• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

recently happened...

Maverick9

I simply cannot believe the cab driver is being made out to be the one at fault here. None of us were there. We have to take the story at face value as that is all we have.

The illegal alien gang banger is the victim here? Really?!?!

Pathetic.

If you're so angry a person and so completely out of control that you feel the need to drag someone outta his car because he honked his horn over something YOU did, you DESERVE to get shot.

Sir, you have not correctly read my commentary. I did not say the Cab Driver was the one at fault.

I simply said that, IMO, had the Cabbie NOT HONKED, AGGRESSIVELY and for a long duration, he would probably not have been on the BG's radar, hence the BG would not have counter attacked and came at him and the Cabbie would not have had to shoot him.

Period. I did not say the Cabbie was at fault. If you leave your emotions out of it, you will have to agree that STAYING OFF THE BG's RADAR is a large part of not having to draw, shoot, expend expensive bullets and risk reprisals and sleepless nights for HAVING KILLED SOMEONE (or seriously injured them).

OUR JOB is NOT to shoot people. It's to remain safe, to keep loved ones safe and to avoid drawing, deploying and using our firearms. Only the MONUMENTALLY STUPID and BLOOD THIRSTY will relish perforating their fellow man. I assume, being rational and intelligent and wishing to continue to live at home, you agree.

HTH

paramedic70002

Let me steer this back around a bit. The perp physically assaulted our GG, got shot in the chest, and the GG is not (for now) being charged. I live in a pro gun state and I'd give that scenario about a 10% chance of working out here, more likely in a rural area than in a city or suburban area, which I assume is where you find this type of taxi service.

Fuller Malarkey

SNIPPED

If you're so angry a person and so completely out of control that you feel the need to drag someone outta his car because he honked his horn over something YOU did, you DESERVE to get shot.

Well, I can't argue with that. I should add that assaulting drivers that honk the horn isn't limited to "illegal alien gang bangers". Well, technically, you might be right....

http://business.highbeam.com/435553...discipline-two-officers-after-they-used-taser

KANSAS CITY -- Police said Friday that two officers had been disciplined and department policy changed following an investigation into the officers' use of a Taser when arresting a woman who honked her car horn at a police cruiser.

Last edited:

Primus

Well, I can't argue with that. I should add that assaulting drivers that honk the horn isn't limited to "illegal alien gang bangers". Well, technically, you might be right....

http://business.highbeam.com/435553...discipline-two-officers-after-they-used-taser

KANSAS CITY -- Police said Friday that two officers had been disciplined and department policy changed following an investigation into the officers' use of a Taser when arresting a woman who honked her car horn at a police cruiser.

You literally just can't resist. You have an idis I guess. What was the department that turned you down? I need to send them a letter and yelling then they've made a troll on the internet.

You literally drag EVERY thread to this. There could be a thread on donating blood for charity and you'd somehow find a article or video of a cop shooting a blood donor.

The saddest part about this is this forum let's you get away with it. Your no different then onus. Worse since you post more.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Sir Diealotz

Glad your son is OK and hope that he recovers from such a traumatic experience.

Play stupid games and wins stupid prizes; Congratulations gang banger, you win the GRAND prize :eek:

Fuller Malarkey

You literally just can't resist.

Snipped :lol:

More whining. You scold away primi, or put your efforts into cleaning your own house. Remember, the sooner your side quits supplying the material, the sooner the scofflaw's run out of material......

One would think "isolated incidents" would be harder to find, wouldn't you? Some days, I have to pick through the isolated incidents.....

arentol

Please explain how 'laying on the horn' causes any effect, other than to rile the red-light runner. Without the inappropriate, ineffective and aggressive (and possibly illegal) use of the horn, the OP's son would not have had to shoot the BG. IMO.

Upshot? Don't use your horn aggressively, it serves no purpose, and it illustrates how we are actually PART of the road raging by doing so.

Are you seriously trying to blame the victim? I suppose you think women shouldn't wear clothes that end above their knee because it serves no purpose and they are actually PART of they rape by doing so.

Something if serving prose..... Sometimes people are distracted, especially these days with texting and such. They run red lights and never even realize it. Honking at someone who runs a red light may remind them to pay attention to the road instead of the phone or their kid in the back seat, and may save a life at the next light they would otherwise miss.

It also serves as a warning to others and that extra half-second of warning to someone coming fast in another lane, who is perhaps also a bit distracted, could save a life.

In addition, we should not need to live in fear that honking the horn for a valid reason will result in a violent assault. Perpetuating a culture of fear is doing nobody any favors.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Primus

More whining. You scold away primi, or put your efforts into cleaning your own house. Remember, the sooner your side quits supplying the material, the sooner the scofflaw's run out of material......

One would think "isolated incidents" would be harder to find, wouldn't you? Some days, I have to pick through the isolated incidents.....

My house is clean. Hence the reason I got married.

Its sad your so intent on doing the "us vs. Them " game. I dont have a "side". But its telling that you do. Its a clear example of who propagates the animosity in general.

For some reason I guess your missing the fact that there is multitudes more citizen on citizen crime then any Leo on citizen crime.

So speaking of "dirty houses".... go clean up Detroit with an astronomical murder rate. That city alone eclipses any type of Leo on citizen crime.

I'll even pitch in a donation for your plane ticket. I'll make a few phone calls see of I can get you hooked up with some "activists" around there. Clean away my friend.

:)

Sheldon

Sir, you have not correctly read my commentary. I did not say the Cab Driver was the one at fault.

I simply said that, IMO, had the Cabbie NOT HONKED, AGGRESSIVELY and for a long duration, he would probably not have been on the BG's radar, hence the BG would not have counter attacked and came at him and the Cabbie would not have had to shoot him.

Period. I did not say the Cabbie was at fault. If you leave your emotions out of it, you will have to agree that STAYING OFF THE BG's RADAR is a large part of not having to draw, shoot, expend expensive bullets and risk reprisals and sleepless nights for HAVING KILLED SOMEONE (or seriously injured them).

OUR JOB is NOT to shoot people. It's to remain safe, to keep loved ones safe and to avoid drawing, deploying and using our firearms. Only the MONUMENTALLY STUPID and BLOOD THIRSTY will relish perforating their fellow man. I assume, being rational and intelligent and wishing to continue to live at home, you agree.

HTH

Really how does one not honk aggressively when you are in lock up the binders mode. Toot toot hello here I am? really? maybe they need to program the car horn for that function on future models.....

Are you seriously trying to blame the victim? I suppose you think women shouldn't wear clothes that end above their knee because it serves no purpose and they are actually PART of they rape by doing so.

Something if serving prose..... Sometimes people are distracted, especially these days with texting and such. They run red lights and never even realize it. Honking at someone who runs a red light may remind them to pay attention to the road instead of the phone or their kid in the back seat, and may save a life at the next light they would otherwise miss.

It also serves as a warning to others and that extra half-second of warning to someone coming fast in another lane, who is perhaps also a bit distracted, could save a life.

In addition, we should not need to live in fear that honking the horn for a valid reason will result in a violent assault. Perpetuating a culture of fear is doing nobody any favors.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Huge +1 there, so far we are being told not to say the truth because we might offend someone and hurt their feelings, people at too early of an age are being wotzed out of future adulthood all in the name of PC. I gave that PC stuff up when I was in my early 50's as all it did was give me acid reflux....
No you do not need to go our of your way to PO someone, but then you should not have to dance on egg shells to avoid confrontation either!

Last edited:

Maverick9

For the utterly simple-minded: blowing your horn other than when it will have a real purpose, such as 'the light turned 10 seconds ago, bro', is often an aggressive act. I suspect the OP's son leaned on the horn, blowing it aggressively, and probably did more - mean mugging at the stop light, flipping the bird, etc. Had he NOT DONE THAT, he would not have had to shoot the BG.

A light toot is fine, imo and in this case would not have caused the BG to become irate. I wasn't there, but I suspect the OP's son LOST HIS TEMPER and LAID on the horn. That is the issue. Don't lose your temper - if you do you are PART of the road rage package. You are investing in it.

HTH

wimwag

I wasn't there, I don't know what the situation was like, the info is already second-hand...but I didn't see anything about the OP's son saying "hey man, my bad" and ignoring the idiot (while dialing 911 and keeping a watchful eye out).

How much horn-blowing did the OP's son do?

