Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OC and Photography video, Auburn, WA (02 FEB 2014)

OC and Photography video, Auburn, WA (02 FEB 2014)

For info, please see video description
    -Rogue-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5q7TXZoWIw

Banned
    You need to keep your lips together ...

I don't understand the benefit of this. I get when you have an encounter going about your every day business (correct me if that was the case), but I don't see the point of doing something like this.

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Geerolla View Post
    I don't understand the benefit of this. I get when you have an encounter going about your every day business (correct me if that was the case), but I don't see the point of doing something like this.

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0
    He is a photographer and an open carrier (both of which are often hassled by LEO.) It appears he does this every day/routinely.
    He stated he posts both positive and negative encounters.
    Seems like typical news gathering to me: Find out which cops obey the law and which ones don't. I see great benefit in that, personally.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    keep up the work of watching the watchers!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

That was quite the brain trust you encountered there. Had to have felt a bit like having four loose pit bulls come up on you..........You held up well.

Tell me....was that "pained restraint" I detected on those "peace officers" as they were panned with the camera? Kind of like a vampire reaction if someone raises the window shade on a sunny day.

Stimulated one of those ear worm flash backs:

"He came up expectin' me to do one of two things,
    Flip or fly, I didn't do either one
    It hung him up

He started sniffin' around my body tryin' to smell fear
    But he ain't gonna smell no fear `cause
    I'm God's own drunk and a fearless man
    It hung him up
    He looked right in my eyes, and my eyes
    was a lot redder than his was
    It hung him up"

Jimmy Buffet, "Gods Own Drunk"
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

Rogue, when you have encounters with police do you stream your video recording to a remote internet source to guard against LEOs possibly taking your camera and deleting the recording? If so, what source do you use?

I think everyone handled themselves well.

Good job Rouge

Activists like yourself help educate Cops and Open Carriers who are not advocates. Many of us OC simply for reasons of personal security and your efforts make it less likely that we will encounter armed asshats in costumes.

Thank you

Tack
    Last edited by Tackleberry1; 02-12-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Hm..

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    You need to keep your lips together ...
    David. Thanks for your advice. I do the videos how I think works best for me.

[QUOTE=Tackleberry1;2035030]Good job Rouge

Thanks. I see myself more as an advocate, than an activist though. I always document police encounters. Ironically, I have so many more encounters for photography that I ever will, with open carry.

Alpine:

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    Rogue, when you have encounters with police do you stream your video recording to a remote internet source to guard against LEOs possibly taking your camera and deleting the recording? If so, what source do you use?
    I apologize if my responses are a little off. I don't know that I understand this whole "reply with quote" thing, as well as having a title for a reply. It has been forever since I have been in the forums. LOL!
    I use Bambuser for now, until I find something better. Do you have any suggestions?

"Am I being detained?"

--"No."

"Ok. Have a nice day." About face and ambulate your posterior! Conversation over, their move.
    Lower the crime rate by lowering the criminal survival rate!
    When people say 'God Bless America' I'm sure He says, "I gave you Texas!"

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mark-in-texas View Post
    "Am I being detained?"

--"No."

"Ok. Have a nice day." About face and ambulate your posterior! Conversation over, their move.
    Why should he have to leave? He isn't the one bothering a civilian?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

OC and Photography video, Auburn, WA (02 FEB 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Why should he have to leave? He isn't the one bothering a civilian?
    I agree completely. Leaving just makes their perceived job of pushing you around so much easier.
    Last edited by tombrewster421; 02-13-2014 at 04:12 PM.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Leaving their presence physically demonstrates your desire to terminate the conversation. Makes them the active aggressors toward any escalation.

Leaving their presence physically demonstrates your desire to terminate the conversation. Makes them the active aggressors toward any escalation.
    B.S.
    What it shows is that their intimidation worked.

Stating that you don't wish to talk anymore and then not talking accomplishes the same without being bullied into leaving a place you have a right to be.
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Am I being detained?
    No
    You are dismissed, you may now leave.

Did I say "leave" ?? Hell no.. Continue walking or doing whatever you were doing by all means. My point was that it takes two to make an argument. If they follow, it demonstrates their desire to agrivate the situation.

The whole purpose of keeping a individual talking is to garner probable cause. Of course a person could just stand there and not talk, but going about your business just seems the logical thing to do.

Trying to have a battle of wits will just make some nitwit the loser.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Why I do what I do..

I have been asked why I engage officers in dialogue...why I don't just ask if I am being detained, and when told no, simply leave. I have been told to not talk so much. I know the basic script of: "Am I being detained? "No." "OK, have a nice day." I have seen that video countless times, with different faces. While I see the importance of these videos, they don't interest me as something I wish to do. These videos are kind of like my photography....the way I see it. I like dialogue. I think the dialogue is what made this video interesting. I don't want to do the same videos as everyone else. If I am going to put up with being detained, I am going to create a document of the incident that is, hopefully, a little more interesting. It is just how I wish to express my art.

Regarding Auburn police: Believe it or not, I actually consider this a RELATIVELY good stop...not so much for what they did...but for what they DID NOT do. Sure, we shared some verbal jabs, but they NEVER violated their oaths. I was free to leave at any time. I chose to stay. I chose to talk. I chose to share banter. They responded. They never demanded ID, placed me in cuffs, used force, or arrested me. They honestly answered the questions I asked. I contacted the Deputy Mayor, as well as the general email for Auburn PD the following day, to commend these officers for NOT violating the Constitution. It is my hope that the APD chain of command will watch this video, knowing I was not there as their enemy, but as a free citizen, an advocate, and an artist. Maybe they will look at the video and see what they did well, as well as what they could improve on...sort of...positive reinforcement. NOT violating the Constitution is but one step and hopefully, from this video, they will see the need to raise the bar a little..so that the next stop (whether it is me or someone else) will be an even better one...and the next, even better. They now have an actual incident, that has been documented and shared, to work with. They can look at the number of views and KNOW people are watching. They can read the comments to see what public opinion is. This video is a VALUABLE tool for them, if they are accepting of it.

Believe it or not, there actually IS a method in my chaos. LOL

-Rogue-

Police like dialog also, it is how they build RAS or PC...

While I salute what you are doing(OCing), please do not encourage others to step into it. We strive hard here to educate members that talking to police is a bad idea. We encourage KYBMS.

If you want to risk your liberty that is fine. You won't get applause from I for not using your noodle.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 02-14-2014 at 10:52 AM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I say good job. If you keep poking the bull, you are going to get the horn. Saying anything will get you in trouble.
    WA Guns
    "There is no such thing as a free lunch, but there is always free cheese in a mousetrap."

Quote Originally Posted by RogueReflections View Post
    I apologize if my responses are a little off. I don't know that I understand this whole "reply with quote" thing, as well as having a title for a reply. It has been forever since I have been in the forums. LOL!
    I use Bambuser for now, until I find something better. Do you have any suggestions?
    Nah, I was just curious and since you seemed to be an experienced photographer I wondered if there was a good app or program to use. I was using quikvideo for a while but I found it has a few bugs I don't like, so I am always looking for new apps for this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast