• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't point guns unless your willing to get shot....

Primus

"This surveillance video posted by the Tribune shows the whole incident. The cop was putting gas in his car when three men approached and surrounded him. One pointed a gun at him as another searched his car.

The cop is seen fumbling in his pocket with his left hand before suddenly drawing with his right and shooting the gunman, 16, point blank. The other two men scatter, but the sergeant remains at the scene and kicks the wounded perp’s gun out of the way when he struggles to rise

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/11/off-duty-cop-shoots-and-kills-a-teen-robbing-him-at-gunpoint-video/#ixzz2tKwaOIiC"

Good video of the whole incident.

I like the "fumble in left pocket, draw with right" I might have to practice that.

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
"This surveillance video posted by the Tribune shows the whole incident. The cop was putting gas in his car when three men approached and surrounded him. One pointed a gun at him as another searched his car.

The cop is seen fumbling in his pocket with his left hand before suddenly drawing with his right and shooting the gunman, 16, point blank. The other two men scatter, but the sergeant remains at the scene and kicks the wounded perp’s gun out of the way when he struggles to rise

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/11/off-duty-cop-shoots-and-kills-a-teen-robbing-him-at-gunpoint-video/#ixzz2tKwaOIiC"

Good video of the whole incident.

I like the "fumble in left pocket, draw with right" I might have to practice that.

Fortunately the intended victim was an off-duty PO. A lowly LAC in the same situation at that gas station would have been SOL . . .

Running Wolf

Campaign Veteran
Concealed carry in Illinois has only recently become legal. The cost and difficulty of getting a license is prohibitive. It's possible that an ordinary citizen might have been legally carrying at that gas station, but extremely unlikely. I doubt there have been any licenses granted in Cook county yet.

Primus

Concealed carry in Illinois has only recently become legal. The cost and difficulty of getting a license is prohibitive. It's possible that an ordinary citizen might have been legally carrying at that gas station, but extremely unlikely. I doubt there have been any licenses granted in Cook county yet.

Oh ok in understand. Well hopefully this can be used as an example as to why they should allow more LAC to have the license and carry.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

davidmcbeth

Banned

Was in Illinois a few weeks ago ... people are lining up for licenses .. some thieves running improper "training" sessions have created some headaches ... someone there should argue that training cannot be required. The judge in Moore might agree .. after all, his uncle understood.

Maverick9

Notice what the third man was doing. Going for the 'goods' in the front seat, through the passenger door. Lesson: Besides the obvious, don't fuel up at night, lock your passenger door. There are reports of entry by thieves via that door even in daylight.

(Note to Primus - it is Don't point guns unless YOU'RE willing to get shot (contraction for you are not 'YOUR'. Occasionally gets a pass but you do it every time - maybe you don't know how to spell it right.)

Primus

Notice what the third man was doing. Going for the 'goods' in the front seat, through the passenger door. Lesson: Besides the obvious, don't fuel up at night, lock your passenger door. There are reports of entry by thieves via that door even in daylight.

(Note to Primus - it is Don't point guns unless YOU'RE willing to get shot (contraction for you are not 'YOUR'. Occasionally gets a pass but you do it every time - maybe you don't know how to spell it right.)

Thanks.

stealthyeliminator

oh ok in understand. Well hopefully this can be used as an example as to why they should allow more lac to have the license and carry.

Sent from my xt907 using tapatalk

qft edit: except remove licensure

Last edited:

Fuller Malarkey

Oh ok in understand. Well hopefully this can be used as an example as to why they should allow more LAC to have the license and carry.

IF a citizen is not prohibited by the GCA of 1968, WHY IN THE HELL would they be required to get a license to practice a RIGHT?

davidmcbeth

Banned
IF a citizen is not prohibited by the GCA of 1968, WHY IN THE HELL would they be required to get a license to practice a RIGHT?

Exactly ... it shows that politicians still don't recognize RKBA is an actual right.

Should not be surprising when you look at all the arguments made in support of gun control legislation and bills over the years....

Even today, exempting government officials from gun restrictions is showing that they just want to control the population as our main "self-defense" basis is to protect ourselves from THEM.

stealthyeliminator

Well now I feel silly for qfting. It should read that this is an example of why they should stop legislatively infringing on lac's rights

independence

The 2nd Amendment is the license to carry. Anything beyond that is infringement.

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.

Primus

The 2nd Amendment is the license to carry. Anything beyond that is infringement.

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.

My point was it could be used to show the need for the ability to carry firearms. They are just taking steps down the road to make that happen. So hopefully this will push that progress.

Sheldon

More proof that carrying is better than not. And that good tactics win the day.

Blogged it a few days ago. :)

http://likeomggunsareforlosers.blogspot.com/2014/02/open-carry-concealed-carry-just-carry.html

Sent from my ZTE V768 using Tapatalk 2

+1 reminds me of the time in 2007 while in the Orlando area a guy decided he wanted my PU at a gas station, thought better of it when the HK cleared leather... No I did not have to shoot, he was smart enough not to pursue the issue....