Hard to draw any conclusions from this tale. I've never had a road-rager attempt to pull me from my car, been honked at plenty for spacing out behind the wheel, but this kind of escalation seems a bit strange without the OP's son feeding into it in some way...perhaps by waving a gun around?

Guns aren't warnings...they're a last resort. Your brain is your most important tool for self-defense.

With some people a polite tap on the horn will set them off. With others, their bad driving is somehow your fault. I had an incident in Duluth MN where a guy began to take a left and then decides that he has to go right so he lays on the brakes and swings his minivan in front of me and took offense to the smoke coming off my tires and the horn blaring in his rearview when I somehow avoided an accident. He tries to force me to rear end him a few times and then puts it in reverse and tries to hit me when i pull over. He follows me to the drawbridge and i get out by the USAR center on MN point and he has a metal roofing hammer and is shouting obscenities and threatening my kids lives. He gets to my door as I open it and I aim my P99 directly at his left eye which convinces him to leave. My oldest brings it up every time her grandmother starts gurgling made up Bradybunch gun stat nonsense. The bicycle cops that responded to my call told me good job, next time shoot him. Pretty sure that it was bad advice. :p

Tackleberry1

Explain to me how 'laying on the horn' prevents T-boning the red light runner. As far as I know the horn has no braking function. Here we have seen that had the OP's son NOT laid on the horn NO ONE WOULD HAVE BEEN SHOT.

HTH

Laying on the horn may not help you avoid an accident... But it certainly MIGHT wake up the dumb ass whose about to hit you.

Are you seriously faulting a startled driver for honking and "provoking" the situation?

Sounds to me like the "wanted" "illegal" "gang member" was looking to arrange his own personal "come to Jesus" moment...

...to bad the OP's boys .38 could not make that happen.

Only advice Id give the boy is to replace that .38 with a hi cap .45 ACP... Should the dirt bags buddies go looking to eliminate a witness, he'll need it.

Tack

HPmatt

How much horn-blowing did the OP's son do?

Hard to draw any conclusions from this tale. I've never had a road-rager attempt to pull me from my car, been honked at plenty for spacing out behind the wheel, but this kind of escalation seems a bit strange without the OP's son feeding into it in some way...perhaps by waving a gun around?

I would expect they found a good amount of drugs in the Illegals bloodstream.

Please explain how 'laying on the horn' causes any effect, other than to rile the red-light runner.

When I am first at a stoplight and someone blows through a 'dead-red' stoplight - I ALWAYS lay on the horn.
1) If there are cops around I hope it will draw attention to the tailend of the A/H that could have killed people if you were not looking for them, and had already started into the intersection - like young drivers in our neighborhood going to/from High School or Moms w kids in their Suburbans. Also I hope it gives folks in front of him a look in the rearview mirror for the onset of a crazy driver,
2) I would like to make sure that the dangerous driver will know for future reference that doing anything like this around our neighborhood will not be tolerated and the risk of getting caught is better than doing this in the large town of Dallas where you have a Zero chance, and
3) if the driver is heading into the center of our town, I will call the police dispatch and report the car. Depending on what direction the jerk takes, there is close to a 50% chance our local cops will be cruising on the major routes somewhere in front of them.

I do remember the one instance where we were 2 cars back off the intersection when a car pulled out and got nailed by an idiot speeding - it threw the 1st car back around and up onto the hood of the car in front of us. In that case no one was hurt, but 3 cars were totaled - ref #1) above.

JoeSparky

Centurion
A light toot is fine, imo and in this case would not have caused the BG to become irate. I wasn't there, but I suspect the OP's son LOST HIS TEMPER and LAID on the horn. That is the issue. Don't lose your temper - if you do you are PART of the road rage package. You are investing in it.

HTH

First, NOTHING that I can do will MAKE anyone else angry or irate. The choice for them to become angry or irate IS THEIR'S alone. I may very well INTEND for them to become angry but it is THEIR choice.

Second, given the same circumstances where I have the right of way and I see someone "blowing though a red light" requiring that I do something/anything to avoid the impending collision I will LAY ALL OVER THE HORN AND THE BRAKES until the urgency is over. Then if I am lucky/skilled enough to have avoided the collision I will proceed on my way when it is safe and legal for me to do so. The horn may actually be heard longer that I am on the brakes. It all depends on the action/reaction I see in the other driver.

