• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ohio National Guard Training Envisions Right-Wing Terrorism

commonsense1776

The anger and paranoia throughout this thread is palatable. I am absolutely amazed by it. It concerns me regarding the responsible ownership of firearms.

Tackleberry1

Perhaps if our Government were not actively trying to trample Liberty in the name of Safety... It would not be so concerned with protecting itself from Liberty minded Americans?

Just a thought.

Tack

HPmatt

DHS turns on National License Plate Recognition Database

Now that the NSA has been shown eroding the 4th amendment, the SCOTUS said Obamacare is just a tax, so the Feds now have access to previously private medical information, Dodd-Frank allows the Feds and who-knows-else the ability to snoop in our bank accounts, investment accounts and credit card accounts,
now we have the TSA/DHS and I am sure state & local LE getting access to license plate data on 'subversives'. This is going to be lots of fun to do this to your enemies. Along the lines of the dispatching SWAT team on 'folks that are speaking out against the Obama administration'.

Would not be surprised if OC meetings would have local cops, FBI, IRS and/or ATF folks loading in license plates of who's attending.
Got all the workings of the police state, or facists (sp), big brother, etc.
Just let them get comfortable with it, then start turning up the heat.

http://www.infowars.com/homeland-security-to-activate-national-license-plate-recognition-database/

We just need to make sure that all the little cogs in the wheel follow orders.
So many things that were illegal and unconstitutional just a few years ago - meaning you would face civil and criminal legal action if you did them - are now just everyday occurrences without any thought given to are these actions really granted under the constitution?

commonsense1776

Easy there big fellows. Things have not significantly changed. We can still legally buy firearms and ammunition. Just what has changed majorly changed that everyone is up against the government? Mass registration of firearms? No. Inability to buy firearms and ammunition? No. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force and/or Coast Guard patrolling our streets? No.

Fuller Malarkey

I would think that the Facists in various parts of the Government would use State National Guard in other parts of the country - like use Ohio guard to suppress citizens of KY or MD, and say WV against Ohioans or Indianans. Don't know whether guardsman Ohio would be hung-ho for another Kent State, but this time doing the bidding of the anarchists against everyday folks protecting their homes and families.

I still say we know where the soldiers/police/TSA people live, their families and as such there will be consequences if they violate our rights and lives. Look up MA Lt Gov Tom Hutchison when he supported King George over the Sons of Liberty and the Stamp Act.

I wonder if much of the "zeal" of participating in sanctioned invasions by government thugs would be dampened if the thugs involved had to worry that the compadres of those they were hunting down like animals were in fact closing in on the thug's digs. Tit for tat.

I suspect the voiced discontent from the Mundanes is what is behind a lot of the dispensing of vehicles of war and the arming of police with weapons of war to replace their tools of keeping the peace is to discourage a gathering of the Mundanes the next time the Occupiers throw another Ruby Ridge or Waco.

It may have been "another isolated incident" [PWI Posting While Intoxicated],what ever, the "boy" scout that wants to clean out this club house of the rabble rousers and turn this into a place decent Statists would hang around and engage in conversations that closer resemble the worship of their keepers went on what appears to be a drunken rant last night, and referenced this thread, claiming a few posts are blatant threats on the lives of little children and helpless nursing mothers, the families of galant white knights that are just following orders and conducting dark of night raids on people for their 2A beliefs.

Read it here:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...pen-carrying&p=2036689&viewfull=1#post2036689

Rather than derail that thread, I thought I'd help the drunk out and at least steer the conversation to the right thread.

So. Our boy believes posts #3 and #4 in this thread are direct threats, and he is disappointed there isn't an outcry from the decent members here, the majority, he seems to believe, that support the gallant efforts of thugs everywhere that work daily to nurture tyranny. Thugs that train and target 2A supporters as "domestic terrorists".

