• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC and Photography video, Auburn, WA (02 FEB 2014)

Geerolla

I don't understand the benefit of this. I get when you have an encounter going about your every day business (correct me if that was the case), but I don't see the point of doing something like this.

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

notalawyer

I don't understand the benefit of this. I get when you have an encounter going about your every day business (correct me if that was the case), but I don't see the point of doing something like this.

Sent from my UAV using Disposition Matrix 2.0

He is a photographer and an open carrier (both of which are often hassled by LEO.) It appears he does this every day/routinely.
He stated he posts both positive and negative encounters.
Seems like typical news gathering to me: Find out which cops obey the law and which ones don't. I see great benefit in that, personally.

Fuller Malarkey

That was quite the brain trust you encountered there. Had to have felt a bit like having four loose pit bulls come up on you..........You held up well.

Tell me....was that "pained restraint" I detected on those "peace officers" as they were panned with the camera? Kind of like a vampire reaction if someone raises the window shade on a sunny day.

Stimulated one of those ear worm flash backs:

"He came up expectin' me to do one of two things,
Flip or fly, I didn't do either one
It hung him up

He started sniffin' around my body tryin' to smell fear
But he ain't gonna smell no fear `cause
I'm God's own drunk and a fearless man
It hung him up
He looked right in my eyes, and my eyes
was a lot redder than his was
It hung him up"

Jimmy Buffet, "Gods Own Drunk"

Alpine

Rogue, when you have encounters with police do you stream your video recording to a remote internet source to guard against LEOs possibly taking your camera and deleting the recording? If so, what source do you use?

Tackleberry1

Good job Rouge

Activists like yourself help educate Cops and Open Carriers who are not advocates. Many of us OC simply for reasons of personal security and your efforts make it less likely that we will encounter armed asshats in costumes.

Thank you

Tack

Last edited:

RogueReflections

Alpine:

Rogue, when you have encounters with police do you stream your video recording to a remote internet source to guard against LEOs possibly taking your camera and deleting the recording? If so, what source do you use?

I apologize if my responses are a little off. I don't know that I understand this whole "reply with quote" thing, as well as having a title for a reply. It has been forever since I have been in the forums. LOL!
I use Bambuser for now, until I find something better. Do you have any suggestions?

mark-in-texas

Leaving their presence physically demonstrates your desire to terminate the conversation. Makes them the active aggressors toward any escalation.

tombrewster421

Leaving their presence physically demonstrates your desire to terminate the conversation. Makes them the active aggressors toward any escalation.

Stating that you don't wish to talk anymore and then not talking accomplishes the same without being bullied into leaving a place you have a right to be.

mark-in-texas

Did I say "leave" ?? Hell no.. Continue walking or doing whatever you were doing by all means. My point was that it takes two to make an argument. If they follow, it demonstrates their desire to agrivate the situation.