• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Marsh is on our side...I'll be a son of a Burch....Marsh is speaking on behalf of

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm confused, it looks like Marsh voted against it... Why would he be speaking for the bill if he was going to vote no?

TFred

He voted against it in committee and admitted so on the floor today. He also said he had a change of heart and both spoke in support of and voted for it, today. I damn near fainted.

TFred

Looks like his change of heart confused the voting computers too! This is why I am confused:

HB 962 Concealed handgun; carrying in a secured container or compartment in vehicle.
floor: 02/17/14 Senate: Passed Senate (27-Y 13-N)

YEAS--Alexander, Black, Carrico, Cosgrove, Deeds, Edwards, Garrett, Hanger, Lewis, Martin, McDougle, McWaters, Newman, Norment, Obenshain, Petersen, Puckett, Reeves, Ruff, Smith, Stanley, Stosch, Stuart, Vogel, Wagner, Watkins, Wexton--27.

NAYS--Barker, Colgan, Ebbin, Favola, Howell, Locke, Lucas, Marsden, Marsh, McEachin, Miller, Puller, Saslaw--13.

RULE 36--0.

NOT VOTING--0.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Looks like his change of heart confused the voting computers too! This is why I am confused:

HB 962 Concealed handgun; carrying in a secured container or compartment in vehicle.
floor: 02/17/14 Senate: Passed Senate (27-Y 13-N)

YEAS--Alexander, Black, Carrico, Cosgrove, Deeds, Edwards, Garrett, Hanger, Lewis, Martin, McDougle, McWaters, Newman, Norment, Obenshain, Petersen, Puckett, Reeves, Ruff, Smith, Stanley, Stosch, Stuart, Vogel, Wagner, Watkins, Wexton--27.

NAYS--Barker, Colgan, Ebbin, Favola, Howell, Locke, Lucas, Marsden, Marsh, McEachin, Miller, Puller, Saslaw--13.

RULE 36--0.

NOT VOTING--0.

Sure does. They don't list the votes by name live. Why would he speak in favor of the bill which he did...I have it on video...then vote against it?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Sure does. They don't list the votes by name live. Why would he speak in favor of the bill which he did...I have it on video...then vote against it?

That is not logical.

If we cannot depend on our enemies, on whom can we depend?

TFred

It almost sounded like he was merely reporting that it was passed out of his committee. Not that he was in favor of it, in fact, he said he voted against it.

Now why he would suddenly feel any obligation to make a statement about this inherently obvious fact... who knows.

TFred