• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senate Bill 60

DrakeZ07

Didn't see a post about it here, so here's a bone for all the CC peeps.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/Committee-OKs-bill-to-allow-concealed-guns-in-bars-245093801.html

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) - A bill to allow concealed deadly weapons in Kentucky bars has passed its first committee hearing in the Legislature.

The Senate Licensing and Occupations Committee approved the measure Tuesday. The bill's sponsor, Republican Sen. John Schickel of Union, is the committee's chairman.

Glad to see the media actually getting this part right, the last time some of the local in-state media mentioned OC carry, they made it sound like it was a brand new thing!

Schickel says current law allows people to openly carry visible weapons into bars at the proprietor's discretion.

[I really, REALLY love the initial for "fair use quote".]

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

Seriously, seriously, seriously? Sigh.

COVINGTON, Ky. (Angela Ingram) -- You may soon be allowed to carry a gun into a bar in Kentucky.

Read More at: http://www.local12.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/kentucky-bill-allows-guns-bars-8251.shtml

Friggen yellow journalism, say anything you want to get ratings, no matter if its inaccurate or not! Oh! NOW We're only just getting the chance to carry into a bar?! Holy crap! I guess the wording in current law about being able to Openly carry into a bar [unloaded] is really just a figment of our, and the LRC's imagination, since this is a new thing for us!

I can't tell if editors are incompetent, or just plain stupid.

Last edited:

self preservation

Theres lots of good stuff in HB 60. It removes the requirement to give a manual to a student in a CCDW class. Removes the requirement to clean your gun in the class. Gun cleaning will only have to be "demonstrated". Provides for the certificate to be issued by the instructor (yes the instructor will issue the certificate) within five days. This will really speed up the licensing process. Removes the prohibition on CC in the portion of a restaurant devoted to serving alcohol. Nobody knows what that means. Amends KRS 244.125 to allow loaded guns in bars as long as the person does not drink. There are several other good bills and it looks like several will pass. Also a couple of bad ones. HB 151 would allow cities to pass gun ordinances for "public safety" issues. This would totally gut 65.870. Everything would be a safety issue. I don't think it has a chance of passing. Don't forget HB 127, KC3's airport bill. HB 127 will stop airports from regulating guns in the public areas of an airport. Several more that I'll post on when I have more time.

Who is behind HB 151? The same ones from Lexington and Louisville that are always behind anti-gun bills?

Midwest

Who is behind HB 151? The same ones from Lexington and Louisville that are always behind anti-gun bills?

The two people sponsoring this are Representative Reginald Meeks (D) House District 42 Jefferson (part) (Louisville area). And Representative Mary Lou Marzian (D) House District 34 Jefferson (part) (Louisville area).

Kentucky's version of Bloomberg and Feinstein

self preservation

Introduced by Reginald Meeks and co-sponsored by Mary Lou Marzian, both of Louisville. These are two notoriously anti gun Representatives. During a roll call vote on a gun bill, I once heard Marzian say, "In order to maintain my perfect F rating from the NRA, I vote No".

I knew it was either Lexington or Louisville. What is it about the bigger cities that makes them so anti-gun? I give him a "F" rating as well......F for f$%# head.

poetdante

I knew it was either Lexington or Louisville. What is it about the bigger cities that makes them so anti-gun? I give him a "F" rating as well......F for f$%# head.

If we are residents of the county a representative is in, can we write to them and show our support for failing this bill? Seriosuly, I'll write with a quill on parchment and mail it to each one to get them to not pass this bill. How do we know which district we belong to (i.e there are dozens of reps for Jefferson County/Louisville, who do I write to?!)