• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Purdy new grips!

HPmatt

OP by my count you've got 5 comments on your grips out of 19, haven't studied other threads but this is about a 75% noise ratio - not bad for a non-legal thread.

Grips do look very nice.

Reminds me of the Gibson Guitar kerfluffle when the Feds seized several million $ of wood citing the Lacey act. Just returned it to them and they've been making the Government series guitars with that wood.

TCP1984

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Kopis

maybe it's just me but I'm not feeling the rosewood on the sig. To each their own though. I have it on my kimber ultra CDP and think it looks pretty good although im probably about to get some VZs and go for the more black/silver theme.

Something about wood flooring, furniture, gun grips etc. They just feel good, maybe because it isnt as cold as metal.

TCP1984

Something about wood flooring, furniture, gun grips etc. They just feel good, maybe because it isnt as cold as metal.

Yes, it's the warm organic feel that you just can't get with the stock plastic or G10 grips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kopis

Yes, it's the warm organic feel that you just can't get with the stock plastic or G10 grips.

yes sir, i believe you are correct. Reminds me of using a new plastic handled ax compared to my trusty gransfors bruks hickory handled ax. The GB just feels so much better.

Enjoy the Sig, they're great guns. FBI carries them i believe. Memphis PD does as well (which seems like an unnecessary expense to me as they could probably get glocks for hundreds less) but hey, we're only in debt a $700 million!

WalkingWolf

yes sir, i believe you are correct. Reminds me of using a new plastic handled ax compared to my trusty gransfors bruks hickory handled ax. The GB just feels so much better.

Enjoy the Sig, they're great guns. FBI carries them i believe. Memphis PD does as well (which seems like an unnecessary expense to me as they could probably get glocks for hundreds less) but hey, we're only in debt a $700 million!

When the federal government is buying them with monopoly money the LEA could care less how much they cost.

zoom6zoom

I recently upgraded one of mine with the same grips and love them; This isn't my daily carry 229, it's my dressin' up 229. It's also a limited edition of which SIG build only 215.

(clickable thumbnail due to the size of original)

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to OcDO TP

The rosewood does look good. I had rosewood on one of my Zs for a while but I live in Washington State and we get a great deal of rain. Rosewood does not appreciate getting wet repeatedly. Maybe a set in teak.

I like the ivory and I want a set of them for my P-64 for dress-up or formal. DavidMcB the ivory gripped pistol you posted looked like pearl. Remember what Patton said about them.