Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Cadre

The Cadre

I decided to start this thread in response to an amusing suggestion by Fuller Malarkey:

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller Malarkey View Post
    I hereby make a motion that in addition to the current member role identifiers of Founding Member, Campaign Veteran, Regular Member, there be added to the list two new unique and descriptive member roles:

1. The Cadre

2. Rouge Moderator [RM as a term of endearment]

Discussion is open concerning the "qualifiers" for each.
    I hereby second this admirable suggestion, with the further observation that those individuals to whom the epithets apply already know who they are (at least, as of now).

What say y'all?

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    I decided to start this thread in response to an amusing suggestion by Fuller Malarkey:

I hereby second this admirable suggestion, with the further observation that those individuals to whom the epithets apply already know who they are (at least, as of now).

What say y'all?
    Great way to make more division in a community. Also even better way to reinforce or reward certain behavior.

Also more importantly it'd have the effect of shrinking the community not increasing it. If the intent is to to have a "cool kids club" then get an email chain and speak that way since there's only 3 or 4 members anyways. Don't do it in the public view because you'll drag down those that have taken great pains to elevate the movement or change image/beliefs (not remotely implying that's me).

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    "The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post

What say y'all?
    If it will PO the whiners, then by all means!

Maybe we should also add a third category for "whiner".
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 02-16-2014 at 05:27 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

I vote: "Also ran."

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post

Perfect example. I thought this was an adult forum. Not grade school. But I've been wrong before.

"The wicked flee when no man persueth: but the righteous are as bold as a lion" Proverbs 28:1

As I was told in my work, "You will be known by your bearing and presence!" Co-workers had appealed to our boss for more than a tangled-'atom' hole and our name on our hard hats.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-16-2014 at 06:11 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Primus View Post
    Perfect example. I thought this was an adult forum. Not grade school. But I've been wrong before.

And there he is, right on time...
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

"Personally, I'd never want to be a member of any group where you either have to wear a hat or you can't wear a hat."

-George Carlin

George Carlin was paid, worked, until he died. Be sure to retire while young enough to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post

When I proposed this new user epitaph, I mentioned The "IFW" class.

"And to be all inclusive, there could be a special designator "IFW" for the incessant whiner[s]."

Typing "inclusive" made me throw up in my mouth a little. There would be NO hard feelings on my part if that were restated to reflect the forum's dim view and acceptance of whining.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...=1#post2035146

I think WW would be a good objective person to assign that moniker to those who've earned it.

....and I have a nomination for the member to be "The Queen of the Cadre".
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

Further, in adding "The Cadre", it could be the ceremonial departure, the living memorial to the legacy of the now gone contributor that showed us how to "move on" and so lovingly coined and assigned that epitaph of "The Cadre".

My eyes just welled up a little. He'd be proud to know he left his mark.
    Last edited by Fuller Malarkey; 02-16-2014 at 07:42 PM.
    Liberty is so strongly a part of human nature that it can be treated as a no-lose argument position.
    ~Citizen

From the cop’s perspective, the expression “law-abiding citizen” is a functional synonym for “Properly obedient slave".

"People are not born being "anti-cop" and believing we live in a police state. That is a result of experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    George Carlin was paid, worked, until he died. Be sure to retire while young enough to enjoy it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	retire after die.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	11277
    Last edited by scott58dh; 02-16-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scott58dh View Post

Name:	retire after die.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	11277
    My "status" was forced on me because of financial, as opposed to meaningful, support of some issue or event or something.

The status I cherish is the one that other posters here have given me - crusty old curmudgeon.

Y'all want to call each other names, feel free to go ahead. Just don't be surprised when other folks start treating you like those that call other people names.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    My "status" was forced on me because of financial, as opposed to meaningful, support of some issue or event or something.

The status I cherish is the one that other posters here have given me - crusty old curmudgeon.

Y'all want to call each other names, feel free to go ahead. Just don't be surprised when other folks start treating you like those that call other people names.

stay safe.
    Skid, you are wise beyond you years, just don't tell anyone I said so.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller Malarkey View Post
    Further, in adding "The Cadre", it could be the ceremonial departure, the living memorial to the legacy of the now gone contributor that showed us how to "move on" and so lovingly coined and assigned that epitaph of "The Cadre".

My eyes just welled up a little. He'd be proud to know he left his mark.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    We are what other people think we are...at least to them. If we can but be true to ourselves, our beliefs, our standards, others will recognize that and see us more clearly than we envision ourselves.

No title means more than brother/friend. Words of disrespect, must always be considered in the light of intent and source. A reputation on this forum is earned the hard way - we contribute to that daily.

There is no benefit in flogging one who has departed this group. In spite of all things, I wish him well.

Insofar as adding to or changing the status/title - that I leave to John for whatever reason(s) he determines.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Is there any member list for this "Cadre," application form, etc? Also, at what point did "The Cadre" become known as a "cool kid's club"
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Also, at what point did "The Cadre" become known as a "cool kid's club"
    I dunno, pretty much at the point when eye95 started referring to all the cool kids as "The Cadre".

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Is there any member list for this "Cadre," application form, etc? Also, at what point did "The Cadre" become known as a "cool kid's club"
    No dues or fees for membership, the only requirement an honest desire for liberty.

....and I suspect you'll be a "Charter Member".

There's Statist infiltrators here. In fact, one started a thread attempting to ridicule open carriers protesting harassment and abuse at the hands of government thugs just yesterday. "The Cadre" as a unique user identification would be similar to wearing a button that states "Anti-Statism".

"A statist is a man who believes that some men have the right to force, coerce, enslave, rob, and murder others. To be put into practice, this belief has to be implemented by the political doctrine that the government—the state—has the right to initiate the use of physical force against its citizens. How often force is to be used, against whom, to what extent, for what purpose and for whose benefit, are irrelevant questions. The basic principle and the ultimate results of all statist doctrines are the same: dictatorship and destruction. The rest is only a matter of time."
    ~Ayn Rand

Name:	boston tanks.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	11280
    ~Citizen

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug. - Mark Twain

The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause. - Mark Twain
    Just sayin.....too much sometimes, it seems.

Banned
    I would add "The Lazy" ... for people who ask questions about the law w/o attempting to cite anything to which they have a question of...and without clearly even trying to read relevant statues.

Like "I have a CCW permit, can I carry a gun under my hat?" ....

Again referring to my work; we were instructed to not ask questions about which we could not detect an ignorant or lying answer. IOW, don't ask a question in public until ones private resources have been utilized to the fullest and exhausted.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

stay safe.
    COC?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I bit of humor goes a long way, I will give my "aye" to it. Although I was surprised to be told I was not a member of the cadre.

On another note Eye95 did have some good input and has left a few legacies like his talent for coming up with sticky short acronomyns like "FUQ" which is a great idea.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar

Rouge Moderator

Why no discussion about this “Rouge Moderator?”

Does the “Rouge Moderator” get a gold star?

I think this Rouge Moderator should be of few words, but only when acting as a Rouge Moderator.

I believe the only phrases allowed to be used as a Rouge Moderator are as follows:

SHUT-UP!!!

YOUR MOMMA!!!

STIFLE-IT!!!

HOLD IT DOWN!!!

STAND IN THE CORNER!!!

TIME OUT!!!

TAKE IT BACK!!!

And yes, all caps must be used.

Terms not permitted to be used by the Rouge Moderator, with good reason, are:

move on

moving on

not moving on

ANY QUESTIONS???????????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast