• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Denied a permit to carry, please help.

Fuller Malarkey

I assume you're just trying to be rude.

While you're waiting for the mail person to show up with that much anticipated envelope, invest the wait time in deepening your understanding. It won't be wasted time or effort.

Mundanes = us peon sheep. The low class morons that government agents must herd and keep in line. The pawns in the game of life. The authorities would never accept such an explanation from a punk citizen / Mundane. Get it now?

You've been gifted with the intellectual humor of some of the wittiest here. This may help 'splain:

[video=youtube;KTwnwbG9YLE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTwnwbG9YLE[/video]

Now step behind a tree and pick the chips off'n your shoulders and come back over here by the campfire and have a seat. It'll be alright. Yer lookin' fer bad will where thar ain't any. Must be something in that lutefisk.

Fuller Malarkey

Don't you be throwin' down on lutefisk untried! If you haven't had any good lutefisk, come on down for some of Grandma Gunnlauggson's, it literally melts in your mouth like jello. You don't even need to chew, just wash it down with some beer and go for more!

The "best lutefisk" I've had was topped with a delightful kerosene sauce. :lol: Everything you do to make lutefisk palatable you can do to your shoe. And car tire.

And believe you me, I have made note that the recommendation of eating lutefisk comes from someone that lives among a people that consider sour ram's testicles a delicacy. Gunnlauggson is Icelandic, and some of their dishes make haggis seem attractive.

sudden valley gunner

So I called the Hennepin county sherif this morning right when they opened. I told the guy what my situation was and gave him my reference number. He put me on hold for a minute or two, came back on the phone and said "it's in the mail today, and you shouldn't have any problem with it". I don't know if that means they mailed it out today or it's arriving today. I asked him about how it says they "must" reply to my appeal within 15 buisness days, and he just said it's more of a guideline. He said if they're late, they're late, we just TRY to get them back by day 15. Seems kind of discourteous to me but oh well. And as far as him saying "you shouldn't have any problem with it" is he talking about the result of the appeal maybe!?!? Trying not to get my hopes up too high. We will see when it comes in the next day or so. I will keep you guys posted. I truly appreciate all the help.

I wonder if the deputy would buy that excuse from a mundane.....looking at the law as a guideline.

What are you talking about?

So laws are just "guidelines" not really needing to be followed?

Bdockter

HTML:

Got home today and my permit to carry was in the mail! My appeal letter worked, and they overturned it! Thank you everyone who tried to help.

Bdockter

For some of you that were giving me advice to go to court was good advice, but I wasn't at that step yet.

Step 1. I applied for a permit to carry, and was denied. In the denial letter it stated that within 20 days, I could submit any documents relating to the incident for which I was denied.

Step 2. I wrote a letter of my own explaining the situation that happened 8 years ago when I was a minor. I also got a mental health assessment for a licensed therapist. She wrote another great letter on my behalf.

Step 3. Mailed both my letter and the therapists letter in as my appeal. From the day they got this appeal, they have 15 days to review and either overturn or re-deny.

Step 4. Sit and wait, the letter eventually came on the 17th day, as the "15 day" mark they quote is more of a guideline. The letter included my newly issued permit to carry!

If they would have denied my appeal letter, the next step would be going to court. And if the case was overturned in court, then they would have to pay my legal fees. Turns out I didn't need that step though. All it took was an honest letter explaining the situation, and the opinion of a licensed therapist, stating that I'm in good mental health, a good candidate for a license to carry.

So I appreciate all the advice about going to court, but in my situation, it wasn't necessary. The only reason I started this thread was to see if anyone knew about their "15 day rule" to review my appeal. But I answered my own question, it's not a hard set rule. If it's late, it's late. But I got my permit and I'm a happy guy.

Time to go get Sig P226 MK25.