Thread: Illegal to OC AK-47 in Beaumont while dressed as a Banana

Illegal to OC AK-47 in Beaumont while dressed as a Banana

Don't know why the cops should have been called on this one.

Derek Poe, owner of Golden Triangle Tactical gun shop, said the stunt was part of the store's grand opening after moving locations.

18 y/o kid in banana suit was cited for advertising/soliciting along roadway, not OC.

http://www.click2houston.com/police-...z/-/index.html
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Is business that bad you need a kid in a banana suit to help sell your guns? Lol

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Texas seems like a crappy place to start a gun shop (although not to run an already-successful one).

I mean, the correct way to advertise a new gun shop is with t-shirts + OC, right?

Beaumont is a good place for guns - you've got all of East Texas, the Sabine River and of course Louisiana next door.
    Perhaps the kid wouldn't have alarmed motorists if he had a 'banana clip' as opposed to a drum.

Home to James McAbee - 'Pistol Packing Minister' - free CHL training for all women teachers.

http://www.kfdm.com/shared/news/top-...vid_2402.shtml

Haven't heard his preaching (on Sundays) but I like his attitude toward women protecting themselves.
    Don't know if Romans 12:2 was what Paul had in mind, but probably a better fit than Jesus' teaching in Matthew 5:5.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    Don't know why the cops should have been called on this one.
    So let me get this straight.

The man thought he'd be less threatening while wearing a banana suit, but the cops and public freaked out thinking he might GO APE. I wonder if the fruit case will be ordered to undergo a psychiatric evaluation?

I guess you'd better not dress up as an envelope or they'll think you might GO POSTAL.

Wear a scuba tank and you might be about to GO OFF THE DEEP END..

Get caught eating a fruit bar in public and you might be about to GO NUTS......

BTW, the story was also reported on by Infowars News:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/cops-go-...ng-banana.html

This reminds me of a test I did many years ago (back in 1997). I donned a gas mask and drove around in a large town for a few minutes to see what the sheeple's reaction would be. Just a few minutes into the test numerous cops swarmed the street with sirens blazing. I hide out at a friends house for about an hour and when I left (without the mask on, of course) there were still cops patrolling the area. Imagine what might have happened if I'd have been waiving an AK47 at the same time. They would probably have carpet bombed the whole neighborhood to rid society of the dangerous terrorist.

P.S. HPmatt, I got a laugh over your use of the banana man icon. Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Augustin View Post
    So let me get this straight.

The man thought he'd be less threatening while wearing a banana suit, but the cops and public freaked out thinking he might GO APE. I wonder if the fruit case will be ordered to undergo a psychiatric evaluation?

I guess you'd better not dress up as an envelope or they'll think you might GO POSTAL.

Wear a scuba tank and you might be about to GO OFF THE DEEP END..

Get caught eating a fruit bar in public and you might be about to GO NUTS......

Oh, we could have fun with this. Where's Citizen?

Quote Originally Posted by Augustin View Post

This reminds me of a test I did many years ago (back in 1997). I donned a gas mask and drove around in a large town for a few minutes to see what the sheeple's reaction would be. Just a few minutes into the test numerous cops swarmed the street with sirens blazing. I hide out at a friends house for about an hour and when I left (without the mask on, of course) there were still cops patrolling the area. Imagine what might have happened if I'd have been waiving an AK47 at the same time. They would probably have carpet bombed the whole neighborhood to rid society of the dangerous terrorist.
    !
    You could have said your friend ate a bean burrito from (insert fast food place) and he has really bad gas. Cops were probably thinking chemical attack or something.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post

Oh, we could have fun with this.
    I wonder if the man had a BANANA CLIP in his AK47?

Not much left to say but I'm going to have to make a banana gun soon as I get home from kindergarten class:

How to Make a Banana Pistol Gun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbW5gW4EihI