Thread: My Parents Open Carry book has won an award

My Parents Open Carry book has won an award

Saw on MCRGO's Facebook page today that Brain Jeff's and Nathan Nephew's book, My Parents Open Carry, has received an award. The award they received is "Creepiest Book of the 21st Century" by The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence. Congratulations guys. Looks like you're now award winning authors!
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Can you provide a link to look at the book? I don't "do" facebooooook."
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

It seems this has spawned a rash of fake reviews (mostly 1- and 5-star reviews, the latter all being of the sort "this book helps me teach my daughter to shoot kids who threaten her!" crap) on Amazon.

I reported them all as inappropriate, obviously abusive (they're all from the last two days ). I would suggest folks do that rather than posting more reviews, if they haven't bought the book.

My Parents Open Carry Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Parents-carry-.../dp/098317511X

Hmmm, currently out of stock and with no e-book edition at Amazon.

Here is the e-book PDF at

http://store.whitefeatherpress.com/e...pen-carry.html
    Last edited by Nightmare; 02-16-2014 at 05:19 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Saw on MCRGO's Facebook page today that Brain Jeff's and Nathan Nephew's book, My Parents Open Carry, has received an award. The award they received is "Creepiest Book of the 21st Century" by The Coalition to Stop Gun Violence. Congratulations guys. Looks like you're now award winning authors!
    Just like everything else they do [half-asses] the coalition is only 3 years late to the party!

I think they could do a far creepier book called "you took your kid to school while unarmed, like we told you to, & watched her & others get shot while you frantically dialed 911...just before you got killed."

What a bunch of ghouls over at the coalition to maintain school "fish in a barrel" shooting zones. Stupid is, as stupid does in their case.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 02-16-2014 at 06:27 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/Parents-carry-.../dp/098317511X

Hmmm, currently out of stock and with no e-book edition at Amazon.

Here is the e-book PDF at

http://store.whitefeatherpress.com/e...pen-carry.html
    You can order it from Amazon, they order from publisher.

Or here for less www.myparentsopencarry.com and get a different book free.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    amazon reviews could use some help... right now the negative outnumber the positive
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    amazon reviews could use some help... right now the negative outnumber the positive
    I didn't bother to read Amazon's policies on abusive reviews but I reported as abusive every review left since that CAGV "award" "nomination" was posted on FB.

Lightbulb

Well I've read it to my daughter and she's only five. She gets it! So those making goofy reviews are....well...goofy. May their cars break down on them in the Cass Corridor on their way back from a Tigers game this summer....boy I bet they wished they followed the examples shown in "My parents open carry" then!

Those that mock, do so often from ignorance. May karma lay out plenty of real-world learning for them.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 02-21-2014 at 08:16 PM. Reason: add content
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi