go out, it gives that guy your gun to either you shoot you with or other people.

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Snipped

Thought we already had this case with the "knock out" game? Guy trues to stun guy guy shoots him?

SNIPPED

Who is this "we" you refer to?

Ingratiation is a psychological technique where the Con attempts to become more attractive or likeable to their target. "We", here, becomes a tool to ingratiate oneself. Very useful when later propaganda follows. A trick common among gun control _ssholes. It's easier to slip in "reasonable" explanations for unreasonable behavior or beliefs if one has "ingratiated" themselves into a group. It makes it easier to sow seeds of doubt, to explain the "reasonableness" of rights violations rather than watch the injured pursue change and accountability from those doing the violating. Child molesters engage in this insidious behavior frequently. Gain the trust of both the parent and the mark by being reasonable and "making sense". Like a butcher attempting to coax a sheep up the ramp to the killing floor. They'll say soothing things to win the confidence of the sheep. Noble.
    Last edited by Fuller Malarkey; 02-10-2014 at 05:19 PM.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller Malarkey View Post
    Who is this "we" you refer to?

Ingratiation is a psychological technique where con attempts to become more attractive or likeable to their target. "We", here, becomes a tool to ingratiate oneself. Very useful when later propaganda follows. A trick common among gun control _ssholes. It's easier to slip in "reasonable" explanations for unreasonable behavior or beliefs if one has "ingratiated" themselves into a group. It makes it easier to sow seeds of doubt, to explain the "reasonableness" of rights violations rather than watch the injured pursue change and accountability from those doing the violating. Child molesters engage in this insidious behavior frequently. Gain the trust of both the parent and the mark by being reasonable and "making sense". Like a butcher attempting to coax a sheep up the ramp to the killing floor. They'll say soothing things to win the confidence of the sheep. Noble.
    The answer is still no.