Thread: Don't point guns unless your willing to get shot....

Don't point guns unless your willing to get shot....

"This surveillance video posted by the Tribune shows the whole incident. The cop was putting gas in his car when three men approached and surrounded him. One pointed a gun at him as another searched his car.

The cop is seen fumbling in his pocket with his left hand before suddenly drawing with his right and shooting the gunman, 16, point blank. The other two men scatter, but the sergeant remains at the scene and kicks the wounded perp’s gun out of the way when he struggles to rise

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/11/off-duty-cop-shoots-and-kills-a-teen-robbing-him-at-gunpoint-video/#ixzz2tKwaOIiC"

Good video of the whole incident.

I like the "fumble in left pocket, draw with right" I might have to practice that.

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    "This surveillance video posted by the Tribune shows the whole incident. The cop was putting gas in his car when three men approached and surrounded him. One pointed a gun at him as another searched his car.

The cop is seen fumbling in his pocket with his left hand before suddenly drawing with his right and shooting the gunman, 16, point blank. The other two men scatter, but the sergeant remains at the scene and kicks the wounded perp’s gun out of the way when he struggles to rise

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/11/off-duty-cop-shoots-and-kills-a-teen-robbing-him-at-gunpoint-video/#ixzz2tKwaOIiC"

Good video of the whole incident.

I like the "fumble in left pocket, draw with right" I might have to practice that.
    Fortunately the intended victim was an off-duty PO. A lowly LAC in the same situation at that gas station would have been SOL . . .
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Quote Originally Posted by Running Wolf View Post
    Fortunately the intended victim was an off-duty PO. A lowly LAC in the same situation at that gas station would have been SOL . . .
    ? What

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Concealed carry in Illinois has only recently become legal. The cost and difficulty of getting a license is prohibitive. It's possible that an ordinary citizen might have been legally carrying at that gas station, but extremely unlikely. I doubt there have been any licenses granted in Cook county yet.
    When rights are outlawed only outlaws will have rights.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people. - Catherine Engelbrecht

Concealed carry in Illinois has only recently become legal. The cost and difficulty of getting a license is prohibitive. It's possible that an ordinary citizen might have been legally carrying at that gas station, but extremely unlikely. I doubt there have been any licenses granted in Cook county yet.
    Oh ok in understand. Well hopefully this can be used as an example as to why they should allow more LAC to have the license and carry.

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Banned
    Was in Illinois a few weeks ago ... people are lining up for licenses .. some thieves running improper "training" sessions have created some headaches ... someone there should argue that training cannot be required. The judge in Moore might agree .. after all, his uncle understood.

Notice what the third man was doing. Going for the 'goods' in the front seat, through the passenger door. Lesson: Besides the obvious, don't fuel up at night, lock your passenger door. There are reports of entry by thieves via that door even in daylight.

(Note to Primus - it is Don't point guns unless YOU'RE willing to get shot (contraction for you are not 'YOUR'. Occasionally gets a pass but you do it every time - maybe you don't know how to spell it right.)

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Notice what the third man was doing. Going for the 'goods' in the front seat, through the passenger door. Lesson: Besides the obvious, don't fuel up at night, lock your passenger door. There are reports of entry by thieves via that door even in daylight.

(Note to Primus - it is Don't point guns unless YOU'RE willing to get shot (contraction for you are not 'YOUR'. Occasionally gets a pass but you do it every time - maybe you don't know how to spell it right.)
    Thanks.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by primus View Post
    oh ok in understand. Well hopefully this can be used as an example as to why they should allow more lac to have the license and carry.

Sent from my xt907 using tapatalk
    qft edit: except remove licensure
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 02-16-2014 at 10:47 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

Oh ok in understand. Well hopefully this can be used as an example as to why they should allow more LAC to have the license and carry.

IF a citizen is not prohibited by the GCA of 1968, WHY IN THE HELL would they be required to get a license to practice a RIGHT?
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuller Malarkey View Post
    IF a citizen is not prohibited by the GCA of 1968, WHY IN THE HELL would they be required to get a license to practice a RIGHT?
    Exactly ... it shows that politicians still don't recognize RKBA is an actual right.

Should not be surprising when you look at all the arguments made in support of gun control legislation and bills over the years....

Even today, exempting government officials from gun restrictions is showing that they just want to control the population as our main "self-defense" basis is to protect ourselves from THEM.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Well now I feel silly for qfting. It should read that this is an example of why they should stop legislatively infringing on lac's rights
    Advocate freedom please

The 2nd Amendment is the license to carry. Anything beyond that is infringement.

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.
    Open means open...

Quote Originally Posted by independence View Post
    The 2nd Amendment is the license to carry. Anything beyond that is infringement.

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.
    My point was it could be used to show the need for the ability to carry firearms. They are just taking steps down the road to make that happen. So hopefully this will push that progress.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't watch that crap. I dunno what they were trying to do there.

Here's the same video, in color, without all the crap, and with some Arab dude(?) giving commentary at the end:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f6e_1392219642

More proof that carrying is better than not. And that good tactics win the day.

Blogged it a few days ago. :-)

http://likeomggunsareforlosers.blogs...ust-carry.html

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by wimwag View Post
    More proof that carrying is better than not. And that good tactics win the day.

Blogged it a few days ago. :-)

http://likeomggunsareforlosers.blogs...ust-carry.html

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2
    +1 reminds me of the time in 2007 while in the Orlando area a guy decided he wanted my PU at a gas station, thought better of it when the HK cleared leather... No I did not have to shoot, he was smart enough not to pursue the issue....

Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Wish we had a video that wasn't edited.

*edit* found one on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivljdbm86Cw
    Last edited by WNCTarheel; 02-28-2014 at 05:57 PM.

I thought the second angle in the original link was a nice shot. If you go to that link skip toward the end and you get a shot from further off.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/11/of...#ixzz2tKwaOIiC
    Last edited by willy1094; 03-23-2014 at 10:31 AM. Reason: another add of clickable link