Seeing that the majority of the forum wasn't coming forth to dry the tears from his eyes, I thought maybe being he posted his lament in an unrelated thread, maybe the Statist Majority here simply didn't see his appeal to tragedy, his emotional reaction to his perceived threats to he and all the noble sheep dogs that keep us safe. So I redirect this whine fest back to the scene of the transgression.

Now be assured I support nothing Primus thinks, does, or posts, or even his usage of oxygen. I do welcome posters to come in and hug this whiner to shut him up. Stroke his head and tell him it will all be OK, the bad boys that just don't act right are bad and he shouldn't play with them because they like to cause trouble and make all the good gun guys look bad.

Last edited:

Primus

It may have been "another isolated incident" [PWI Posting While Intoxicated],what ever, the "boy" scout that wants to clean out this club house of the rabble rousers and turn this into a place decent Statists would hang around and engage in conversations that closer resemble the worship of their keepers went on what appears to be a drunken rant last night, and referenced this thread, claiming a few posts are blatant threats on the lives of little children and helpless nursing mothers, the families of galant white knights that are just following orders and conducting dark of night raids on people for their 2A beliefs.

Read it here:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...pen-carrying&p=2036689&viewfull=1#post2036689

Rather than derail that thread, I thought I'd help the drunk out and at least steer the conversation to the right thread.

So. Our boy believes posts #3 and #4 in this thread are direct threats, and he is disappointed there isn't an outcry from the decent members here, the majority, he seems to believe, that support the gallant efforts of thugs everywhere that work daily to nurture tyranny. Thugs that train and target 2A supporters as "domestic terrorists".

Seeing that the majority of the forum wasn't coming forth to dry the tears from his eyes, I thought maybe being he posted his lament in an unrelated thread, maybe the Statist Majority here simply didn't see his appeal to tragedy, his emotional reaction to his perceived threats to he and all the noble sheep dogs that keep us safe. So I redirect this whine fest back to the scene of the transgression.

Now be assured I support nothing Primus thinks, does, or posts, or even his usage of oxygen. I do welcome posters to come in and hug this whiner to shut him up. Stroke his head and tell him it will all be OK, the bad boys that just don't act right are bad and he shouldn't play with them because they like to cause trouble and make all the good gun guys look bad.

First..... a poster in THAT thread directly asked me a question and I responded.

Secomd... you can bombard the screen with useless personal insults it doesn't change a thing that has been said. It just makes you look worse and worse every word that gets typed. Im certain you get a chuckle out of it, and maybe one or two of your buddies, but at the end of the day it doesn't change a thing. Your still not worth it.

Its been quoted. Its been reported. Its been laid out there for the members of the public and more importantly this forum to see. The actions and/or lack thereof speak many times more then any of the useless statements you now utter.

You can this thread to yourself to verbally masturbate. I'll go back to speaking with guys that are worth my time. Thanks brother.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Fuller Malarkey

First..... a poster in THAT thread directly asked me a question and I responded.

Secomd... you can bombard the screen with useless personal insults it doesn't change a thing that has been said. It just makes you look worse and worse every word that gets typed. Im certain you get a chuckle out of it, and maybe one or two of your buddies, but at the end of the day it doesn't change a thing. Your still not worth it.

Its been quoted. Its been reported. Its been laid out there for the members of the public and more importantly this forum to see. The actions and/or lack thereof speak many times more then any of the useless statements you now utter.

You can this thread to yourself to verbally masturbate. I'll go back to speaking with guys that are worth my time. Thanks brother.

Can someone share with me the memo that informed us that this has been made the moral director of OPDO? That Primus has been drafted to establish acceptable topics and discussions, that shaming was approved as the tool of choice to manipulate threads?

No? Nothing?

This forum was started by nonconformists and has remained active and growing due to the involvement of the nonconformist.

HPmatt

VA State Police recorded license plates at Obama & Palin campaign rallies

Just the beginning of neat ways the government can use our tax dollars....

