Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Move out and Draw fire. Open Carrier's speech at a constitutional rights rally.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Move out and Draw fire. Open Carrier's speech at a constitutional rights rally.

Ok that OC'er was me.

Nervous as hell so my faux paxs make me whince and I don't really like being the center of attention yet I thought I would share with my OC community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ1O...ature=youtu.be

FUQ "The constitution gives us no rights"
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 02-16-2014 at 09:30 AM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Ok that OC'er was me.

Nervous as hell so my faux paxs make me whince and I don't really like being the center of attention yet I thought I would share with my OC community.

FUQ "The constitution gives us no rights"
    Aha!! Now, the story comes out. I suspected as much.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Aha!! Now, the story comes out. I suspected as much.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Ok that OC'er was me. Nervous as hell so my faux paxs make me whince and I don't really like being the center of attention yet I thought I would share with my OC community. FUQ "The constitution gives us no rights"
    If you're the rights holder then don't hide your brilliance under a FUQ in a basket. Inquiring minds wanna know.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    If you're the rights holder then don't hide your brilliance under a FUQ in a basket. Inquiring minds wanna know.
    Oh wow my link disappeared! I swear I posted it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ1O...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 02-16-2014 at 09:30 AM.

Rob, that was AWESOME. (standing applause)

libertarianism gives me chub. Good stuff, svg.

Wowwie!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Rob, that was AWESOME. (standing applause)
    Much appreciation to you for your efforts!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

rights rally

Rob, Great speech and thanks for your service. But check your history Ed. [Claudette Colvin] Born September 5, 1939.

Very good speech - once you got going you weren't nervous at all. Sorry about your cousin but thanks to him & his brother for their service.
    We basically are the American Englishmen, with English common law rights, but no king. Geo Washington passed on the opportunity like that of Cincinnatus.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Thank you for the video link, and thank you for what you do. I believe you've got something there with the "Move out and draw Fire" to build on.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

Thank you all! I was nervous about sharing and glad I did.

Quick Question? Why was this moved to Washington state forum? I didn't think it was state specific only?

Quote Originally Posted by 40grit View Post
    Rob, Great speech and thanks for your service. But check your history Ed. [Claudette Colvin] Born September 5, 1939.
    Slight correction, I never served, I have a problem with "authority"..... I have great respect for those who do and none for the politicians who put them in harms way.

Thank you greatly for the reminder, I would never want to demean anyone's efforts for moving out and drawing fire. Claudette Colvin is a hero!
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 02-17-2014 at 09:50 AM.

Founder's Club Member
    SNIP I have a problem with "authority".....
    Lots of people do. Enough such that you'd think "authorities" would take a hint and wonder, "Gee, I wonder if there is something about 'authority' that violates the fundamental nature of Man, the human spirit, the human mind?"
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Thank you all! I was nervous about sharing and glad I did.
    A good example of the importance of individual perspective:

You focus on your nervousness.

I focused on the conviction in your voice. It gives as much credibility to your presentation as do the words.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

Lots of people do. Enough such that you'd think "authorities" would take a hint and wonder, "Gee, I wonder if there is something about 'authority' that violates the fundamental nature of Man, the human spirit, the human mind?"
    careful.....next thing you know folks will be advocating that parental authority be challenged.....more than is already done so by the parent's kids.

Good stuff svg. I wanted to clap and cheer with the crowd at the end of your speech, but I don't think the other people in the cube farm with me would have been too happy about that.

Unabridged

Slight correction, I never served, I have a problem with "authority"..... I have great respect for those who do and none for the politicians who put them in harms way.

Thank you greatly for the reminder, I would never want to demean anyone's efforts for moving out and drawing fire. Claudette Colvin is a hero!
    Rob you need a better dictionay try unabridged. service [n: 1. an act of help or assitance ]

Correction: you ARE serving, surely in part due to your problem with illegitimate authority.

Your service is of EQUAL value to any other citizen's service (be it a Judge, LEO, or military member, etc.).

Thanks.
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 02-17-2014 at 02:39 PM.

I remember that day. Several of us were in the crowd applauding you. Good work mate.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    I remember that day. Several of us were in the crowd applauding you. Good work mate.
    Thanks! And it would be wrong for me to not mention your good work along with SkyisFalling and Doc in Manning the OC booth a well appreciated booth and info by the organizers and attendees.

Quote Originally Posted by 40grit View Post
    Rob you need a better dictionay try unabridged. service [n: 1. an act of help or assitance ]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    Correction: you ARE serving, surely in part due to your problem with illegitimate authority.

Your service is of EQUAL value to any other citizen's service (be it a Judge, LEO, or military member, etc.).

Thanks.
    I stand corrected again, thank you! I made a wrong assumption.

Good point!

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post

Thanks.
    +1!

In fact, I would argue his and similar servants' are even more valuable. The baker, bricklayer, and accountant serve by creating valuable products and services desired by others who freely exchange for those products and services. SVG and others of like commitment are trying to create an environment whereby everybody enjoys even greater freedom to produce, to improve their condition*.

*I have little enough respect for the tyrant and constitution-destroying Abe Lincoln. But, he did get one thing sorta right. He said he believed the proper function of government was to keep the road clear for people to improve their own condition. Of course, he was lying--his actions tend to prove he didn't believe it. But, he at least said it. Of course, that role of government assumes the premise that government, as perpetrated against common folk these last 4500 years, is necessary and proper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast