Thread: Cerakote

Cerakote

Anyone know of any gunsmiths around the Grand Rapids area that do cerakoting? Bachelders preps the gun and then sends it to someone else. They are currently unable to take guns in for cerakoting because they don't have anyone to send it to right now.

Ahh. I forgot about Silver bullet. Will call them. You guys know of anyone else?

Not sure about the GR area, however I can recommend http://mrarms.com/more.html. He has done a few firearms I own and has done a GREAT job. Better then Cerakote if you ask me, more colors and a more resilient finish. Had the wife's .38 Diamondkoted pink as per her request, a .44 Mag Desert Eagle, an AR-15 and a Remington shotgun. All done on time on budget and no issues with the finishes.

He has mail in service available. Good turn around times and he actually stands behind the work he does. VERY few people get to handle my firearms for repair but Mike really knows his stuff and has never let me down.

Hevy
    "God created man, Sam Colt made them equal."

Many moons ago, about 30, I had some guns teflon coated at a business that coated industrial gears. They were first bead blasted, then degreased, after the finish was applied baked. From what I have read there is no reason this process cannot be done by the individual. I am considering coating our Glock to make it look new.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Many moons ago, about 30, I had some guns teflon coated at a business that coated industrial gears. They were first bead blasted, then degreased, after the finish was applied baked. From what I have read there is no reason this process cannot be done by the individual. I am considering coating our Glock to make it look new.
    How did that coating hold up, and do you know the advantages of teflon coating? I never heard of it for a firearm so I am curious.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    How did that coating hold up, and do you know the advantages of teflon coating? I never heard of it for a firearm so I am curious.
    Well with one of the 50 round drum mags in a bump fired G17 - you can get the slide hot enough to cook individual slices of bacon. This means non stick cooking & shooting.

Seriously - this sounds like a promising idea IMHO.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    Fantastic, this is a treatment that was used for industrial gears, not only did it prevent corrosion, it acted as a lubricant reducing the heat of the gears. The original telfon finish flowed into the pores of the metal. It the metal is treated correctly it will not come off, though it wears like any finish.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Well with one of the 50 round drum mags in a bump fired G17 - you can get the slide hot enough to cook individual slices of bacon. This means non stick cooking & shooting.

Seriously - this sounds like a promising idea IMHO.
    Damn you making me hungry lol

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Fantastic, this is a treatment that was used for industrial gears, not only did it prevent corrosion, it acted as a lubricant reducing the heat of the gears. The original telfon finish flowed into the pores of the metal. It the metal is treated correctly it will not come off, though it wears like any finish.
    Thank you

Cool New Cerakote Location

Hey guys,

New to the forum, but wanted to let you know about Grand Rapids only factory certified cerakote location. We'd be happy to help you out! Not sure if I can openly post my phone number on here, but check out our facebook page. It has all of our info there. Shoot us any questions you have.

https://www.facebook.com/WMCerakote

Thanks,

West Michigan Cerakote
    Last edited by WestMichiganCerakote; 05-07-2015 at 03:49 PM.