Thread: Ms resident

Ms resident

Hi, I live in Ms and have my cc, I frequent mobile to go to my doctor. I have looked on handgunlaw.us and I am still a little unsure on places I can and can't carry, also the site showed "no gun signs" do NOT have force of law, which I assume means they have no legal authority towards me or my firearm. If anyone could explain or provide a realiable source for al gun law that is easily understood and in-depth that would be very helpful.
    Criminals donít open carry, most donít wear holsters, none care that you have a No Gun sign up. Good job to all stores who posts signs, all of you have opened yourself to criminals. They now know that you are weak and they will have no resistance in your place of business.

Thanks, the site helped out on all but one issue. No gun signs....what are the rules? In Ms if you see a no gun sign you can not carry open or cc or it's trespassing, in my case I have my enhanced carry which allows me to carry in all but 4 places( police stations, courtrooms while a judge is present, place of nusence, and fed buildings),well 5 you can carry in schools if your a student of any school ( college included ). So if I have my cc and I see a sign I can still carry so long as it's conceld correct? Ie..a gas station or restaurant.
    Last edited by Glocklover20; 02-13-2014 at 11:58 PM.
    Criminals donít open carry, most donít wear holsters, none care that you have a No Gun sign up. Good job to all stores who posts signs, all of you have opened yourself to criminals. They now know that you are weak and they will have no resistance in your place of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Glocklover20 View Post
    Thanks, the site helped out on all but one issue. No gun signs....what are the rules? In Ms if you see a no gun sign you can not carry open or cc or it's trespassing, in my case I have my enhanced carry which allows me to carry in all but 4 places( police stations, courtrooms while a judge is present, place of nusence, and fed buildings),well 5 you can carry in schools if your a student of any school ( college included ). So if I have my cc and I see a sign I can still carry so long as it's conceld correct? Ie..a gas station or restaurant.
    No cite, so take it FWIW.

Signs have no weight in law except for property rights i.e. trespassing. CC carry past a sign, you get caught, the owner/manager can ask you to leave. Leave: all is good, no harm, no foul. Refuse to leave, LEOs get called, get a misdemeanor for trespassing. You don't get caught, no harm, no foul.

The bigger issue is, of course: why would you pass a "no guns sign" and therefore support an anti-gun company?

Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    No cite, so take it FWIW.

Signs have no weight in law except for property rights i.e. trespassing. CC carry past a sign, you get caught, the owner/manager can ask you to leave. Leave: all is good, no harm, no foul. Refuse to leave, LEOs get called, get a misdemeanor for trespassing. You don't get caught, no harm, no foul.

The bigger issue is, of course: why would you pass a "no guns sign" and therefore support an anti-gun company?
    We'll I try to avoid anti-gun stores but some times I have no choice in the matter, ie. not paying attention on a back road and fuel light comes on I need gas...no choice, that is completely hypothetical of course but you never know. I just want to be we'll informed on your states laws prior to my carrying there.