Thread: Curious

Curious

Anyone going to the monster truck show this weekend?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It will be at Hampton colisium. Spelling is off. I had plan to Oc, and was curious if anyone was attending.

Hey Bro...

Went last year... Very crowded... Wanding conducted at the door.... However very ineffective - when we went my wife and I were CCing (due to unfamiliarity with venue, crowd and not wanting to have to store in vehicle).

We enter the Coliseum and are subjected to the wanding (both are carrying @3 o'clock - her spare mag in pocket, my 2 @9 o'clock) both of our wands go off, she gets asked if it was her keys (no questions directed towards me) and she identifies it as being a gun. Security goes and retrieves a Hampton PD Sgt who comes over and says "You have a handgun?" My wife "yes, would you like to see my permit" cop "please"... cop "they normally tell us to ask people to store their guns in their cars BUT no one said anything to me this time, just please be careful and enjoy the show."

My next venue at the Coliseum, taking my 14 year old to see Skillet and 3 Days Grace and plan on having change in my left pocket and keys in my right... If they ask to see what set the wand off, it will be keys and pocket change (and I can show them if they like)...

Quote Originally Posted by AFCop View Post
    Hey Bro...

Went last year... Very crowded... Wanding conducted at the door.... However very ineffective - when we went my wife and I were CCing (due to unfamiliarity with venue, crowd and not wanting to have to store in vehicle).

We enter the Coliseum and are subjected to the wanding (both are carrying @3 o'clock - her spare mag in pocket, my 2 @9 o'clock) both of our wands go off, she gets asked if it was her keys (no questions directed towards me) and she identifies it as being a gun. Security goes and retrieves a Hampton PD Sgt who comes over and says "You have a handgun?" My wife "yes, would you like to see my permit" cop "please"... cop "they normally tell us to ask people to store their guns in their cars BUT no one said anything to me this time, just please be careful and enjoy the show."

My next venue at the Coliseum, taking my 14 year old to see Skillet and 3 Days Grace and plan on having change in my left pocket and keys in my right... If they ask to see what set the wand off, it will be keys and pocket change (and I can show them if they like)...
    I'm guessing they'll just wand you until the alerts stop.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Doesn't matter, I never got to go. Battery terminal on the explorer went bad and broke. Spent Sat., at work then fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2a4all View Post
    I'm guessing they'll just wand you until the alerts stop.
    Not if they employ the same security regularly...

When I was wanded last year, the person who wanded me didn't even ask me any questions... Maybe I will carry appendix and tell them I have a prince albert... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by mpguy View Post
    Doesn't matter, I never got to go. Battery terminal on the explorer went bad and broke. Spent Sat., at work then fixing it.

Sucks you didn't get to go... Have you been the Coliseum for it before? It really isn't that spectacular because of the small size of the venue... I hear the Virginia Beach one is much better (and on the beach).

Quote Originally Posted by AFCop View Post
    Sucks you didn't get to go... Have you been the Coliseum for it before? It really isn't that spectacular because of the small size of the venue... I hear the Virginia Beach one is much better (and on the beach).
    Yea, family got to go last year. I didn't carry though because at the time, I didn't know who ran the show, when it came to the say of yah or nah of firearms. Places like that, I don't leave nothing I don't regret losing, in the truck. Never got wanded, which I thought was funny.

I went some where at the beach to a gun show last year for my Large pistol primers. That may have been it.

Guess I didn't do it bad for my first time.