• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Groupon Deal - Proactive Shooters

TFred

I was glad to notice a few months ago when Groupon resumed listing firearms training. Of course that didn't get quite as much publicity as when they stopped...

Would be interesting to know if Jim picks up much business from them.

TFred

solus

when the shootings hit the news a couple of years ago, Aurora CO, etc., Groupon issued a very public statement saying they would no longer sponsor firearm training or shooting activities...

but proactive is not having their students shoot in this course but rather doing a lecture only
'With a proactive approach to firearms safety, the five-hour course covers handgun and ammunition nomenclature, basic rules of safety, safe storage techniques, and more. During course, students learn about keeping children safe from firearms, the causes of accidents, and the proper handling of malfunctions '

apparently the greed of money for Groupon has soften that stance.

sad part proactive shooters is only making under half of what each customer is paying.

ipse

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
My wife came across this (and bought one)... just passing it along in case it benefits others too...

https://www.groupon.com/deals/proactive-shooters

Thank you for posting this, Blk97F150!

We've done similar deals in the past with Living Social and Amazon Local. Groupon pursued us, so we decided to give them a try. Unfortunately, they are under extreme pressure from the anti-gunners, so our ad purposely cannot say anything about the dreaded phrase, concealed carry. I'm not thrilled about that, but if the deals gets us a few customers, we're happy to at least provide those folks with good training which they can use to apply for their CHP.

TFred

Thank you for posting this, Blk97F150!

We've done similar deals in the past with Living Social and Amazon Local. Groupon pursued us, so we decided to give them a try. Unfortunately, they are under extreme pressure from the anti-gunners, so our ad purposely cannot say anything about the dreaded phrase, concealed carry. I'm not thrilled about that, but if the deals gets us a few customers, we're happy to at least provide those folks with good training which they can use to apply for their CHP.
Can you say, "Virginia's permit?" :)

TFred