Thread: 11 more reasons not to D&D

11 more reasons not to D&D

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/2-wrong-...-in-fla-calif/

"A sport utility vehicle traveling the wrong way on a Florida interstate collided head-on with a sedan early Sunday, killing five people, including four University of South Florida fraternity brothers, authorities said. "

"Also early Sunday, a wrong-way driver on a Southern California freeway was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving after causing a pre-dawn crash with multiple vehicles that left six people dead, says CBS Los Angeles station KCBS-TV.

Police arrested the 21-year-old female driver on suspicion of felony driving under the influence and felony manslaughter in connection with the 4:40 a.m. accident on the westbound Pomona freeway, or State Route 60, in Diamond Bar, said Rodrigo Jimenez, a California Highway Patrol spokesman on the scene, KCBS says.

The female driver was in stable condition at a Los Angeles County hospital with a broken femur and a ruptured bladder, the station adds. Two passengers from the car were among the dead, the station says.

Authorities were seeking blood tests.

“The officers had sufficient evidence and believe that she was impaired at the time,” California Highway Patrol Officer Rodrigo Jimenez told CBS Los Angelese radio station KNX-AM. "

Drunk driving is and always has been a blight on society. BUT what does this have to do with Open Carry?
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

The same thing oui checkpoints do.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Banned
    How many here has not driven drunk once in their life?

Not me. The stupidity of youth. That is why there should be no drinking age restrictions ~ you allow only those old enough to drink keys to cars.

Learning about the effects of alcohol can be learned at an earlier age wherein by the time they get keys to the car they already know better than to drink and drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    The same thing oui checkpoints do.

You did not articulate that in your OP. But are you now arguing that OUI arrests outside of checkpoints are unconstitutional? Just what is it relating to open carry you are trying to say?
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    You did not articulate that in your OP. But are you now arguing that OUI arrests outside of checkpoints are unconstitutional? Just what is it relating to open carry you are trying to say?
    Give him time. He'll probably start arguing that such accidents justify blood tests on all drivers. Heck, based on some of the logic he's already demonstrated, he'll probably argue preventing such accidents justifies warrantless searches of all vehicles for both weapons and contraband fruits and vegetables.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Give him time. He'll probably start arguing that such accidents justify blood tests on all drivers. Heck, based on some of the logic he's already demonstrated, he'll probably argue preventing such accidents justifies warrantless searches of all vehicles for both weapons and contraband fruits and vegetables.
    Yes. Those pesky fruits and vegetables are evil.

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

A number of reasons drunk citizens may not be the biggest threat on the road

"One motorcycle rider was killed and two others seriously injured on Aug. 6 when Indianapolis Metropolitan Police officer David Bisard’s squad car slammed into their motorcycles as they sat at a red light.

Blood tests show that Bisard was drunk at the time but, as an internal police report shows, officers at the scene botched the investigation and Marion County prosecutor Carl Brizzi announced the blood evidence would not stand up in court. Consequently, alcohol related charges against Bisard were dropped."

http://indypokerruns.com/motorcycle/...p-david-bisard

Read the time line from the bottom of the page up.

This is a bad deal. Cops drunk on the job, killing motorcyclists. I'm sure it was an isolated incident. What is peculiar is the number of people involved in the cover up. Like there is a culture of corruption or something. Sadly, that corruption doesn't end here.

http://www.wthr.com/story/22106071/n...t-david-bisard

This cop gets ANOTHER driving under the influence charge at a later date. BAC .22

Bisard remains in jail after new DUI charges

LAWRENCE -
    Suspended Indianapolis Metro Police Officer David Bisard remains in the Marion County Jail, after he was formally charged Monday in connection with a crash that occurred over the weekend.

"The Marion County prosecutor's office said Monday afternoon that Bisard was charged with Operating a Motor Vehicle While Intoxicated and Operating a Motor Vehicle with a BAC 0.15 grams or greater, both Class A Misdemeanors."

"For his safety, Bisard is being kept in a special area of the jail with another police officer who accused of criminal behavior. "Right now, he is in a six-person cell block with another gentleman," said Marion County Sheriff John Layton."

Ironic they'd be so concerned about his safety when he displays so little regard for ours.....

"If Bisard is ordered to stay in jail, he will not be put with common criminals, Layton said.

"For this particular inmate, or any inmate, that would never happen, because of his profession," the sheriff said"

I drink and drive I'm a "common criminal". Cop drinks and drives he gets preferential treatment. Got it.

You'll love this part:

"It turns out that another Lawrence police officer had followed Bisard's pickup after someone reported it for erratic driving. The officer said he didn't note anything out of the ordinary so he didn't do a traffic stop."

Cop follows another cop that was reported to be driving erratic, and under indictment for the death of one motorcyclist and the injury of two others while drunk, on duty. Cop decides to honor the thin blue line and declines the opportunity to "fish" and gives Bisard a pass.

This has nothing to do with Open Carry. Neither does the OP. Driving under the influence is something few can support. Most cops believe harsh consequences will curb under the influence driving. Yet they protect their own from consequences.

I've got six more cases of police officers drunk while on duty from this past year bookmarked. From one state.

How would you word a title for that thread?
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller Malarkey View Post
    "One motorcycle rider was killed and two others seriously injured on Aug. 6 when Indianapolis Metropolitan Police officer David Bisard’s squad car slammed into their motorcycles as they sat at a red light.

Blood tests show that Bisard was drunk at the time but, as an internal police report shows, officers at the scene botched the investigation and Marion County prosecutor Carl Brizzi announced the blood evidence would not stand up in court. Consequently, alcohol related charges against Bisard were dropped."

http://indypokerruns.com/motorcycle/...p-david-bisard

Read the time line from the bottom of the page up.

This is a bad deal. Cops drunk on the job, killing motorcyclists. I'm sure it was an isolated incident. What is peculiar is the number of people involved in the cover up. Like there is a culture of corruption or something. Sadly, that corruption doesn't end here.

http://www.wthr.com/story/22106071/n...t-david-bisard

This cop gets ANOTHER driving under the influence charge at a later date. BAC .22

Bisard remains in jail after new DUI charges

LAWRENCE -
    Suspended Indianapolis Metro Police Officer David Bisard remains in the Marion County Jail, after he was formally charged Monday in connection with a crash that occurred over the weekend.

"The Marion County prosecutor's office said Monday afternoon that Bisard was charged with Operating a Motor Vehicle While Intoxicated and Operating a Motor Vehicle with a BAC 0.15 grams or greater, both Class A Misdemeanors."

"For his safety, Bisard is being kept in a special area of the jail with another police officer who accused of criminal behavior. "Right now, he is in a six-person cell block with another gentleman," said Marion County Sheriff John Layton."

Ironic they'd be so concerned about his safety when he displays so little regard for ours.....

"If Bisard is ordered to stay in jail, he will not be put with common criminals, Layton said.

"For this particular inmate, or any inmate, that would never happen, because of his profession," the sheriff said"

I drink and drive I'm a "common criminal". Cop drinks and drives he gets preferential treatment. Got it.

You'll love this part:

"It turns out that another Lawrence police officer had followed Bisard's pickup after someone reported it for erratic driving. The officer said he didn't note anything out of the ordinary so he didn't do a traffic stop."

Cop follows another cop that was reported to be driving erratic, and under indictment for the death of one motorcyclist and the injury of two others while drunk, on duty. Cop decides to honor the thin blue line and declines the opportunity to "fish" and gives Bisard a pass.

This has nothing to do with Open Carry. Neither does the OP. Driving under the influence is something few can support. Most cops believe harsh consequences will curb under the influence driving. Yet they protect their own from consequences.

I've got six more cases of police officers drunk while on duty from this past year bookmarked. From one state.

How would you word a title for that thread?
    Cool story brother. Thanks for the info as always

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Good thing we have myriads of positive law and their costumed enforcers to prevent these tragedies from happening........
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Good thing we have myriads of positive law and their costumed enforcers to prevent these tragedies from happening........
    Well said. +1 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Well said. +1 :-)

I never drank and drove, my aunt died from a drunk driver in Florida several years back, he left scene the the next day he saw his trick had blood over it and turned himself in and served 3 months in jail....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Blackler View Post
    I never drank and drove, my aunt died from a drunk driver in Florida several years back, he left scene the the next day he saw his trick had blood over it and turned himself in and served 3 months in jail....

I am sorry to hear that, you have my condolences, and 3 months was in no way enough to pay for what he did.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Thank you. I fully agree. Just hope people learn, it's sad how many lives have ended because of irresponsible people.

I'm sorry for all of those that have lost loved ones to those negligent in a car accident. I'm also sorry for all of our loss of liberty because of an over reaction to a perceived d and d problem.

Drinking and driving doesn't kill people... people kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Blackler View Post

He admitted he was drunk?

Quote Originally Posted by georg jetson View Post
    I'm sorry for all of those that have lost loved ones to those negligent in a car accident. I'm also sorry for all of our loss of liberty because of an over reaction to a perceived d and d problem.

Drinking and driving doesn't kill people... people kill people.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3ryfni.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	11286