Don't want to be a paranoid person, but daily erosions of our liberty as technology makes it easier to mash up data from various data feeds - concentration of data is the same as concentration of power - it will lead to abuse. I don't see any of this being permitted in the Constitution for use by the Federal government - perhaps the states under the 10A, but if we aren't terrorists, there is no national security issue of collecting this data - only that the building block tools of a police state.

Wouldn't be surprised if the VA state police ran plates at the recent Capitol Gun Lobby day.

Virginia State Police recorded the license plates of cars attending campaign rallies for President Obama and vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin in 2008 and 2009.

Following increased public concern over government surveillance, at least 14 states including Virginia are considering laws that would curb ALPR data collection.

....They say law enforcement agencies keep information for too long, building massive databases of citizens’ everyday activities. The technology, they also argue, is ripe for abuse.

A police officer in Washington, D.C., pled guilty to extortion in 1998 after using ALRP data to blackmail drivers who frequented a local gay bar.​

http://freebeacon.com/dhs-building-national-license-plate-reader-database/

NSA collecting data on millions of calls - " (NSA snooping) here’s one more thing we have to do as citizens for the common good, just like we have to go to airports two hours early and take our shoes off, all the other things we do for the common good, this is one more thing.:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...e-should-ve-told-you-we-track-your-calls.html

AT&T received 300,000 requests in 2013 from all government agencies, Verizon about 300,000 too (out of 320,000,000 US residents (legal and illegals) maybe 1 out of 1000 is okay?).
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...ted-surveillance-on-35-000-user-accounts.html

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
The proof is in the alternative. They could have assigned any ideologic motivation to the mock terrorists.

This is too easy. How about just anti-government terrorists? How about former federal official trying to break away a part of the state (actual case--look up Aaron Burr, the guy who killed Alexander Hamilton in a duel)? How about anti-social cultists like that bunch in Japan a few years ago that spread poison gas on a subway?

See? In under a minute I thunk up three alternatives they could have used. How many could they think up in ten minutes?

Exactly.

If a man was on trial for theft, would it be pertinent to refer to him as an "anti-government second amendment supporter"?

You can say the drill is all about "actions and not beliefs", but were that wholly true the supposed terrorists would simply be "users of biological weapons".

Using biological weapons is an action. One's being a "second amedment-supporter" while doing so would be a belief.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The scenario was that these "Second Amendment supporters with 'anti-government' opinions" had used biological weapons. At that point they have become domestic terrorists, regardless of whether their belief system is similar to mine or not.

The ONG is practicing responding to actions, not beliefs.

The ONG are federal troops ... I see an issue with federal troops being used to quell local disturbances, even of a very serious nature.

Primus

The ONG are federal troops ... I see an issue with federal troops being used to quell local disturbances, even of a very serious nature.

If by ONG you mean Ohio National Guard... then negative they are NOG federal troops. They get paid by the state. They report to the state governor first and foremost. They CAN be activated federally (deployments). But their primary role is state protection and assistance.

OC for ME

+1. It's normal practice for disaster prep drills: create a scenario that plays out, including a back story to provide associated "intelligence inputs" to keep the scenario moving and developing. Sometimes it's a natural disaster, sometimes a plane crash, and sometimes a terrorist attack. They're not demonizing anybody, they're trying to develop as reasonable a scenario as possible that drives them to respond with whatever functions the exercise is intended to evaluate. <snips>
"Its" already been addressed, but, a "fire drill" does not require a back story to train folks how to fight a fire. The OP provides a link to what the "state" is doing and the "back story" is a important component else it would not provide value in the state's eyes. Desensitizing is the goal. If you, the average 2A supporter, can be lumped into those bio-weapons using 2A supporters, then the odds of your STATE NG relative down the street from you, shooting you because you are now a "home grown terrorist" because the state says so is more likely.

<snip>

I need a hot shower to scrub myself, I feel so dirty and violated for taking on any semblance of playing devil's advocate for the Gov't, or it's agents.
The easy answer is that the "brother" does not report. The state is not, and should not be, in the business of confronting, then provoking, "rowdy 2A supporters." Especially if being rowdy is not harming anyone.....except the state's sensibilities.....noise ordinances, "disturbing the peace" "violations" no "permit" to assemble.....IAW the 1A, that is. Nice appeal to emotion you pooped out.

I couldn't agree more. Gives me the willies . . .

The proof of what? And what alternative are you referring to?

I agree that any of the options you suggested would have been just as useful. Are you saying the ONG used 2A supporters due to some nefarious design? I'm interested in your thoughts on this, if you've got a few minutes.
Yes. Read the OP again, or Google MIAC report, Missouri MIAC. The "state" is actively training their minions to engage, with violent physical force, 2A supports that do not conform to the state's definition of what a "good" 2A supporter should be.

Just for the record: As far back as 1961, <snip>
Kent State did happen.....that is the point. There are some state employees, permanent, and temps, that will shoot their fellow law abiding citizens. The state is actively training their permanent and temp workers to expand the number of workers that will, upon command, have no qualms with shooting their neighbor when directed to do so.

<snip> I do know my company was activated for the Boston bombing. Our roe/mission was basically just help the police if possible with searches/perimeter stuff, etc.. so we were told dont enage anyone unless it was to help the pds. We weren't even allowed firearms. The MPs were armed but we weren't allowed.

And you had no problem with searches, if you did any, without a warrant? You had no problem with your fellow military buddies doing warrantless searches? We all know that you did not have a problem, as a cop, with the warrantless 4A violations during the Boston Constitution Suspension Event.

I get it that some folks do not want to believe that there is a concerted effort on the part of the state to train their minions to shoot their neighbors on command, it's just too un-American.....isn't it? MIAC proves that the government is doing just that. The state did not stop/dismantle the MIAC and that which birthed it, they are juts better at not letting folks know that they continue to "target" 2A supporters (liberty centric folks).

Fuller Malarkey

Good post OC4Me. Went well with my first slug of Joe. Like dropping a shot of espresso in the oil thick stuff I usually drink.

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
intentional desensitization

As I said earlier, desensitization efforts need to be stopped. I also believe "there is a concerted effort on the part of the state to train their minions to shoot their neighbors on command" as OC mentioned above. For anyone not convinced, take a look at the link.

What I'd like to hear is how to go about stopping this effort.

Fuller Malarkey

The desensitization was extended to include killing anyone and everyone that "fails to immediately and satisfactorily comply with all commands". Lawful order or not, we have been conditioned to accept that when a government agent violates you, you are to expediently and unquestionably obey or be killed. Same has been applied to our 2A rights. Government agents voice approval of the right to hunt, to shoot targets. Defend yourself from a home invader, provided that invader isn't wearing government issued undergarments. Any discussion of exercising the 2A for it's intended purpose, to oppose tyranny, will be viewed as treason and those speaking of such will be dealt with as if it were a "failure to comply incident" Librarians match the propaganda criteria of "domestic terrorist". A 2A advocate would be viewed three notches above a card carrying Taliban.

OC for ME

A camera and a microphone work wonders sometimes. The state will do what ir does regardless of what the law says. It is when the camera and microphone document nefarious intent and acts that the state will be reigned in.

HPmatt

A camera and a microphone work wonders sometimes. The state will do what ir does regardless of what the law says. It is when the camera and microphone document nefarious intent and acts that the state will be reigned in.

Unless the video/audio is destroyed or made inoperable. From SVG's 2/4/14 post on "Another no-knock warrant served" where they Ankeny, IA cops rip off a home's video camera and cover another one up - about 1:50 into the TV video clip. Surprised the video wasn't seized and 'misplaced'.

Cops attempted to destroy security cameras after this unconstitutional raid... a resident had a gun and were seconds away from being shot or shooting.....

http://whotv.com/2014/02/03/raid-fil...matize-family/