The horn is a safety and warning tool. The brakes are a safety item. The Accelerator pedal is also a safety tool. I WILL use all these and others in the manner I see as required and necessary to minimize the risk I am exposed too. Just as my firearm OC'd on my hip--- I hope to have carried it for many many years and never need it! VERSUS not carrying it on the ONE day that it would be needed.

Maverick9

First, NOTHING that I can do will MAKE anyone else angry or irate. The choice for them to become angry or irate IS THEIR'S alone. I may very well INTEND for them to become angry but it is THEIR choice.

Second, given the same circumstances where I have the right of way and I see someone "blowing though a red light" requiring that I do something/anything to avoid the impending collision I will LAY ALL OVER THE HORN AND THE BRAKES until the urgency is over. Then if I am lucky/skilled enough to have avoided the collision I will proceed on my way when it is safe and legal for me to do so. The horn may actually be heard longer that I am on the brakes. It all depends on the action/reaction I see in the other driver.

The horn is a safety and warning tool. The brakes are a safety item. The Accelerator pedal is also a safety tool. I WILL use all these and others in the manner I see as required and necessary to minimize the risk I am exposed too. Just as my firearm OC'd on my hip--- I hope to have carried it for many many years and never need it! VERSUS not carrying it on the ONE day that it would be needed.

You're spouting delusional nonsense, Joe. Oh, sure, it's all what's inside the person. Right. Good luck with that viewpoint in real life. Lay all over the horn or not - you have an anger management issue if you do because in this situation it helps...not!

Maverick9

With some people a polite tap on the horn will set them off. With others, their bad driving is somehow your fault. I had an incident in Duluth MN where a guy began to take a left and then decides that he has to go right so he lays on the brakes and swings his minivan in front of me and took offense to the smoke coming off my tires and the horn blaring in his rearview when I somehow avoided an accident. He tries to force me to rear end him a few times and then puts it in reverse and tries to hit me when i pull over. He follows me to the drawbridge and i get out by the USAR center on MN point and he has a metal roofing hammer and is shouting obscenities and threatening my kids lives. He gets to my door as I open it and I aim my P99 directly at his left eye which convinces him to leave. My oldest brings it up every time her grandmother starts gurgling made up Bradybunch gun stat nonsense. The bicycle cops that responded to my call told me good job, next time shoot him. Pretty sure that it was bad advice. :p

Thanks for making my point. Laying on the horn is a bad idea. Don't do it if you want to avoid road rage complicity. PS you still seem ANGRY about it. Try decaf.

Last edited:

wimwag

Thanks for making my point. Laying on the horn is a bad idea. Don't do it if you want to avoid road rage complicity. PS you still seem ANGRY about it. Try decaf.

Nope. Not at all. In fact, your internet aggression suggests that maybe you are a bit butthurt that people use the horn for what it was designed for. Does it make you road rage when people honk their horn at you? Drive better.

Fyi, I was driving a Ram 2500. Probably wouldn't have even scratched my bumper. I was concerned for his safety, yes, but mainly my insurance premium. Never had an accident and I intend for it to stay that way.

Take an anger management class son.
Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2

Maverick9

Nope. Not at all. In fact, your internet aggression suggests that maybe you are a bit butthurt that people use the horn for what it was designed for. Does it make you road rage when people honk their horn at you? Drive better.

Fyi, I was driving a Ram 2500. Probably wouldn't have even scratched my bumper. I was concerned for his safety, yes, but mainly my insurance premium. Never had an accident and I intend for it to stay that way.

Take an anger management class son.
Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2

There, there.

JoeSparky

Centurion
You're spouting delusional nonsense, Joe. Oh, sure, it's all what's inside the person. Right. Good luck with that viewpoint in real life. Lay all over the horn or not - you have an anger management issue if you do because in this situation it helps...not!

ACTUALLY, the use of the horn is an attempt to get the OTHER guy to do something to AVOID the impending collisiion. It is much more effective than hand gestures out the window or verbal outbreaks inside the car I am in....

Now, WHAT the other guy chooses to do with the warning is entirely up to him and HIS CHOICE!