Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Site designation of Open Carry forum members ??

Site designation of Open Carry forum members ??

I have searched the site and cannot find the answer.......What is the difference between these designations?

Founders Club
    Campaign Member
    “We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand

"free people ought...to be armed." In so doing we grasp the larger lesson that the ability to defend ourselves is part and parcel to our freedom. George Washington , January 7, 1790

Sorry, but "Regular Members" aren't allowed to know.
    Last edited by MAC702; 02-10-2014 at 01:14 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2OLD2W8 View Post
    I have searched the site and cannot find the answer.......What is the difference between these designations?

Founders Club
    Campaign Member
    Designations are given either as a reward for monetary contributions to various campaigns or for service to OCDO. Time in grade is a consideration in the latter, as well as specific conduct/contributions to the forum.

No distinction is made between the two.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

So if I send money (via PayPal?) to OCDO, I can be given a special designation? You got a link to where, how much?

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    So if I send money (via PayPal?) to OCDO, I can be given a special designation? You got a link to where, how much?
    Don't think there are any current/active campaigns.

This was one of the earlier ones:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ard-Fundraiser
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Don't think there are any current/active campaigns.

This was one of the earlier ones:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ard-Fundraiser
    All members who donate at least $10 to this effort will be recognized as "Activist Members" on the forum while all members who join Mike and I in donating at least $100 will be recognized as "Founder's Club Members". from link above ^^^^

That was in 2008....

In like vein; what do the stars represent?
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post
    In like vein; what do the stars represent?
    Stars are another type of recognition - awarded by the Administrator - Level of activity, accuracy, quality of posts, and other criteria as determined.

Parking fees are determined by the number of stars.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    All members who donate at least $10 to this effort will be recognized as "Activist Members" on the forum while all members who join Mike and I in donating at least $100 will be recognized as "Founder's Club Members". from link above ^^^^

That was in 2008....
    I like that "Activist Member" label : )

Designations are given either as a reward for monetary contributions to various campaigns or for service to OCDO. Time in grade is a consideration in the latter, as well as specific conduct/contributions to the forum.

No distinction is made between the two.
    Sir, thank you for the information......

Best Regards
    “We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand

"free people ought...to be armed." In so doing we grasp the larger lesson that the ability to defend ourselves is part and parcel to our freedom. George Washington , January 7, 1790

Well,,,

Sooooo, I would like to have some stars... And a special designation!
    I have contributed to this forum for 4 1/2 years,
    stepped on some toes, when I shouldnt,, made amends when I should..
    Got mode'd,,, mabe twice,,,, I'll let that go... mabe I deserved it,,, could be...

I have donated to many folks that needed help here,,, for years..

100$ each for yearly for three 2 A rallys here in Olympia Washington
    20$ to Hamneggs
    50$ to Skidmark
    20$ to Deros72
    68.43$ to MOC/Lilfreak
    100$ to Grapeshot
    111.11$ to MKEGAL
    11.11$ to MKEGAL,,, a year later, for desert!
    159.69$ to W07Rolla
    10.00$ to Arik45
    100.00$ to Scouser

Sooo,,, Now Can I Haz???

ETA ASK,,, did I just get a star in the last 4 minutes?
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 02-13-2014 at 07:23 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    --snipped--
    ETA ASK,,, did I just get a star in the last 4 minutes?
    If it wasn't there before............

I didn't do it though, the procedure is not in my manaul.

Now you can use the executive bathroom and take your turn sitting on top of the Christmas tree.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Stars are another type of recognition - awarded by the Administrator - Level of activity, accuracy, quality of posts, and other criteria as determined.

So you are saying you bought your stars. We understand.

Just could not resist....

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    So you are saying you bought your stars. We understand.

Just could not resist....
    Not exactly....more like I'm paying for 'em.

All that glitters is not gold.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 02-22-2014 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Formatting

color, no the stars should be considered like notches on the grip of his pistola from the number of smart arses he has evenhandedly banished in the name of maintaining fortuitous happenstance on this hear space of al gore's invention.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Sooooo, I would like to have some stars... And a special designation!
    snip...
    defender...i think quite a few think you are S P E C I A L !

might be careful for what you wish for...

back to raisn' cain.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 02-23-2014 at 11:22 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Activist Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Griz View Post
    I like that "Activist Member" label : )
    Me too!

Well,,,

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    defender...i think quite a few think you are S P E C I A L !

might be careful for what you wish for...

back to raisn' cain.

ipse
    Thank you...

That is what I want! " Oh So SPECIAL!"
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Well,,,

Sooo,, I feel,,, kind of cheep and dirty now!
    Her I was thinking that my time here meant something and that I had Earned my star...
    Then I see,, this guy... he asks noob questions all the time,, doesnt look anything up for himself,,, Etc.

chaseget83

Regular MemberJoin DateFeb 2014LocationSt. LouisPosts14

AND,,, he has a star!!!

If being here,,, and making a post is all it takes,,, then you can have my star back.

lot of folks been here a long time, and dont have a star..

And since9 who took his ball and left in a huff 4 months ago is now returned,,, and he has three stars!!! whats up with that???

I don't know for sure (I've never asked) but I think that the first star is added after a certain minimum number of posts. I can't recall seeing a long term user/poster with no star - maybe its because I don't pay much attention to that though.

You want another one - take a couple of mine......they're heavy to lug around.

Anyone that leaves of there own volition (not banned) is welcome to come back and join in the discussions. We might would all be better off if we stuck to facts rather than personalities. Smile a lot and be pleasant as much as possible - it works here just as much as it does on the street.

I miss certain people that are not here any longer - you might be shocked if you knew who. Their posts were often like hard chaulk on the blackboard, but one was caused to think and maybe reevluate their thinking as a result.

Well,,,

Thank you,,, for the non response, response...

Sorry now, that I ever brought it up.

Thank you,,, for the non response, response...

Sorry now, that I ever brought it up.
    Unfortunately that is the best I can give you. Stars/recognition are not in my job description - John handles that .

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    I have actually been wondering about that (campaigns -- what "OCDO" does outside of what the founders do as or not as "OCDO") -- guess I might as well borrow the tail end of this thread, eh? Any plans on new campaigns or "actual" activity that "members" can help with or participate in outside of simply ranting and raving on a forum?
    Advocate freedom please

Well,,,

I don't know for sure (I've never asked) but I think that the first star is added after a certain minimum number of posts. I can't recall seeing a long term user/poster with no star - maybe its because I don't pay much attention to that though.

You want another one - take a couple of mine......they're heavy to lug around.

Anyone that leaves of there own volition (not banned) is welcome to come back and join in the discussions. We might would all be better off if we stuck to facts rather than personalities. Smile a lot and be pleasant as much as possible - it works here just as much as it does on the street.

I miss certain people that are not here any longer - you might be shocked if you knew who. Their posts were often like hard chaulk on the blackboard, but one was caused to think and maybe reevluate their thinking as a result.
    Just for fun, ive been looking at the oldest posts I can find.
    see lots of guys with 14,, 12, and a guy joined in jan 2007 made 10 posts, got a star!
    And OC for ME, been here 4 years,, 6000+ posts and a regular guy here,,, NO stars!!!

perhaps oc for me declined his star in a solidarity stand for those who have had injustice perpetrated against them by society in general!

or we could start a membership demonstration on behalf of oc for me to finally be awarded his 'star' after all these long years of service to the forum.

but i truly must state ####defender...you might wish to either find something useful to do in society or turn down the meds a bit cuz you checking everyone's star status against their post'gs seems to me just a wee-bit on the creepy side.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 02-25-2014 at 09:45 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast