• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

19 States file briefs in mans fight against New Jersey carry law.

alphamale

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ht-against-new-jersey-concealed-weapons-law/#

CHEYENNE, Wyo. – Wyoming is leading a coalition of 19 states asking the U.S. Supreme Court to let them submit a brief supporting a New Jersey man's challenge to that state's concealed weapons law.

The Wyoming Attorney General's Office, acting as lawyer for Wyoming and the other states, on Wednesday asked the Supreme Court to grant a hearing to John M. Drake and others who are challenging a recent appeals court ruling.

A three-judge panel of the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals last summer ruled against Drake's challenge to a provision in New Jersey law that says people seeking permits to carry a concealed firearm must prove to police that they have a justifiable need...

more at link provided above.

davidmcbeth

Banned
I think that the mere fact that judges would see willing to take away a right is evidence in itself that all persons have the RKBA unconditionally.

Baked on Grease

These briefs better cite the 9th circuit ruling handed down a few days ago that struck down the 'good cause' or justifiable need clauses as unconstitutional.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk